PDA

View Full Version : Dec Temps

mnhockey
09-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Due to family emergency i had to cancel and rebook. just wondering if the weather is nice enough to swim around the 1st of Dec.

TammiMcMan
09-23-2007, 12:07 AM
We've been in December when it's 85 degrees during the day and we've been there when it's been closer to freezing. The pools are heated, so it's not bad when you're in the water. Worst case, you might feel a bit nippy when you get out and towel off. We haven't been able to sit by the pool in wet clothes typically, but the kids usually enjoy a swim and then head right back to the room to change.

wendy*darling
09-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes- you never can tell about December weather.
Chances are you will be able to swim at least one day, but you may be in jeans and sweatshirts on another day.
Bring layers, and be prepared for anything.

Disdude
09-23-2007, 01:25 AM
We've been in December a number of times and all but a few days, we could go swimming. Now mind you, some of the times we did not want to get out. As said, the pools are heated.

Have fun and stay warm. :camp:

DISNEYFIX
09-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Same question, how about mid March?
Thanks
Chris

TammiMcMan
09-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Same question, how about mid March?Historically, temps are in the low 70's at that point. You may experience warmer or slightly cooler, but it's highly unlikely that you'd need to worry about cold fronts at that time of year. I guess it depends on what area of the country you're travelling from. We're from New England and have had no problems swimming in December and February.

Meteora
09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
For December--bring a bathing suit, but also bring a lined jacket or coat. You could end up using both in one trip. But, for optimism's sake, my family went to Typhoon Lagoon last December during Christmas week and it was lovely.

Bluesky481
09-23-2007, 12:03 PM
My DH and I were just there the first week of Dec. last year. Some days were in the lower 80's...other days we didn't even reach 70. It's really variable that time of year so if you happen to have a warm day take full advantage of it...you never know what tomorrow will bring :blush:

AllDisney
09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
We were there the first week in Dec. 06 and the first few days were in the 80's perfect pool weather. As the week went on the temps continued to drop. Please keep in mind that the pools are heated.

Bring layers and you'll be fine! Enjoy :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
the weather really is iffy... unlike northern states where you can pretty much guarantee "COLD" during winter months, cold--or colder than hot-- depends on what cold front is or isn't coming through. so like everyone else said, plan for warm and cold.

Tigger's Mom
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
We were there last December and the weather was all over. It was warm enough for shorts and even the pool a couple days. We also had one windy, cold day that made me wish we had winter coats and gloves (we made do with layers of jackets and sweatshirts). Packing for that trip was more difficult than Summer as we needed to be prepared for anything and everything. My suggestion is to plan on wearing layers and you can always store things in a locker. Have a great time!!!

MsMin
09-24-2007, 10:28 PM
We've gone the past 4 Dec's and the majority has been cold. Last year we had the warmest temps we've had there in a long time. I've seen people swimming even when the temp dropped in the 30's. If you take a swim remember to keep your feet warm b/c when it's real cold the most painful part is your feet freezing on the pavement while running back to your room.
One MVMCP we had a windchill of 27, temps were about mid- upper 30's. When the humidity is high and the wind is blowing it goes right through your clothes. So as mentioned, bring layers, you never know if there will be a "dip" in the temps :tree:

dolphinmickey9170
09-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Would I be correct to assume that Disney has all the "cold weather" clothes for sale in all their shops? This way, if what I do bring isn't quite enough?

After growing up in Maine, there's nothing like a good cold winter, maybe the night it is supposed to "snow" during the MVMCP, it will "really" snow.:D

80 more days!

Mickey 101
09-25-2007, 12:50 AM
We love to go in the wintertime and always bring our jeans, sweatshirts, winter jackets and even gloves. We've seen other guests scurrying into gift shops to purchase warm clothes, but all that's really available are lightweight jackets, sweatshirts and some knit gloves. Some guests even wrap up in beach towels. We've always been glad we're prepared for anything. That way, we can purchase what catches our eye and not something out of desperation. :freeze:

MsMin
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
We love to go in the wintertime and always bring our jeans, sweatshirts, winter jackets and even gloves. We've seen other guests scurrying into gift shops to purchase warm clothes, but all that's really available are lightweight jackets, sweatshirts and some knit gloves. Some guests even wrap up in beach towels. We've always been glad we're prepared for anything. That way, we can purchase what catches our eye and not something out of desperation. :freeze:
When it drops you can't find enough to warm you. The sweatshirts can average $45-50 and you may need two to get warm b/c it's the layers that help. They even put CM's out selling blankets but if you are in shorts and flip flops you will freeze despite what you buy and yes my dad was one wearing a towel last year b/c he was freezing and the temps were only in the 40's(even had a jacket in the room) It's so sad to hear children crying to go home b/c it's 35 and they are in flip flops and shorts. I saw that @ MVMCP in Dec. 04, it broke my heart. Remember southern cold is different b/c we don't always have the dry air and the humidity can chill you. Our 40 doesn't feel like a nice dry 40. I don't bring gloves but I do bring several long sleeve knit shirts to layer with. Socks are helpful too. Remember if you have toddlers in a stroller they are not moving as much as you so keep them warm.

tikiman
09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I was freezing last December. I am glad I went but I will not be back in December again. It changed the experience for me alot and I missed wearing shorts. I had to pack twice as much to go in December as when we go in the Summer.

Like others said the temp can be warm but there is no way to tell what it will be.

KarenP
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I never swim in December. It has to be at least in the upper 80's for me to get in a pool.

mrsgaribaldi
09-25-2007, 06:02 PM
One early Dec I bought gloves in the MK during MVMCP. It was cold :freeze: