PDA

View Full Version : Appetizers/Desserts

centralohio disneyfan
09-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Has anyone just went into any of the nicer restaurants and just ordered and appetizer or just a dessert? If so, where? ANd what desserts or appetizers do you suggest? When I go to DIsney. for some reason I do not have much of an appetite, but I would like to experience some of the nicer restaurants without getting a full meal? Also, can you share meals.

disneymom2000
09-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Actually, I have been to the Coral Reef and had their Creamy Lobster Soup and then followed it with their Chocolate Wave. I love the ambiance of this restaurant.

I have also done this at 50's Primetime. If I eat a meal, I don't have room for Dad's Sundae so I just skipped the meal.:blush:

Madame Leona
09-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I am so glad you brought this up. It bothers my husband when I want to do something like this. I can't wait to tell him about this post!

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I have also done this at 50's Primetime. If I eat a meal, I don't have room for Dad's Sundae so I just skipped the meal.:blush:

And mom let you get away with that??? I KNEW you were her favorite! :pout:

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 10:33 PM
we ate cheesecake from the foodcourt almost every night. (ASM food court) just as a night time snack. And boy was it good!

kakn7294
09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
We haven't done this yet but it is a consideration. It's really not much different than ordering 1 entree and sharing. We just might do this on our next trip for a lunch or two at Epcot.

LizLovesDiz
09-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I had weight loss surgery,and was wondering about this also,very good to know ! :mickey:

snifflesmcg
09-23-2007, 01:14 AM
The restaurants in Disney are just like any other anywhere else. Nothing says you have to order a full meal when going into a restaurant. I know this isn't the nicest Disney restaurant but my BF and I had just an appetizer to use up our $15 voucher we received in our package. I'm glad we did it.

mrsgaribaldi
09-23-2007, 08:51 AM
We split one appetizer and one main course at Rose & Crown for a lunch a few weeks ago. Then we each had dessert. The sticky toffee pudding was the best thing I've ever had:blush::thumbsup:

mickey-mouse35
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I do this a lot! At Kona, I get one or two appetizers and dessert--no entree. Plan to do this at Coral Reef, too, like other poster suggested.

Natazu
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Jym's Top-7 Favorite Appetizers:
7. Beef Tenderloin Kabobs – Le Cellier
6. Pot Stickers – Kona Café
5. Beef Brewat Rolls - Marrakesh
4. Gateau of Crab - Citricos
3. BLT Flatbread - California Grill
2. Honey Coriander Chicken Wings - 'Ohana
1. Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - California Grill

Jym’s Top-7 Favorite Desserts:
7. Apple Brown Betty – Kona Café