PDA

View Full Version : How hot can it be at WDW in August? Sizzling is the right word! Day 4 finally!

Mom2princesses
09-22-2007, 09:52 PM
DAY 4 - August 28th EPCOT!
Sorry I took so long to post this update. But I got a really nasty cold, my poor brother injured his knee at my house and needed knee surgery and now my girls have my nasty cold. Oh well things are starting to get better so I'm able to post!

Ring ring ring! I go to grab for the phone. Yep it was Mickey and Stitch waking us up once again. We decided to move a bit slower today. So we slept in until 7:00 am! Once again mom got up first showered and got ready followed by dad. Next the girls get up and dressed and we are ready to go for breakfast. No character meals today. It was time for tonga toast at the Kona Café! So it was easy to get to breakfast this morning since we are staying at the Poly. We packed up the stroller and off we went to the GCH. We got to Kona and checked in and we were immediately seated. Our waiter was really nice and we all decided what we would get. I got tonga toast and so did Ariel (ah a girl after her mothers heart!), my dh got the typical breakfast (eggs, sausage, potatoes and he got toast instead of the biscuit) and my little Diva got Minnie’s french toast. Our waiter was pushing the Mickey Waffles because he thought she would enjoy them but my Diva wanted French toast! Our waiter said that the French toast didn’t look like Minnie but that was ok Cindy was on a French toast kick the past few mornings. Hmm, maybe she is a tonga toast lover in the making! Got to start out small! We got our great kona coffee and the girls got their drinks. Before you know it our food was brought out. The tonga toast was yummy! But of course neither of us finished it. My dh loved his breakfast and my little Cindy ate all her French toast too! Well of course mom’s breakfast was interrupted with a “mommy I have to go potty!” Time to do another potty survey! I’m getting so used to this. So off we went to the potty. We got back and mom got to eat some of her tonga toast cold! Mom’s are use to this anyhow. Ask any mom the last time she ate a warm meal. They probably won’t remember!

Finally we get up and go to the monorail. Today is our Epcot day. I was so looking forward to riding Soaring! We get the monorail (it was just too hot to even think about walking to the TTC) and then we switch to the Epcot monorail. We arrive to Epcot without any problems and we head directly to the Land to get our fast pass tickets to Soaring. Return time was at 12:00 noon. It was about 9:00 when we got to Epcot. We proceed to the Nemo ride. The wait time was not that bad at all yet. We basically walked all the way through that long que and only had to wait about 5 mins to get on the ride. We all enjoyed the ride. Diva really loved it. Nemo I could her shouting from the clam before us. She went with Daddy and I went on with Ariel. Diva tried to score another stuffed Nemo. Nope! I reminded her that she already had a Nemo at home. It was an easy win she didn’t push it.

We then waited to go and Talk with Crush. I was totally amazed by Crush. Don’t you just love the expressions he makes? It was great. Ariel sat in the front but Diva wanted to sit with Mom and Dad in the back. Next we went to imagination. After saying hello to Figment we decided to do Honey I Shrunk the Audience. The wait was only about 15 mins. This is actually the very first time I have seen this attraction. Ariel did not want to do it the last time we were there. She was 5 years old at the time and this kid loved RNR but she would not go into any dark attractions. There was a reason for this and this is where I get to admit that we were bad parents. On our last trip to WDW we went to the MK like we always do on our first day. Well, you know where Stitch is now? You know what use to be there? Well we were in Future world and we were walking by and a show was just starting so we ran inside not knowing or reading all the warnings. Yes bad parents! We wanted to make the show and this was after all Disney what could be bad? Well, Ariel was only 5 at the time and she sat on the right hand side of me. I had another little girl to my left. She was close to Ariel’s age too maybe a year older. Well all of a sudden the show starts. OMG!! I scared the heck out of both of the girls. I didn’t even know the little girl on my left and she was holding on to me. I have a feeling she was sitting away from her parents. I felt so awful for Ariel I had no idea what Alien was all about. I had no idea it would be so scary. We survived it but from that point on Ariel refused to go into any attraction that was dark inside. Till this day she has to have a night light on in her room. Of course after we got out I see all the warning signs.

Ok I exceeded the limit once again so I'll continue in the next post!

Mom2princesses
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Well we all enjoyed HISTA it was a lot of fun. The girls wanted a snack so we got Ariel a frozen banana and Cindy wanted her fruit ice pop. My dh and I just got something cold to drink because once again it was just too HOT. Once again it was a bit frustrating waiting on line because most of the people ahead of us were on the free dining plan and they could not figure out what was on the plan and what was not so this made the line go very slow. Sheesh they need to do more investigation on these boards! After our snack it was time to head back over to Soarin! I was so looking forward to this ride and it did not disappoint! Our return time was 12:00 noon. When we went back we noticed that all fastpasses were already handed out for the day. So make sure you get there early in the morning to get a fastpass. We sat in the second row, Ariel first then me, then Cindy (who had to use the middle strap) and then Daddy. It was awesome! What a great ride. We were lucky too because in front of us were little kids so their feet were not dangling in front of us at all. Isnt’ it amazing how you pick your feet up because you think they are going to get wet?

After Soarin we had to decide what our plan of action would be. Ariel wanted to go on both Test Track and Mission Space. It was after 1:00 and soon to be approaching 1:30. We walked around and stopped in a few shops. Then we decided to get Fast Pass for both of those rides. Cindy couldn’t go on either of them so we got two FP’s for each ride. Dad would go on mission space with Ariel and I would go on Test Track with her. Our return time for Mission space was for 4:30-5:30 and for Test Track it was for 8:00. Great so we headed back to the Poly to just rest today. No swimming because we had to be back by 5:15 for Mission Space and our ADR at Norway, which was for 6:15 pm. The girls really wanted to swim but we really would not have time to swim too long so we told them that since tomorrow we will be doing the MK they could check out the Volcano pool and have more time. Of course we heard whining and complaining about unfair we were. Instead we all took a nice nap and freshened up. My dh and I were averaging two showers a day due to the heat! We didn’t get back to the Poly until after 2:00.

Well when you are resting the time just goes by way too fast. Before you knew it we were off to Epcot once more. It was amazing to see people returning when we were going back to a park. They looked so drained and so exhausted. This time of year you really do need to head back and take a break. We were ready to spend another 5 hours at Epcot! First stop was Mission Space. Ariel was a little apprehensive about doing the Orange side but she toughed it out and did it and she was glad she did. In the meantime I looked for a shady spot and started talking to a Dad who had his little one in a stroller. He was waiting for his wife and her mom to come off of Mission Space. We started chatting and found out he was from New Jersey too! For some reason there were tons of people from Jersey that week. It was strange. But it was nice to talk to him it helped the time go by quickly. While waiting a storm passed by so we headed for cover it didn’t rain that long and when it stopped Daddy and Ariel headed over to us with big smiles. My dh just loved it! I knew he would after reading about it on the boards. So that is why I “let” him go on with Ariel. I was sad to miss it but I knew he would enjoy that ride the most. Ok so off to our dinner ADR at Norway. Cindy was all pumped up she was going to dine with the Princesses AGAIN!

Well it was packed there was a lot of people hanging around waiting to be called. So I checked in and we waited to be called. Daddy took a picture of Ariel by the Viking boat. Cindy was getting a little antsy but finally they called us in it really didn’t take that long. Maybe 15 mins but standing outside with two kids in the HOT sun makes it seem so much longer. So we went in and the girls got to meet Belle in her beautiful yellow dress. (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/belle_norway1.jpg)

They then took us to our table and our waitress came over and took our order. We headed up to the appetizer buffet and got some things to eat. There was lots of unique things as well as other things that everyone would recognize! We go to sit back down and then the princesses come out. We got to meet Ariel (with her legs of course), (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Ariel-Norway.jpg)Followed by Sleeping Beauty (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/sb_norway.jpg), and then Snow White (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/snow_white.jpg)(who must have been having a bad day) was not very friendly and my older daughter picked up on it.

But who saved the day?

Yep our last princess was the one and only Cinderella! (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Disney%20August%202007%20Trip/cindy_norway.jpg)Well you see my Cindy was dying to ask her a question. She asked to see her slippers. Because she has a pair of Cinderella slippers at home that she got for her third birthday and she lives in them whenever I let her. So Cinderella showed her the shoes she had on and said, “Well I have my silver shoes on today because they are more comfortable than my glass slippers. My glass slippers are home at the castle!” Cinderella was great and so were Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel. The only one that was in a rush and not very friendly at least this day was Snow White thank goodness Cindy didn’t notice it. You can even see it by looking at the picture. No pretty princess smile there at all! Now check out these pictures and look at Cindy’s smile. You can really see it in the pictures with Snow White and Sleeping Beauty she got this smile which looked so forced but actually it was due to the fact that she was just so excited it just popped out that way! The family next to us just laughed every time she posed for a picture. I still chuckle when I see the pictures. The tables on both sides of us were really friendly. One had two little boys (around 7 and 9) and it was so very cute to see them react to the princesses. We really enjoyed the company of both of our neighboring tables and we all had a great time. But I was disappointed in the food. I got the pasta dish and it was just ok. They almost took my plate away before I was finished! My dh got the venison stew and he was not impressed at all. Cindy got pizza and she only ate a bite or two and my poor Ariel ordered the children’s wrap she really didn’t like anything on the adult menu and it was teeny tiny portion. She got three pieces the size of sushi. I couldn’t believe it. Well at least she got to finish her sister’s pizza. Desert was good and they give you the recipes, which was pretty cool.

Here is a picture of Ariel by the boat (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/vikingship_bec.jpg). Cindy did NOT want to have her picture taken by the boat and even today will remind us that she didn't want to go by the boat! Well at least she is consistent!

Ok still over by a few characters so once again I'll stop here and post the rest below.

Mom2princesses
09-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Finally the last segment!

Next stop. Yep the potty! Can’t leave a restaurant without stopping in the potty. Then we split up. We were going to do the boat ride in Norway but get this the wait was 45 mins! HUH? No way so my dh took Cindy to walk with her around the countries while Ariel and I headed off to Test Track for our FP time. Yes it was already close to 8:00. Off we went and it was funny this woman was waiting outside to get in and when the CM checked our tickets she had the nerve to look over and see what time we had on our FP to make sure we were not being let in early. Sheesh! I guess she was trying to get on the ride before her time and the CM rightfully would not let her get on it yet. We go in and the wait was not that long maybe about 10 mins and we finally ride. The guy behind us asked me to take of picture of him with his girls sitting in the car so I did. By the time I sat down I almost didn’t have time to buckle my seat belt! Off we went and it was lots of fun! We enjoyed it and then fast paced it back to try and find the other half of our family and get a spot for Illuminations. I called my dh and he was by China so we said we would meet up by Norway. Ariel and I stopped by one of the vendors selling those spinny light toys. She finally after 15 mins (UGH) picked out the one she wanted and I picked the princess one for Cindy. We meet up and dh gives a smoothie he had purchased to Ariel. Yum it was good. We got a spot right near Norway where there is a railing so we could at least lean against it. We put Cindy and her stroller in front and the rest of us leaned on the railing. I went to get a Frozen Margarita from Mexico it was heavenly I got three flavors in one and I got back just in time for the show to start. Well first we did a quick potty survey and before you knew it Illuminations started! Cindy was a little unsure and I had to pick her up and hold her but she got through it ok. I love this show! Finally we headed back with the masses to the Park exit. It is very scary trying to move a stroller through these crowds. We had to keep stopping short because people would just jump in front of us. Finally we made it to the monorail and it was packed of course. We had to stand but at least Cindy was sleeping in her stroller. By the way I decided to buy a Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller for the trip and researching it on the boards. I found a good deal on one and it was definitely worth it. It was easy to steer and easy to fold up yet it was strong enough to hold a very solid and tall 3 year old. I use that one all the time now when we head to the Mall or someplace else where there is a lot of walking.

Instead of fighting the crowds and taking the second monorail we decided to walk from the TTC to the Poly. It is a very short walk. The only problem we had was that we got lost! It was dark and we couldn’t find our bearings. Finally after an argument between me and dh we asked a CM who was a maintenance worker (Air Conditioning) and he was not only nice enough to give us directions but he walked us back to our building. He was great! Our tired puppies really appreciated his kindness.

The kids had some snacks and off to bed they went tomorrow was our last day at WDW and we were going to the MK. Cindy was thrilled that she would be going to where the Castle was again.

Click here for day 5 our last day at Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117494) where else would we spend our last day - the Magic Kingdom of course!

Bethis26fan
09-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

faline
09-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Whew! What a long day! Good thing you had a rest break in the afternoon! Illuminations is a wonderful way to wrap up your last full day at Disney World!

Mom2princesses
09-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks and I'm glad you are enjoying it. It was a great day. Can't believe it was almost a month ago already. Time flies!

Whew! What a long day! Good thing you had a rest break in the afternoon! Illuminations is a wonderful way to wrap up your last full day at Disney World!

Yes it was a long day. The heat made it seem even longer but taking that break is really a life saver. You might loose a few hours but then you are ready to go full speed again so I think it really pays off escpecially in the HOT August weather. It really helped us enjoy our vacation more. I really love Illuminations but our last day was actually in the MK that will be coming up shortly. Stay tuned! :mickey:

Mom2princesses
10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry I have been gone so long but day 5 part 1 will be posted tomorrow. I ended up getting a really bad cold and then work went crazy, school is in full force and Ariel's swim team season started as well as girl scouts. So time has been really a hard thing to come by lately. So stay tuned for day 5 tomorrow. Our last day at WDW and of course where else would be spend it but at the Magic Kingdom. I have it typed out in word and the pictures uploaded but I am just too tired to post it now. Have a great evening everyone!

Here is a link to Day 5 - Our final day at WDW - Part 1 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117494)