PDA

View Full Version : Jest Quetions: Buying Cross Trainers for Tennis Camp.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Thought I'd hit Sandy, Nat, Mikki and Christine all in one on the new title. Don't blame me--Pogo was a co-conspirator. Well, don't blame only me.

So, I hope everyone enjoyed the flight. Sorry about that little side-trip into the early seventies; had a little glitch in the flux capacitor. That was a scary interlude indeed.

Please enter the store single file and pick out your size and style before we embark on the next leg of the journey to the tennis camp. Pogo will be your lead instructor (he says "What a racket") and Mikki will be his first student. :thedolls:

Nat, sorry about the color (colour) selection. Try to make do the best you can. Christine, we have a private tent just for you. It's soundproofed so no-one can hear you screaming.

Everyone enjoy!

Did I get a question in there anywhere?

Natazu
09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Please enter the store single file and pick out your size and style before we embark on the next leg of the journey to the tennis camp. Pogo will be your lead instructor (he says "What a racket")
Nike Airs for me, white. What's a lead instructor and what does it have to do with tennis? Is the court made out of lead? or maybe the balls? They wouldn't bounce too well.

dlpmikki
09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
His first student? I don't mind teaching older folk but they need to understand the professional / learner relationship! Think we may have run into Borg in the 70s just and certainly Connors. Jimmy C(onnors) told me not to take any nonsense from you old guys!

Still nice to be back in the here and now for most of us. Sorry you and Pogo will be feeling your age Ken :thedolls:

Tink&Goofy
09-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Glad to see that Jym found his way! Now that Jym is chiming in, does that mean I am no longer the "new girl"?:D

alpro2
09-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Where do I fit into to all of this?

Nascfan
09-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Am I here?

How the heck did we get a new thread already? Work and life have me so busy I barely got in on the last one!

I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful last weekend of summer as we are. Temps are darn near perfect, sun is bright, sky is blue, and my daughter's high school (my alma mater) won their homecoming game last night. Go Panthers! :D

Have a great rest of the weekend gang. Did the cookies make the trip too?

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Glad to see that Jym found his way! Now that Jym is chiming in, does that mean I am no longer the "new girl"?:D

Wow, I guess that means that Jym is THE NEW GIRL! :D

Welcom Jym!

It's good to have another Rocky Topper here on the JQ!

What will we talk about today? ;)

trackbarroness
09-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome Jym glad you found us dude.
I'll take a pair of cross trainers.
I don't suppose there aren't any golf shoes in that room? Because I need a pair? :D
I have tomorrow off and have one day at Space Mountain and then I start the next learning curve over in the Stitch complex.
Who know's perhaps during the next year I'll be crossed trained at Buzz complex also.
Now that would be totally rad dudes to the extreme.

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Welcome Jym glad you found us dude.
I'll take a pair of cross trainers.
I don't suppose there aren't any golf shoes in that room? Because I need a pair? :D
I have tomorrow off and have one day at Space Mountain and then I start the next learning curve over in the Stitch complex.
Who know's perhaps during the next year I'll be crossed trained at Buzz complex also.
Now that would be totally rad dudes to the extreme.

I think you are right, Jym is a dude. :thumbsup:
I got a new pair of cross trainers this week. They are NB in navy, gray, pink and white. I'm not planning on doing anything except walk in them though.
Jym, do you know anyone in Maynardville?
One of my best friends lives there.

alpro2
09-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Welcom Jym!

Welcom Jym!

Can you repeat that again Deb? I don't think I got it the first and second time. :D

pogo
09-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Thought I'd hit Sandy, Nat, Mikki and Christine all in one on the new title. Don't blame me--Pogo was a co-conspirator. Well, don't blame only me.

So, I hope everyone enjoyed the flight. Sorry about that little side-trip into the early seventies; had a little glitch in the flux capacitor. That was a scary interlude indeed.

Please enter the store single file and pick out your size and style before we embark on the next leg of the journey to the tennis camp. Pogo will be your lead instructor (he says "What a racket") and Mikki will be his first student. :thedolls:

Nat, sorry about the color (colour) selection. Try to make do the best you can. Christine, we have a private tent just for you. It's soundproofed so no-one can hear you screaming.

Everyone enjoy!

Did I get a question in there anywhere?
Hey thanks, Big Guy. This is going to be almost as much fun as watching the US Womens Soccer Team kicking the snot out of the Brits today, 3 to 0 in the World Cup. My hometown girl Amy helped make it happen. Did anybody see the match ? :D

Nike Airs for me, white. What's a lead instructor and what does it have to do with tennis? Is the court made out of lead? or maybe the balls? They wouldn't bounce too well.
Hold on now Jym..... you only had to ask one question. :shake: Ah..... newbies..... aren't they cute ! :D

His first student? Easy now Dutchess.... I'm sure that if you pay attention, I'll have you playing the game properly in no time !

Glad to see that Jym found his way! Now that Jym is chiming in, does that mean I am no longer the "new girl"?
OK T&G.... you are nolonger the "new girl". I can't wait to see Jym in a tennis skirt. :whistle:

Where do I fit into to all of this?
Want me to take you under my wing and make you my water boy.... errrr... I mean my assistant ? :blush: Grab the pink Nike's and we'll get started.

Am I here?

How the heck did we get a new thread already? Work and life have me so busy I barely got in on the last one!
Hey Scott..... you snooze.... you lose.

Wow, I guess that means that Jym is THE NEW GIRL.
Would that make him your little sister ? :secret:

pogo
09-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Can you repeat that again Deb? I don't think I got it the first and second time. :D
Gosh...... would that make you a slow learner ? :D

Tink&Goofy
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
OK T&G.... you are nolonger the "new girl". I can't wait to see Jym in a tennis skirt. :whistle::

Boy, between Jym and Alex, they are quite a pair, huh? :funny:

Want me to take you under my wing and make you my water boy.... errrr... I mean my assistant ? :blush: Grab the pink Nike's and we'll get started.

You know, the shoes that go with the pink shorts!:D I wouldn't recommend the tube top, if you are playing tennis! :shake::blush:

So what else is there to do here if I don't play tennis?

pogo
09-22-2007, 09:00 PM
So what else is there to do here if I don't play tennis?
You don't play tennis ? :faint:

You can't just sit around looking pretty. :shake:
We'll work with you right after we teach the Dutchess how to play the right way ! :thumbsup:

Or you can do all the cooking and cleaning at camp...... your choice. So what will it be ? :D

Christine
09-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Good evening all!

Olivia's :soccer: game was another great one today...they won 5-0 and are undefeated for the season! :cheer:

Congrats on your daughter's homecoming game, Scott!

So, tennis camp, huh? Prepare to be amazed...I've been practicing on the Wii! ;)

Christine
09-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh, and Ken...

"Jest Quetions???" Is that the Canadian or Carolina spelling for Just Questions??

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 09:54 PM
No, Christine, I think Ken was taking spelling lessons from Pogo. :nono:

And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R." Are you sure the flux capacitor didn't do any permanent damage?

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM

:fresh: Would you believe I'm so nice I said it twice!?

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM

And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R." Are you sure the flux capacitor didn't do any permanent damage?

UMMM B and R?

Could that be Baskin Robbins? In the early 70's that is where I was working as I helped myself get through college. Yumm! Pralines and Cream......
Did we scare Jym away again?

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Gosh...... would that make you a slow learner ? :D

High 5 me Bro! :D

We crack me up!

Is it illegal to have this much fun?

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 10:25 PM
At least you were working in the 70s. Had it been the 50s, who knows if these guys would have "let" you work, much less go to college? ;)

pogo
09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
So, tennis camp, huh? Prepare to be amazed...I've been practicing on the Wii! We... we..... :confused: I'm glad you're ready for this. You surprise me sometimes. Have you found your tent yet ? After all..... this is Tennis Camp.

Oh, and Ken...

"Jest Quetions???" Is that the Canadian or Carolina spelling for Just Questions??
I'm not sure but...... I think he might have had too much to drink before he typed that. :D

And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R." Are you sure the flux capacitor didn't do any permanent damage? Wow..... I can't even remember the 70s....:ill:.... It must have been fun.

:fresh: Would you believe I'm so nice I said it twice!?
:shake: I wouldn't

High 5 me Bro!

We crack me up!

Is it illegal to have this much fun?
Deb.... :secret:......you have the right to remain silent....... :D

Dsnygirl
09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi guys... just a quick zoop in before bed!! Today was crazy, but fun... ballet and errands with my MIL while the girls danced... then home for lunch and back out for some apple picking (and yes, we picked too much again... :blush:) and then back to the store for a present for a last-minute invite to a b'day party tomorrow.... and then out for dinner with the girls and my MIL, and a walk along the lake!! All sans my DH... he had a golf outing, and was out hitting the greens all day. So - now it's off to bed, without any time to catch up... just glad I caught the next flight before it got too far ahead of me!!

As far as the trainers - could I have some red ones, please?? Sand washed with white laces... and do I really have to take tennis lessons??? Not really my forte.... :(

good night all... see you tomorrow!! (i hope!!)

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 11:20 PM
At least you were working in the 70s. Had it been the 50s, who knows if these guys would have "let" you work, much less go to college? ;)

True, but my mom did it in the 40's and early 50's.

Wow..... I can't even remember the 70s....:ill:.... It must have been fun.

Deb.... :secret:......you have the right to remain silent....... :D

I think we may have gone to the same party called the 70's. Was it about 30 years ago?

Sure I could remain silent, but that would not be any fun!, now would it?

Good night Blythe. I am signing off too.

Night Night.

pogo
09-23-2007, 12:21 AM
As far as the trainers - could I have some red ones, please?? Sand washed with white laces... and do I really have to take tennis lessons??? Not really my forte....
Don't worry if you are not very good, Blythe... we'll pair you with Mikki..... you can both learn at the same time. :D

I think we may have gone to the same party called the 70's. Was it about 30 years ago?

We might have..... were you the girl in the tye dye shirt and blue jeans ? :blush: No..... you would have remembered that ! ;)

OK Gang........ one other piece of news..... our "new girl", NATAZU is celebrating his 39th birthday today.

Happy Birthday Jym....... let's have possum to celebrate. :D

Goodnight all.............. :sleepin:

drummerboy
09-23-2007, 12:28 AM
And I can't imagine why, but I think several of our JQ gentleman seem to be stuck in the early 70s. I have two words for you (names actually), and they start with a "B" and an "R."
Burt Reynolds? :confused:

Oh, and Ken...

You know, "Jest", as in joke, humor... [think she's buying it Pogo?] :blush:
I guess I could use my magical moderator powers to fix it, but what the hey.

Did I ever tell you that DW's Great (X?) grandmother got a medical degree from the Women's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1893? She was the shame of the family at the time. She was the first caucasion woman to practice medicine in Alabama.

I'm not sure but...... I think he might have had too much to drink before he typed that. :D Well, it is saturday. And pretty sad that I'm sitting here at my computer on a Saturday night, don't you think?

True, but my mom did it in the 40's and early 50's.
Did what, sold Baskin-Robbins? I didn't think they'd been around that long!

I've got the script done!!! Or did I already say that? Anyway, I've been doing a little tweaking today and putting in some more lyrics, but at least the basic script will be ready for audition time. I will not have to suffer the wrath of DD1.

You'll all have to keep me company next week. DW is taking the grandyoung'uns and their mother off in the RV.

good night all.

dlpmikki
09-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Having read the posts in this new thread I think Ellen was right. Now isn't that a pity? :(

ElenitaB
09-23-2007, 03:23 AM
OK Gang........ one other piece of news..... our "new girl", NATAZU is celebrating his 39th birthday today.
Thirty-nine plus how many? Just need to know if we need to turn off the sprinkler system or not.

Burt Reynolds? :confused:

You'll all have to keep me company next week. DW is taking the grandyoung'uns and their mother off in the RV.
Cute, but no cigar!

Hey didn't your wife take the DD and the DGC off in the RV THIS weekend? :confused:

Having read the posts in this new thread I think Ellen was right. Now isn't that a pity? :(
A pity that I was right, or a pity that the flux capacitor affected them more than they think?

Natazu
09-23-2007, 03:58 AM
S'ok. I'll be the new girl

What will we talk about today?How 'bout them Vols?

Welcome Jym glad you found us dude.apparently it's dudette

Jym, do you know anyone in Maynardville?
One of my best friends lives there.
My wife's grandmother is from there. We don't know anyone living there right now. It's a cute little town.

Did we scare Jym away again?I'm not smart enough to be scared.

Happy Birthday Jym....... let's have possum to celebrate. :DI'll bring the seasoning. You get the meat this time. Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.

alpro2
09-23-2007, 07:58 AM
You know, the shoes that go with the pink shorts!:D I wouldn't recommend the tube top, if you are playing tennis! :shake::blush:

You are right - no tube top whilst playing tennis. I don't want Pogo to be staring at me.

Well, it is saturday. And pretty sad that I'm sitting here at my computer on a Saturday night, don't you think?

Actually, it is pretty sad that ALL of you were sitting in front of your computers on a Saturday night.

What shall I have for breakfast?

trackbarroness
09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Good morning all :)
Yay Jym you and your are coming down to my neck of the woods. :D Funny thing is that this week I learn new stuff and the following I am working Space Mountain? I'm confused I thought I'd have some time to get use to the other attractions. I guess they'll toss me over there when they need me.
Oh boy gotta learn lessons and wear that skort thing. Oh boy look out side liners your gonna need to wear helmets whilst I play tennis. :laughing: :hide2: :hide:

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh, and Ken...

"Jest" isn't Canadian so it has to be Carolinian

Did I ever tell you that DW's Great (X?) grandmother got a medical degree from the Women's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1893? She was the shame of the family at the time. She was the first caucasion woman to practice medicine in Alabama.

That's really cool, Ken!!

Happy Birthday, Jym!!! Who's in charge of the cake? Don't let Alex near the candles or we'll either have a major fire or fireworks going off.:D

Boy, you guys were talkitive last night!!!

Pogo, I couldn't find any wine from the Finger Lakes region up here, but sometime in October we're going with our friends for a drive down there to the different wineries to get some.

disneydeb
09-23-2007, 08:42 AM
We might have..... were you the girl in the tye dye shirt and blue jeans ? :blush: No..... you would have remembered that ! ;)
OK Gang........ one other piece of news..... our "new girl", NATAZU is celebrating his 39th birthday today. :D

I've decided not to go there.:D

Did what, sold Baskin-Robbins? I didn't think they'd been around that long!

I didn't know anyone had a great X Grandmother. Did she not make enough cookies?

Mom graduated from college and worked 30 years as a teacher.

How 'bout them Vols?

apparently it's dudette

I'm not smart enough to be scared.

I'll bring the seasoning. You get the meat this time. Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
Happy Birthday from Rocky Top!

I've got the pig in the ground and the beer is on ice. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight! Do you wanna PARTY?..........
Let's get the music started!

You are right - no tube top whilst playing tennis. I don't want Pogo to be staring at me.

:funny::eyes:

Yay Jym you and your are coming down to my neck of the woods. Funny thing is that this week I learn new stuff and the following I am working Space Mountain? I'm confused I thought I'd have some time to get use to the other attractions. I guess they'll toss me over there when they need me.
Oh boy gotta learn lessons and wear that skort thing. Oh boy look out side liners your gonna need to wear helmets whilst I play tennis.
See Ya Real Soon!

pogo
09-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, it is saturday. And pretty sad that I'm sitting here at my computer on a Saturday night, don't you think?

I'm VERY happy to be sitting here on a Saturday night. For so many years I'd be out until 3:00 AM if it was local. Sometimes it would be hundreds of miles from home. I hated being on the road. Staying in motels or sleeping on the bus. Do you blame me for wanting a normal life ?

Having read the posts in this new thread I think Ellen was right. Now isn't that a pity?
Aw..... come on Dutchess..... it won't be so bad. We'll have you playing championship tennis in no time if you just apply yourself. :thumbsup:

Can you at least try..... just for me ? :D

Thirty-nine plus how many? Just need to know if we need to turn off the sprinkler system or not.
:funny:

Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon. In fact someone may need to call me to wake me up about 4 so I can go to work. It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
Enjoy your day. Don't foget to save us some leftovers. Say :hi: to Rachel for us.

Actually, it is pretty sad that ALL of you were sitting in front of your computers on a Saturday night.
You have sooo much to learn :shake:..... so much. :D

Pogo, I couldn't find any wine from the Finger Lakes region up here, but sometime in October we're going with our friends for a drive down there to the different wineries to get some.So you are coming to the Finger Lakes in October ? :confused:

pogo
09-23-2007, 08:56 AM
I've decided not to go there.
Chicken ! :fresh:

I've got the pig in the ground and the beer is on ice. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight! Do you wanna PARTY?..........
Let's get the music started!

You're not related to Hank are you ? I ask because I noticed your beard. :D

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
So you are coming to the Finger Lakes in October ? :confused:

Yes, sir we are. Our friend really likes Finger Lakes wines. He said he really enjoyed Tugboat wine. We haven't set a date yet because of my schedule.

Did someone leave the cookies in 1955?

trackbarroness
09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
What cookies? :cool:
Oh you mean the cookies that have a lot of stuff in them? :cool:
They have walnuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, almonds, peacans, and other nuts that I can't think of their names. these cookies are loaded with goodies, and um no caleries also. Yeah that's it. hehehe

Mickey'sGirl
09-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I was initially relieved at being released from the 50's -- but Tennis Camp???? Can I get a Health exemption???
Wow, I guess that means that Jym is THE NEW GIRL! :sing:Hey look out for that moving van
Driving down our streets
You better lock up your man
Before he meets
The New Girl In Town
Who just came on the scene?
The New Girl In Town
Can't be more than sixteen
And she'd got a way of makin'
A boy act like a clown
Wo-oo, wo-oo, wo-oo, wo-oo
We don't know what to do
'Bout the next girl in town
:sing:

So what else is there to do here if I don't play tennis?You'll have to officiate with me T&G .. 'cause I ain't playing. :humph:

Or you can do all the cooking and cleaning at camp...... your choice. So what will it be ? :D:hi: I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything.... T&G wanna help?

Olivia's :soccer: game was another great one today...they won 5-0 and are undefeated for the season! Congrats to Olivia!!

Oh, and Ken...

The "Jest" made me laugh (think Jester)

At least you were working in the 70s. I was getting toilet trained. :D

Happy Birthday, Jym!!! Who's in charge of the cake? Don't let Alex near the candles or we'll either have a major fire or fireworks going off.
Yes, Happy Birthday Jym!!! May you have a terrific year!! :party:

Dsnygirl
09-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Don't worry if you are not very good, Blythe... we'll pair you with Mikki..... you can both learn at the same time.

Happy Birthday Jym....... let's have possum to celebrate.

Nope - I'm not playing Mikki - I firmly believe I'd be battered around the court and wind up hanging off the net!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JYM!! And welcome to JQ, although it's a little late from me... you seem to be well on your way to enjoying the insanity that reigns here!! Looking forward to meeting you in 17 DAYS!! :D

It's almost time to pay The Mouse.
Perfect way to put it -- I'll have to remember that!! Certainly better than paying Uncle Sam... :thumbsup:

What shall I have for breakfast?
We're having pancakes... would you like some??

I'm VERY happy to be sitting here on a Saturday night. For so many years I'd be out until 3:00 AM if it was local. Sometimes it would be hundreds of miles from home. I hated being on the road. Staying in motels or sleeping on the bus. Do you blame me for wanting a normal life ?

So, this is normal?? Good to know... most of my friends think it's crazy.... :crazy: Even Dan is waiting until he meets all you Disney nuts in October to finally be able to agree with me that it's totally cool!! :cool:

Pogo, I couldn't find any wine from the Finger Lakes region up here, but sometime in October we're going with our friends for a drive down there to the different wineries to get some.
You'll have to let us know when you're down here... I'm right on the edge of the region!! So's Pogo!!

So, what's up for everyone today?? We're headed out for some apple fritters and pumpkin patch picking later today.... then it's off to some place of our DD6's choosing to make her feel better while DD9 heads next door for a birthday party. What's everyone else doing??

Would anyone else like some pancakes?? Dan makes some killer ones... :thumbsup:

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I was initially relieved at being released from the 50's -- but Tennis Camp???? Can I get a Health exemption???
:hi: I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything.... T&G wanna help?

Can I share that exemption with you, Sister? Sports and me have never gotten along. I'll be tripping over my own two feet. :D I can't cook either, but I can be a bartender!!!

You'll have to let us know when you're down here... I'm right on the edge of the region!! So's Pogo!!

What's everyone else doing??

I'll let you know, we were thinking around the 6th, but our friend might be out of town and I'm not sure when my next weekend off is because my assistant manager has asked for most of the Saturdays off.

I'm doing some last minute sewing, packing and heading off north for a three day seminar for work, yuck. I hate sitting in meetings from 9am-9pm for 2 days and 5 hours on Wednesday. The only thing that would make it good is if I won the $1000 in the elimination draw instead of fleece like they usually give away.

Pancakes sound quite good this morning!!! Do you want some coffee or freshly squeezed orange juice with them?

disneydeb
09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Chicken ! :fresh:

You're not related to Hank are you ? I ask because I noticed your beard. :D

I'll not dignify that with a response.:party:

:hi: I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything....

I was getting toilet trained. :D

Once you've tasted possum and gator, your store bought vittles will never be the same!:D

You are a mere child!:D Did it take long?;)

drummerboy
09-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Pogo--I just heard something on CBS Sunday Morning that will bring a tear to your eye. Rochester holds the world's record for hosting the largest kazoo band! Wow!

Everybody up and ready for today's lessons?

disneydeb
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Pogo--I just heard something on CBS Sunday Morning that will bring a tear to your eye. Rochester holds the world's record for hosting the largest kazoo band! Wow!

Pogo probably knows that already as he is the Ringleader of Rochester.. Can't you hear it in his posts?:D

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh, ouch, my ankle, my wrist and my elbow hurts...I think I need to see the doctor..;) Sister, do you think that'll work?

Pogo probably knows that already as he is the Ringleader of Rochester.. Can't you hear it in his posts?:D

:funny::laughing:

drummerboy
09-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh, ouch, my ankle, my wrist and my elbow hurts...I think I need to see the doctor..;) Sister, do you think that'll work?
Ooh, no. I think you need extra lessons so you can learn to avoid those little aggrevations. :thedolls:

Anybody else having a really lazy day?

alpro2
09-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't let Alex near the candles or we'll either have a major fire or fireworks going off.

You should see me at the BBQ grill. :D

I was getting toilet trained.

Ok, so when will you finish your training? :thedolls:

The little green guy on the Flintstones? Do you mean there are many little green aliens playing in a band, or one gigantic green alien playing an instrument? Dumb-dumb (as Kazoo would say)!

Natazu
09-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Yay Jym you and your are coming down to my neck of the woods. :D Funny thing is that this week I learn new stuff and the following I am working Space Mountain? We'll come find you sometime while we're there

Chicken ! no, possum.

Perfect way to put it -- I'll have to remember that!! Certainly better than paying Uncle Sam... We've been saying that for a couple of years now. My screen saver says "Mice are expensive..."

Pancakes sound quite good this morning!!! Do you want some coffee or freshly squeezed orange juice with them?Could I just have a glass of milk?

ElenitaB
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
"Jest" isn't Canadian so it has to be Carolinian
Okay, so "jest" may be on purpose, but look at the second word! Unless Ken is suddenly affected by a Segovian or Dominican accent and doing phonetic spelling, he needs to spend some time with Deb over in the reading/writing classroom. Ken, have you been smelling those chemical fumes during your house remodel or have you been taking spelling lessons from Pogo?

I'll bring the seasoning. You get the meat this time. Actually, my mother is making lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and meatballs from scratch. I'll be in a coma by noon.
Jym, I certainly hope you weren't eating Dan's pancakes. Didn't you see the "killer" description on the menu? Luckily, Blythe and Lynne are both nurses, so they can take care of you should you lapse into that coma. BTW, your mom's meal sounds great but I prefer my food made from produce, grains, meat and such, and not scratch. ;)

I'm doing some last minute sewing, packing and heading off north for a three day seminar for work, yuck. I hate sitting in meetings from 9am-9pm for 2 days and 5 hours on Wednesday. The only thing that would make it good is if I won the $1000 in the elimination draw instead of fleece like they usually give away.
I'm with you! I'd definitely prefer the $1000 to getting fleeced.

So what's everyone up to today? Mikki, are you beating anyone in tennis today, as you usually do?

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Ken, have you been smelling those chemical fumes during your house remodel or have you been taking spelling lessons from Pogo?

So what's everyone up to today? Mikki, are you beating anyone in tennis today, as you usually do?

Actually I think he was into the wine yesterday.!!!

Well, I'm just checking in before I head out. Everyone have a great week. Ladies, could you do me a big favor and keep Pogo and Alex in line, please?

dlpmikki
09-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Today we visited the inlaws in Harrogate. Do you know where that is? Tomorrow I go and beat more people at tennis :)

Actually I think he was into the wine yesterday.!!!

Well, I'm just checking in before I head out. Everyone have a great week. Ladies, could you do me a big favor and keep Pogo and Alex in line, please?

I accept that Pogo and Alex need keeping in line (Pogo much more than Alex) but they need to learn to do it themselves. There is a limit to how much manners can be enforced as opposed to lived.

Tink&Goofy
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM

apparently it's dudette

Yep, you definitely found the right thread!:D

Sounds like you'll have to worry about Jym too! :D

You'll have to officiate with me T&G .. 'cause I ain't playing. :humph:
:hi: I'll do the cooking....at least that way I'll know there's no gator or possum or anything.... T&G wanna help?

Not good at officating a game I don't play, but OK. As long as there is not too much exercise involved! :D (The old sports injuries to the knees are killers!)

I'm not much of a cook - unless its grilled. Remember, Pogo is a vegetarian, so he will only eat steak! Me? I'll have some Alaskan Salmon please.

Today is a "clean-up-the-house-in-time-for-the-inlaws" day. :blush:

How is everyone else spending their first Sunday of Fall?

drummerboy
09-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Okay, so "jest" may be on purpose, but look at the second word! Unless Ken is suddenly affected by a Segovian or Dominican accent and doing phonetic spelling, he needs to spend some time with Deb over in the reading/writing classroom. Ken, have you been smelling those chemical fumes during your house remodel or have you been taking spelling lessons from Pogo?

Oh come on, don't you know what a Quetion is? They're those funny little cousins of the leprechauns. that's why the're called "Jest" Quetions. They're the ones that throw the sneezing powder at you when you find the pot of gold. Mikki should know all about them. Or maybe that was a vision that came to me while I was up too late typing. I dunno...

Today we visited the inlaws in Harrogate. Do you know where that is?
Didn't Sherlock Holmes go to Harrogate on one of his adventures?

ElenitaB
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Today we visited the inlaws in Harrogate. Do you know where that is? Tomorrow I go and beat more people at tennis :)
Well, let's see. I know it's not in Scotland or Wales, and I think it's in North Yorkshire. I definitely know it's not in Dutchess County, NY, though. ;)

Have fun beating all those folks in tennis. :cheer: I think some people just don't realize that they're up against a worthy follower of the King. Do you know which king?

Natazu
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Jym, I certainly hope you weren't eating Dan's pancakes. Didn't you see the "killer" description on the menu?If you have to die from something; it might as well be pancakes.

BTW, your mom's meal sounds great but I prefer my food made from produce, grains, meat and such, and not scratch.produe isn't food, produce is what food eats ;)

You are right - no tube top whilst playing tennis. I don't want Pogo to be staring at me. It's not the staring so much, it's that he'd drive 1200 miles to do it.

Does anyone know if the "generic" Crocs at Payless are as good as the real ones?

disneydeb
09-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Yep, you definitely found the right thread!:D

Grandson is sick and I am caring for him. Little fellow has a fever. I suspect an ear infection.:ill:

Does anyone know if the "generic" Crocs at Payless are as good as the real ones?

If you are getting Crocs get the real McCoys.
Deb's advice of the day!:thumbsup:

Anyone have a question for me?

I seem to have only answers :D

ElenitaB
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
produe isn't food, produce is what food eats ;)

I should have known that would be the response from the person who thinks eating pistachio gelato is the way to getting in one's "5 a day." ;)

I'm with Deb... don't go generic! The real McCoy don't cost that much more and your feet/legs/back will thank you.

Grandson is sick and I am caring for him. Little fellow has a fever. I suspect an ear infection.:ill:

Yes, how is the little guy? (My DS started getting ear infections about his age :( ). Here's some antibiotic :pixie: and hopes for a quick recovery (poor little guy).

disneydeb
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
My little guy will be 5 mos. Sept. 30. He has a fever of 101.5. His mom will take him to the pediatrician tomorrow morning. Bless his heart, he keeps trying to play with his Aunt Amy and his grandpa. Thanks for the pixie dust.
So, do you still give them pedialyte instead of milk to cut down on mucus?

Dsnygirl
09-23-2007, 10:48 PM
:fall: Well, we had our pancakes, and everyone survived... ;) ... then we headed over to a local pumpkin patch and picked a ridiculous amount of pumpkins & gourds, found some white pumpkins and cornstalks and explained to our DD's why we couldn't buy the adorable baby bunnies that were "only $15, mommy!!" and then headed home to put everything out around the house. Amazing how a truck full of pumpkins suddenly seems like not so many when you start putting them everywhere!! Then Julia had a b'day party next door, so we took Emma off to the PlayPlace for hot fudge sundaes and a bunch of 6yr old style fun, to appease the inner green monster who left feeling :( b/c she could see her sister getting her face painted.... and we topped off the day w/ dinner & brownies while watching HSM (the original) with our DD's for their choice of a movie night. (First time we've really seen it, although the girls have it memorized... :blush:)

So - that was our day - now, I'm off to bed!! :fall:

How was everyone else's Sunday??

Beast_fanatic
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful last weekend of summer as we are. Temps are darn near perfect, sun is bright, sky is blue, and my daughter's high school (my alma mater) won their homecoming game last night. Go Panthers!

Congrats on the Panthers homecoming win!

We had a very nice last weekend of summer/beginning of autumn with perfect weather for our local hot air balloon festival (where I was the bulk of the weekend).

We'll work with you right after we teach the Dutchess how to play the right way !

Do you think she plays on the "wrong side" of the court or something?

Happy Birthday Jym! :party:

Tink&Goofy
09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Well the scale is kind of tipping towards the Meet! DH has no problem with it. (In fact after telling him some of the activities, he wants to go too!! - but can't). My original thought was to take DD12 - since she has 11th and 12th off school. It woud be an early birthday celebration for her, since her B-Day is 10/19. But I think DD15 (the disney addict) would be TOTALLY bent out of shape if we went without her. Forget the fact that she is going to Costa Rica next summer on an exchange. So now I am considering taking both. After all, all three of our B-Days are w/in 3 weeks of each other - so kind of an all girl celebration!

The only way to make it work would be a value resort. I have heard negative things about the bus situation from the "All-Star" resorts. Is this a big issue? Is it better at Pop?

I guess I'm down to crunch time, and need to decide. Anyone have any feedback on the values? Which one?

dlpmikki
09-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Well, let's see. I know it's not in Scotland or Wales, and I think it's in North Yorkshire. I definitely know it's not in Dutchess County, NY, though. ;)

Have fun beating all those folks in tennis. :cheer: I think some people just don't realize that they're up against a worthy follower of the King. Do you know which king?

North Yorkshire is right!

I saw something on TV that makes me think Elvis might be the King you are referring to. Is that right? Or is it one of the real kings who were good at playing tennis?

disneydeb
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Well the scale is kind of tipping towards the Meet! DH has no problem with it. (In fact after telling him some of the activities, he wants to go too!! - but can't). My original thought was to take DD12 - since she has 11th and 12th off school. It woud be an early birthday celebration for her, since her B-Day is 10/19. But I think DD15 (the disney addict) would be TOTALLY bent out of shape if we went without her. Forget the fact that she is going to Costa Rica next summer on an exchange. So now I am considering taking both. After all, all three of our B-Days are w/in 3 weeks of each other - so kind of an all girl celebration!

The only way to make it work would be a value resort. I have heard negative things about the bus situation from the "All-Star" resorts. Is this a big issue? Is it better at Pop?

I guess I'm down to crunch time, and need to decide. Anyone have any feedback on the values? Which one?

A bus stops at Pop for all the residents of Pop. All- Star busses stop first at Sports, then go to Music. So for me, if your staying at all-Stars, it is a plus to stay at Sports. Several of us from JQ are staying there. See Rhonda's list over in !0th Anniversary. We would love to have you too! What is stopping you now?:D

pogo
09-24-2007, 07:07 AM
It's not the staring so much, it's that he'd drive 1200 miles to do it.

:shake: I knew you'd fit in here with these other crazy people !

Yes.... I do....... how is your Grandson doing this morning ? Tell Grandpa to take him fishing when he is better. :D

We had a very nice last weekend of summer/beginning of autumn with perfect weather for our local hot air balloon festival (where I was the bulk of the weekend).
How many balloons were at your festival ? We've never been to one before and from what we've heard, Albuquerque's is one of the biggest in the country.

Do you think she plays on the "wrong side" of the court or something?
Not at all..... I think she has a lot of raw talent and we hope to make her even better so she stands a chance of beating Alex when they play. :D

I have heard negative things about the bus situation from the "All-Star" resorts. Is this a big issue? Is it better at Pop?

I am not a fan of Value Resorts but for this meet I'd sleep in a pup tent at the Pop if I could be there. Good luck.:D

I saw something on TV that makes me think Elvis might be the King you are referring to. Is that right? Or is it one of the real kings who were good at playing tennis?
Or is it Don King. Does your hair look like his ? :D

ElenitaB
09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
My feedback would be to call and find out what exactly is available. Glad to hear that you're planning on coming!

Or is it Don King. Does your hair look like his ? :D
:shake: Not even close! I'm talking about a follower of "a" King. Think King and "B.R." Think tennis... Do I need to give you all more hints?

Freshly brewed coffee is on the sideboard. :mcoffee:

Dsnygirl
09-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Freshly brewed coffee is on the sideboard. :mcoffee:
Perfect... how'd you know I'd need some??? :blush:

I've only got a quick minute this morning, but I wanted to zoop in quickly and say hi -- I hope everyone has a GREAT day today!!

When do my :tennis: lessons start, and did anyone find me those trainers??

Mickey'sGirl
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
You are a mere child! Did it take long?Sadly, yes it did. :blush:

I think I need to see the doctor.. Sister, do you think that'll work?....try screaming out in pain periodically too.... sound effects are great.

Ok, so when will you finish your training? :thedolls: A week from next Tuesday with any luck. What about you? Or have you started the decline back into diapers?

Today we visited the inlaws in Harrogate. Do you know where that is? Herrongate is about 3 miles north of my home. There is a little dinner theatre there.

Do they have Prevnar where you live? When Harry was a baby he had a multitude of ear infections, and several febrile seizures and eventually ear tubes -- it was horrible. When Euan was born, my doctor told me about a preventative series of shots I could get for him (They cost about $400 total) -- the Prevnar -- which was said to reduce the occurance of ear infections by over 98%. Needless to say, I purchased, and it worked. Euan had his first ever and ONLY ear infection last winter. You should ask about it!.

So, do you still give them pedialyte instead of milk to cut down on mucus?Yes.

A bus stops at Pop for all the residents of Pop. All- Star busses stop first at Sports, then go to Music. So for me, if your staying at all-Stars, it is a plus to stay at Sports. Several of us from JQ are staying there. See Rhonda's list over in !0th Anniversary. We would love to have you too! What is stopping you now?:DWe like Sports best....did not like Pop at all.

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Whew! You guys move fast! Anyone wanna give me a run down of the highlights that I've missed?

I did catch that we have a new newbie to the thread! HI :hi: Jym! And happy belated birthday!

In case anyone cares.. my church's chili cook off went quite well! The winning chili was AWESOME! Her secret ingredient - Cream of mushroom soup! It was great!

Anyone got any breakfast left that I can snag? My tummy is growling....

drummerboy
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
:shake: Not even close! I'm talking about a follower of "a" King. Think King and "B.R." Think tennis... Do I need to give you all more hints?
Ooooh, of course! You're referring to Bobby Riggs, the KING of tennis. :thedolls:

This week I'm glad it's Monday because I was terribly bored yesterday. Can't seem to find that middle ground between too much and not enough to do.

Evrybody having fine weather this morning?

ElenitaB
09-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Ooooh, of course! You're referring to Bobby Riggs, the KING of tennis.
:nono: :fit: :noway: :bang:
(Breathing deeply... ) No, I'm referring to Billie Jean KING, the slayer of Bobby Riggs. "In 1973 Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in three straight sets after he challenged her to a match where he boasted of his superior male attributes." (Click here (http://ok.essortment.com/billiejeanking_rvwa.htm) to read more.) The match was called the "Battle of the Sexes." Billie Jean described it years later: "It helped a lot of people realize that everyone can have skills whether you are a man or woman... as well as helping men and women understand each other."

Stepping off my :soapbox: now.

But you knew this, right, Ken? You were just trying to push my buttons, right?

Mickey'sGirl
09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
You know, I was just a really little kid when that happened -- and I CLEARLY remember the event....and I think I might even have understood the significance of it too.

We had a busy weekend -- We had a birthday party at my sister's home, then I was up through the night on Friday finishing Euan's Sorcerer Mickey robe -- then up at 8 to clean some of the house, get my hairs cut and then into work for a couple of hours while the boys hung out downtown, then out for dinner ... then up again on Sunday, went grocery shopping, then Harry had to skate for his team placement for :hockey:, then I had to get downtown again for another baby shower for my SiL (Lukas is now 2 months old and very very cute), then home to make dinner for my guys and do homework with Harry before finally calling it a night. I think that weekends should have an extra day for breathing..... Ken -- you were bored -- I could have used you man. Do you do windows?

pogo
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Not even close! I'm talking about a follower of "a" King. Think King and "B.R." Think tennis... Do I need to give you all more hints?
Are you losing your patience with Ken ?

When do my :tennis: lessons start, and did anyone find me those trainers??
You were supposed to pick them out yourself. Seeing you didn't, here is an old pair of mine.... size 7 right ? You will be learning with Mikki. I think Alex has volunteered to work with both of you. ;)

We like Sports best....did not like Pop at all. :hi: Cousin !

In case anyone cares.. my church's chili cook off went quite well! The winning chili was AWESOME! Her secret ingredient - Cream of mushroom soup! It was great!

Anyone got any breakfast left that I can snag? My tummy is growling....
You know you never gave me instructions on how to get to the cookoff so we just turned around and came back home. :( Why don't you eat the leftover chili ?

Ooooh, of course! You're referring to Bobby Riggs, the KING of tennis.
:haha: :funny:

(Breathing deeply... ) No, I'm referring to Billie Jean KING, the slayer of Bobby Riggs. "In 1973 Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in three straight sets after he challenged her to a match where he boasted of his superior male attributes." (Click here (http://ok.essortment.com/billiejeanking_rvwa.htm) to read more.) The match was called the "Battle of the Sexes." Billie Jean described it years later: "It helped a lot of people realize that everyone can have skills whether you are a man or woman... as well as helping men and women understand each other."
That was all staged by the US tennis Association. BJ King admitted it about ten years ago. :D

Ken -- you were bored -- I could have used you man.
Does Brian know about this ? :D

Jasper
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
:nono: :fit: :noway: :bang:

Stepping off my :soapbox: now.

Of course, you do know that Bobby Riggs let Billie Jean win because he didn't want to see a woman cry?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok men, do you have anyplace I can hide now that I have made this brilliant observation?

dlpmikki
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I was going to say welcome back Jasper, we could do with your common sense and politeness but you had to go ruin it with that post!

I play mixed doubles most Mondays. We have 3 sets and mix partners each time so we all play with each other. The people playing vary but one thing has always happened. Whenever the women play the men, the women ALWAYS win. Admittedly, whichever pair I am playing in usually wins but that's to be expected. :tennis:

If anyone would like some real tennis coaching while we are out there I would be happy to oblige. I'll even include Alex in that offer :D I think it may be too late for Pogo (even if he was coming). :thedolls:

I went shopping on the way home today. I picked up a pack of something to bring out to the meet because of something in these forums. Can you guess what I'm bringing? :thumbsup:

pogo
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Of course, you do know that Bobby Riggs let Billie Jean win because he didn't want to see a woman cry?

Ok men, do you have anyplace I can hide now that I have made this brilliant observation?
Why ? Do you think you need to hide ?

:soapbox: I am totally shocked that any man would make this kind of a statement in this day and age ! :jaw::bolt::hide2:

pogo
09-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I was going to say welcome back Jasper, we could do with your common sense and politeness but you had to go ruin it with that post! :blah:

I play mixed doubles most Mondays. We have 3 sets and mix partners each time so we all play with each other. The people playing vary but one thing has always happened. Whenever the women play the men, the women ALWAYS win. Admittedly, whichever pair I am playing in usually wins but that's to be expected. :tennis:Interesting information Dutchess ! We have a lot in common ! I drink mixed doubles most Mondays and most womem who try to keep up fail ! So what's your point ? :confused:

If anyone would like some real tennis coaching while we are out there I would be happy to oblige. I'll even include Alex in that offer :D I think it may be too late for Pogo (even if he was coming). :thedolls:Oh I wouldn't take that from her if I were you, Alex ! No Sir !
Why........ I'd give her something to think about ! :boxing:

I went shopping on the way home today. I picked up a pack of something to bring out to the meet because of something in these forums. Can you guess what I'm bringing? :thumbsup: Did you buy possum for Jym ? :D

Jasper
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Why ? Do you think you need to hide ?

:soapbox: I am totally shocked that any man would make this kind of a statement in this day and age ! :jaw::bolt::hide2:

Please don't beat me too hard, it really was just in jest!!!

Can I blame it on the bad news I got from the doctor last week?

I now definitely have to go under the knife again. Seems the disc that has been operated on several times in the past has now almost completely deteriorated and the two vertebrae on either side are now deteriorating as well!! As if all that wasn’t bad enough I also have bone spurs at that location as well.

According to the doctor the recovery from this surgery will be a minimum of 6 months!!! That means that my trip to Disney World in January is off as is my trip to Las Vegas for my wife’s costume store in March!! The part that I really hate is that we won free air fare and room at the show in Vegas! My wife is rubbing salt in my wounds because she plans to go ahead and take my 11 year old son and 22 year old daughter to WDW in January even without me.

pogo
09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Please don't beat me too hard, it really was just in jest!!!

Can I blame it on the bad news I got from the doctor last week?

I now definitely have to go under the knife again. Seems the disc that has been operated on several times in the past has now almost completely deteriorated and the two vertebrae on either side are now deteriorating as well!! As if all that wasn’t bad enough I also have bone spurs at that location as well.

According to the doctor the recovery from this surgery will be a minimum of 6 months!!! That means that my trip to Disney World in January is off as is my trip to Las Vegas for my wife’s costume store in March!! The part that I really hate is that we won free air fare and room at the show in Vegas! My wife is rubbing salt in my wounds because she plans to go ahead and take my 11 year old son and 22 year old daughter to WDW in January even without me.
Sorry to hear about cancelling your trip. :(

Did you think I was serious ? :faint:
I hope you know I was just pulling your leg for the girls sake ! Actually..... Alex made me say that..... yeah that's right..... it was allllll Alex's fault. :thumbsup:

Jasper
09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear about cancelling your trip. :(

Did you think I was serious ? :faint:
I hope you know I was just pulling your leg for the girls sake ! Actually..... Alex made me say that..... yeah that's right..... it was allllll Alex's fault. :thumbsup:

Yeah, there always has to be one trouble maker in the bunch doesn't there? Thanks for the sympathy, I have been SOOO looking forward to heading down in January that I am really having a hard time accepting that I won't be going!

drummerboy
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Mission accomplished. :thumbsup::D Ask DW; I'm a good button-pusher.

Ken -- you were bored -- I could have used you man. Do you do windows?
As a matter of fact, I'm doing Windows right now. Never was a Mac fan. :thedolls:

Quick--hide right over here behind Mikki.

I went shopping on the way home today. I picked up a pack of something to bring out to the meet because of something in these forums. Can you guess what I'm bringing?
Pink tennis balls?

At least out loud in mixed company. :thedolls:

drummerboy
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Jasper, sorry to hear about your back acting up again. We just need to get you a new bionic back and have it done with.

Anybody going with me to play music tonight?

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
You know you never gave me instructions on how to get to the cookoff so we just turned around and came back home. Why don't you eat the leftover chili ?

I emailed the directions to you...hmmm.. maybe they went to that other Pogo...;) I had no left over chili... since I was the one that arranged the whole event I did not make any to enter so I was not 'lucky' enough to have leftovers... and it's just too hot to eat chili right now... still in the 90s around these parts!

So sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery and having to miss your trip. Can't belive your family would do that while you are recovering... I think you need to take a quick trip to Disney before your surgery - all by yourself!

Anybody going with me to play music tonight?

I'll go... what radio station do you want me to turn to? :D

Mickey'sGirl
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
:hi: Jasper! I am so sorry that you have to go under the knife -- but let's hope this is it once and for all. :thumbsup:

Di -- can I have some left over chili? I want to make a burrito casserole, and the left over chili would save me a step in the process. I am in the process of making a yogurt/lemon loaf as we speak (I had to leave work early to pick Harry with the sick tummy up from school) ... I have to make another loaf -- anyone have 9 eggs I can borrow? I only have one left now. I'll share!

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Di -- can I have some left over chili? I want to make a burrito casserole, and the left over chili would save me a step in the process. I am in the process of making a yogurt/lemon loaf as we speak (I had to leave work early to pick Harry with the sick tummy up from school) ... I have to make another loaf -- anyone have 9 eggs I can borrow? I only have one left now. I'll share!

I'll call around and see who still has some chili left.. I know we had some Cracker Barrel Corn muffins left over...I wish I had some eggs to loan you.. but I don't buy them that often...If you want to buy a case of 15 dozen though I can get you some from my work place...

Hope Harry feels better quick. Do you need some chicken noodle soup for him?

disneydeb
09-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes.... I do....... how is your Grandson doing this morning ? Tell Grandpa to take him fishing when he is better. :D

Grandson is doing a bit better with the fever, but I think his ear is hurting him more. His mom could not get into the Dr. today but has an appointment for him tomorrow. His grandpa will take him fishing when he knows how to swim and drive a boat.:D I worry too much.

We had a busy weekend -- We had a birthday party at my sister's home, then I was up through the night on Friday finishing Euan's Sorcerer Mickey robe -- then up at 8 to clean some of the house, get my hairs cut and then into work for a couple of hours while the boys hung out downtown, then out for dinner ... then up again on Sunday, went grocery shopping, then Harry had to skate for his team placement for :hockey:, then I had to get downtown again for another baby shower for my SiL (Lukas is now 2 months old and very very cute), then home to make dinner for my guys and do homework with Harry before finally calling it a night. I think that weekends should have an extra day for breathing..... Ken -- you were bored -- I could have used you man. Do you do windows?

I can't wait to see Sorcerer Mickey! If you find a man to do window, send him my way too.

Did you buy possum for Jym ? :D
You don't ever have to buy possum! Jest keep a shovel in your car. Only get the roadkill you've whacked to be sure it is fresh. None of that leftover stuff that may have been sitting thar for a couple of days! :D

Pink tennis balls?

You too?

Jasper, good luck with the next surgery. Here's some pixie dust for a speedy recovery.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

ElenitaB
09-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Jasper, sorry you have to go under the knife again. I'll forgive YOU (but no one else) for your comments... it must have been the pain clouding your mind.

I do agree, I think you need to go get a dose of pixie dust from WDW before your surgery.

I went shopping on the way home today. I picked up a pack of something to bring out to the meet because of something in these forums. Can you guess what I'm bringing? :thumbsup:
Bicuits? Clotted cream? A Doctor Who costume? :D

Okay, Knock knock...

Tink&Goofy
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Okay, Knock knock...

Who's there?:D

pogo
09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
anyone have 9 eggs I can borrow? I only have one left now. I'll share! I have three.... do you still need them ? :D

Grandson is doing a bit better with the fever, but I think his ear is hurting him more. His mom could not get into the Dr. today but has an appointment for him tomorrow. His grandpa will take him fishing when he knows how to swim and drive a boat.:D I worry too much.
You mean your hubby doesn't know how to swim and drive his boat ?
I hope he wears his PFD. :(

You don't ever have to buy possum! Jest keep a shovel in your car. Only get the roadkill you've whacked to be sure it is fresh. None of that leftover stuff that may have been sitting thar for a couple of days!
Here that Jym..... Lil Sister know's her road kill ! :D

I'll forgive YOU (but no one else) for your comments...
:hi: What about me ?????

Who's there?:D :huh:

marlyn
09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Just zooping in to say goodbye! I am off to California in the morning! Can you say shopping?? Have a great week.

ElenitaB
09-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Jest

:archer:

Just zooping in to say goodbye! I am off to California in the morning! Can you say shopping?? Have a great week.
I can say shopping all day long! :spend: It's saying "pay the bills" that's the trouble! :faint:

Any new shows start tonight? :tv:

Tink&Goofy
09-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Okay, Knock knock...

Jest

Jest Who?:D

disneydeb
09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I have three.... do you still need them ? :D

You mean your hubby doesn't know how to swim and drive his boat ?
I hope he wears his PFD. :(

Here that Jym..... Lil Sister know's her road kill ! :D

:huh:

Hear that Jym... and about homophones.:D

Hubby can do everything, DGS will have to learn before I let them out together fishing .:)

Shoppimg! There I said it... Do I get to go too?:D Please, oh please, oh pretty please!

drummerboy
09-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, I've got one more thing to add to the :old: list. I've been getting a fuzzy spot in my right eye with or withour glasses, so I went to the Eye Dr. today. Blast if I ain't got cataracts. She says they'll be about ripe for picking come time for my next regular eye exam (Feb.). Sooooo. Looks like some eye surgery in mid-winter.

One the up-side, they can make the new lens the same as my glasses prescription, so my glasses will only need one prescription side from then on. On the down side--kind of scary to have someone cutting on your eye, especially when you read and write for a living.

Anybody else ready to take on old age? Come on, ye chickens.

I got the new script printed out and handed over to DD1 today, so she can have it for auditions. Wait 'til the actors find out we'll be editing on the fly. Also, I've got lyrics for several songs that the music guy hasn't even seen yet.

My goodness, I've been chatty tonight. Sorry. :blush:

disneydeb
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, I've got one more thing to add to the :old: list. I've been getting a fuzzy spot in my right eye with or withour glasses, so I went to the Eye Dr. today. Blast if I ain't got cataracts. She says they'll be about ripe for picking come time for my next regular eye exam (Feb.). Sooooo. Looks like some eye surgery in mid-winter.

One the up-side, they can make the new lens the same as my glasses prescription, so my glasses will only need one prescription side from then on. On the down side--kind of scary to have someone cutting on your eye, especially when you read and write for a living.

I got the new script printed out and handed over to DD1 today, so she can have it for auditions. Wait 'til the actors find out we'll be editing on the fly. Also, I've got lyrics for several songs that the music guy hasn't even seen yet.

My goodness, I've been chatty tonight. Sorry. :blush:

Good luck with the eye surgery. I can see us at the 25th anniversary with our walkers and scooters....of course I made need one this year, but that is another story....:blush:
Good night all...
What time is Your alarm set?

Tink&Goofy
09-24-2007, 11:11 PM
What time is Your alarm set?

Mines set for 5:00 am (course thats 8:00 to you easterners).

So whats the good news? It looks like I may make it to the WDW meet! :joy: I have air reservations on hold, and have tentative ressies. Still some loose ends before I am willing to finalize! This will be a girls only celebration with me and DD15 and DD12. :trio:Hopefully it all comes together!

Obviously haven't had any time to plan anything for while we are there, so I guess I'll let I-COT do the planning - and just follow along?? :woohoo:

Beast_fanatic
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
How many balloons were at your festival ? We've never been to one before and from what we've heard, Albuquerque's is one of the biggest in the country.

Our festival had 65-70 balloons. Albuquerque has 750+. It's quite amazing. You do need to be prepared for some kind of crazy weather though. One year when we went it was in the 40's early in the am, but reached about 80 during the heat of the day. Another year, it was 60's to 80's. Here's some pics of our festival (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560826701zmWvyq). And, some from Albuquerque in 2001 (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/23752753XrnrfXoHuz).

A pack of something, huh? Playing cards, gum, cigarettes, wolves?

Sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery, Jasper. Do you have a surgery date yet? How about slipping down to WDW in a couple of weeks for the big meet? That sounds like some great therapy to me. ;)

You're making a burrito casserole with chili when your kiddo has a sick tummy? That sounds kind of mean to me. ;)

And, yes, I have 9 eggs that you can borrow. I just bought a dozen recently and haven't used any of them yet.

So whats the good news? It looks like I may make it to the WDW meet! :joy: I have air reservations on hold, and have tentative ressies. Still some loose ends before I am willing to finalize! This will be a girls only celebration with me and DD15 and DD12. :trio:Hopefully it all comes together!

Obviously haven't had any time to plan anything for while we are there, so I guess I'll let I-COT do the planning - and just follow along?? :woohoo:

Cool! :cool:

Natazu
09-25-2007, 04:37 AM
When do my :tennis: lessons start, and did anyone find me those trainers??Rachel went to the Pigeon Forge shoe outlets today and spent a car payment or two but somehow forgot the trainers. Can I have a couple of more days?

Anyone got any breakfast left that I can snag? My tummy is growling....I have some WalMart deli pizza (HALO 3 release party). It makes a pretty good breakfast.

Did you buy possum for Jym ? :D :shake:

Anybody else ready to take on old age? I'm getting there. I figure as long as Pogo is still alive, I have to have some time left.

And, yes, I have 9 eggs that you can borrow. I just bought a dozen recently and haven't used any of them yet.She needs 9 eggs Canadian, that's only 8.96 US, about three Texas eggs.

I can imagine. I'm sure everything will be ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am in the process of making a yogurt/lemon loaf as we speak (I had to leave work early to pick Harry with the sick tummy up from school) Aww. Hope he's feeling better. :pixie: I'm, uh, sure the burritos will help.

disneydeb
09-25-2007, 06:54 AM

Now that is the best news I'ver heard all day!
Of course it is only 5:46 AM.
My alarm goes off at 5 too. Of course that is 8:00 to you, isn't it? :D

pogo
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
:archer:
Has anyone told you, you can have a mean streak ? :(

Blast if I ain't got cataracts.
You've got Cataracs ????? And I only drive a Hyundia. :D

Old age is a state of mind. And I don't live in that state.... I live in New York State. :D

I can see us at the 25th anniversary with our walkers and scooters.I'm not missing that one.

So whats the good news? It looks like I may make it to the WDW meet!
I'm so happy for you T&G..... and a little jealous. :mickey:

Our festival had 65-70 balloons. Albuquerque has 750+. It's quite amazing. You do need to be prepared for some kind of crazy weather though. One year when we went it was in the 40's early in the am, but reached about 80 during the heat of the day. Another year, it was 60's to 80's. Here's some pics of our festival (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560826701zmWvyq). And, some from Albuquerque in 2001 (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/23752753XrnrfXoHuz).
Thanks Rhonda... we are getting excited about our trip. And we do know what you mean about the weather. Patti will have three outfits packed for each day and I'll have one for each. :D

Rachel went to the Pigeon Forge shoe outlets today and spent a car payment or two but somehow forgot the trainers. Can I have a couple of more days? Did she see Dolly whilst she was there ? :confused:

I'm getting there. I figure as long as Pogo is still alive, I have to have some time left.You're fitting in all too well, my friend. :D

drummerboy
09-25-2007, 08:23 AM
You've got Cataracs ????? And I only drive a Hyundia. :D
I told DW not to be jealous that she only has a Dodge. :thumbsup:

How's everybody's day-before-the-middle-of-the-week day going?

Mickey'sGirl
09-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Blast if I ain't got cataracts. Sorry to hear this Ken, but I'm glad they can deal with it so quickly. :pixie:

So whats the good news? It looks like I may make it to the WDW meet!Mine is for 5:20. What great news T&G. My guys will be there too (aged 9 and 3).

You're making a burrito casserole with chili when your kiddo has a sick tummy? That sounds kind of mean to me. Not for last night silly! I love burritos :tasty: . Thanks for the eggs -- I made a lemon pound cake. You know why it is called a pound cake? There is a whole pound of butter in it (and 10 eggs to boot) -- so it is entirely fat free!

She needs 9 eggs Canadian, that's only 8.96 US, about three Texas eggs.:funny:

How's everybody's day-before-the-middle-of-the-week day going?Steady so far! Kid is back at school and I am back downtown....

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
You were supposed to pick them out yourself. Seeing you didn't, here is an old pair of mine.... size 7 right ? You will be learning with Mikki. I think Alex has volunteered to work with both of you.

:stop: :scared:

I went shopping on the way home today. I picked up a pack of something to bring out to the meet because of something in these forums. Can you guess what I'm bringing?
Aero bars?? Clotted cream?? Scones?? Please not just tennis balls... :(

I am so sorry to hear that you'll be needing surgery again, and that it messes up your trip plans... that is just SO unfair!! Talk about adding insult to injury!! :( Sending lots of :pixie: your way that you'll do just fine, and that this will be the end of it!! (And you'll just have to plan a longer trip next time!! :thumbsup:)

Lynne, have a GREAT time!! I'm jealous!!

Well, I've got one more thing to add to the old age list. I've been getting a fuzzy spot in my right eye with or withour glasses, so I went to the Eye Dr. today. Blast if I ain't got cataracts. She says they'll be about ripe for picking come time for my next regular eye exam (Feb.). Sooooo. Looks like some eye surgery in mid-winter.

Sorry to hear that, Ken -- I'm not looking forward to joining the ranks as things start falling apart!! (Can you use the "blind" (fuzzy) spot to your advantage until then?? i.e. "Gee, honey, I just didn't see that it needed cleaning/vacumming/pressing/dusting.... :D)

So whats the good news? It looks like I may make it to the WDW meet! I have air reservations on hold, and have tentative ressies. Still some loose ends before I am willing to finalize! This will be a girls only celebration with me and DD15 and DD12. Hopefully it all comes together!

That's great!! Looking forward to meeting you!! :cheers:

Awesome pictures, Rhonda!! I can't even imagine how beautiful it was in person....

How's everyone's morning going? Mine's a little bit of a slow start... anybody got the espresso going??

Christine
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Good morning. Just a quick zoop in to see how everyone is.

Jasper, sorry about your back surgery and that it will cancel your trip! That stinks!

Ken, sorry about your cataracts. Don't fear about the surgery. DH has had so many eye surgeries and says it's a piece of cake...okay, for you, a cookie!

Mikki, you don't have to bring us treats, but if you WANT to, will you bring me a newspaper? I don't know why, but I would really love a genuine English paper!

What can I bring for you? Remember, I live in the sticks, so pickins are slim. Unless you want a stick! :D

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Morning all! Who has the cappachinos? It might be getting up to 92 degrees today outside, but there's icicles hanging off my cubicle...

Ken, sorry that old age is getting the best of you. I know LOTS of people who have had cataract surgery (yep, I hang out with a lot of old geezers! Makes me feel so much younger! :D) and they have all come thru great so you will be fine!

Lynne - have a safe flight and a fun time in California!

Hey Jym.. some how I missed that you lived around Pigeon Forge... how often do you get into Gatlinburg? Would you ship me some Peach Crepes from the Pancake Pantry?

Jenn - glad that Harry is doing better! I bet those burritos are what helped his tummy....

HOpe everyone has a great day today!

dlpmikki
09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
:
Aero bars?? Clotted cream?? Scones?? Please not just tennis balls... :(

??
Not tennis balls but something else from your list..... :D

Jasper, sorry about your back surgery and that it will cancel your trip! That stinks!

Mikki, you don't have to bring us treats, but if you WANT to, will you bring me a newspaper? I don't know why, but I would really love a genuine English paper!

Jasper - ditto the above. So sorry you have to go thru the knife again - hope they can do a more permament fix this time.

Christine - a genuine english newspaper? Are you sure? Are you talking The Times, The Sun, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail? What sort of sleazy paper do you want? (No promises!:thedolls:)

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Not tennis balls but something else from your list..... :D

Christine - a genuine english newspaper? Are you sure? Are you talking The Times, The Sun, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail? What sort of sleazy paper do you want? (No promises!:thedolls:)

Are you bringing the Aero Bars?

As long as you are bringing us all stuff that is genuine "English" - would you please bring me Prince William? :D He's such a cutie! He'd look really good sitting on a shelf in my bedroom! :D

Mickey'sGirl
09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Not tennis balls but something else from your list..... :DI think you meant to say "Orange Club Bars for Jennifer". That's what I think. :blush:

I was having a great day, but now I'm all ticked off. I volunteered to be part of an Autism organization -- and you know I really do not have any free time to do so, but the cause is important to our family -- and I thought -- I'll see what I can do. Well -- the president is such a controlling so and so -- and aside from preaching at me about how I could be doing so much more for my boys so that they can reach their potential :blah: :blah: -- she is hijacking the committee head's committee -- and the work he has asked for -- and the 12 hours or so I have put in over the past 2 weeks --- You would think that she would understand that we are Volunteers -- and you really don't want to tick off volunteers like me.... :rant: I feel a bit better now --- but I am really ticked!!!
Is there rum in that there cappucino????? :D

Christine
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Oh I don't care...I guess whatever is considered the bigger "royal watcher" :D. Shoot, I'd just like to see the advertisements and such...I am so taken by all things British! (and definitely don't worry about really doing this ...it's just one of those, "if you think of it, if they're not too much, if you have room, if you're in the mood" kind of things! :) )

Is it a bad thing that I went back to bed after seeing DH and DD off to work and school and JUST woke up? :secret: :blush:

Christine
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry! Forgot to say something to Jenn...

I totally understand how mad you are with this volunteer thing. Unfortunately when I was in a local mothers league, we had the same things happen. Honestly, how can one get so power- trippy in a volunteer charitable organization???

I hope you are able to keep working for the greater good and find a way to get around this person who clearly believes this is about THEM and apparently needs the spotlight! :shake:

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I was having a great day, but now I'm all ticked off. I volunteered to be part of an Autism organization -- and you know I really do not have any free time to do so, but the cause is important to our family -- and I thought -- I'll see what I can do. Well -- the president is such a controlling so and so -- and aside from preaching at me about how I could be doing so much more for my boys so that they can reach their potential :blah: :blah: -- she is hijacking the committee head's committee -- and the work he has asked for -- and the 12 hours or so I have put in over the past 2 weeks --- You would think that she would understand that we are Volunteers -- and you really don't want to tick off volunteers like me.... :rant: I feel a bit better now --- but I am really ticked!!!
Is there rum in that there cappucino????? :D

Wow, sorry you are dealing with this person. As a volunteer you shouldn't be treated that way or have to deal with that type of stuff. Hope things work out for you! I have some Run Extract we could put in the cappucinos... I don't think we ever got the rum back from the monkey - did we?

Is it a bad thing that I went back to bed after seeing DH and DD off to work and school and JUST woke up? :secret: :blush:

Nope, not bad at all! I would've done the same thing! How's your job search going? (hmmmm... sleeping the day away should give me an answer :D)

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Not tennis balls but something else from your list...

Mikki, it could be any one of those things and I'd be in heaven.... :cloud9:

As long as you are bringing us all stuff that is genuine "English" - would you please bring me Prince William? He's such a cutie! He'd look really good sitting on a shelf in my bedroom! :D
Diane, I totally agree -- if she catches him, can I come visit??

I was having a great day, but now I'm all ticked off. I volunteered to be part of an Autism organization -- and you know I really do not have any free time to do so, but the cause is important to our family -- and I thought -- I'll see what I can do. Well -- the president is such a controlling so and so -- and aside from preaching at me about how I could be doing so much more for my boys so that they can reach their potential :blah: -- she is hijacking the committee head's committee -- and the work he has asked for -- and the 12 hours or so I have put in over the past 2 weeks --- You would think that she would understand that we are Volunteers -- and you really don't want to tick off volunteers like me.... I feel a bit better now --- but I am really ticked!!!
Is there rum in that there cappucino?????
Jenn, that's lousy.... I don't know a lot about the interventional therapies you do with your boys, or about autism itself really, but I DO know from your posts that you and Brian do SO much for them -- and they seem to be doing so well b/c of it all -- what nerve she has to spend her time telling you what you could be doing instead of supporting what you are doing!! :mad: I'm so sorry you have to deal w/ someone like her... she's the reason people hate volunteering for certain things!! Don't let her get you down - you just keep on doing your thing, girlfriend!! It's obviously working!! Sending rum for your cappucino with the monkey... :thumbsup: Okay, stepping down off my :soapbox: now...

I am so taken by all things British!
Christine, you and I are more & more alike the longer I get to know you... I've been a fan of Britain and everything about it since I was a kid!! I watched every BBC show I could... Dr. Who, All Creatures Great & Small, you name it... I love British food and cook from a British cookbook quite a lot... and the funny thing? I seem drawn to things that are made in England, w/o knowing they are when I first spot them!! It happens ALL the time!! :blush: I am English by blood, but my parents aren't, as I'm adopted, so it's not like I was raised surrounded by it, either. It's always made my mom laugh... weird, huh??

Anyway - sorry for the long post - how is everyone's afternoon? I just got back from getting my hair done, and I'm still not sure what I think. :confused: It's not all that different, but still.... not sure. Oh well....

What's up tonight for everyone?? Will anyone be around later? (Yes, I'm working...)

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Diane, I totally agree -- if she catches him, can I come visit??

What's up tonight for everyone?? Will anyone be around later? (Yes, I'm working...)

Sure you can come visit! But you can only look! No touchey! :D

Will go home, make dinner, clean the kitchen, then cozy up on the couch and watch Biggest Loser...

Hope you have a good evening at work. Do you need us to put a fresh pot of cappachino on for you?

Christine
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
How's your job search going? (hmmmm... sleeping the day away should give me an answer :D)

I started working one day a week at church (pretty much the same amt. of hours and same pay I had), but haven't been looking for more than that since we've been SOOO busy with the move next week, Olivia's school carnival next weekend(I'm room mother and I am responsible for our classroom game booth), John's H.S. reunion and his company picnic this weekend, soccer games every weekend and now we're signed up for travel tournaments through November, Olivia's birthday party coming up, WDW coming up, my parents coming to visit for a week...etc, etc, etc...

So one day a week suits me just fine for now! :D

Christine, you and I are more & more alike the longer I get to know you... I've been a fan of Britain and everything about it since I was a kid!! I watched every BBC show I could... Dr. Who, All Creatures Great & Small, you name it... I love British food and cook from a British cookbook quite a lot... and the funny thing? I seem drawn to things that are made in England, w/o knowing they are when I first spot them!! It happens ALL the time!! :blush: I am English by blood, but my parents aren't, as I'm adopted, so it's not like I was raised surrounded by it, either. It's always made my mom laugh... weird, huh??

That really is funny! We don't get BBC America, but our PBS station plays some BBC shows on Saturdays. I like Coupling...it's really funny! I also love movies like "Howard's End" "Remains of the Day" etc.

I think my love of British things stems from (besides the fascination of the royals) English and history classes in school. I love how well England preserves it's landmarks. I love how their tradition has stood steadfast for so long, even alongside the modern counter-culture. And I could listen to just about any Brit speak for days! (warm up your vocal chords, Mikki!)

And Blythe, not only do you and I have a lot in common, you also have something in common with my DD...she's adopted too!
:cloud9: Isn't that cool??

pogo
09-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I have some Run Extract we could put in the cappucinosAw OH..... would that give her the........? oh never mind. :D

Christine, you and I are more & more alike the longer I get to know you...
You're scaring me Neighbor..... one Christine is enough ! :D

Will go home, make dinner, clean the kitchen, then cozy up on the couch and watch Biggest Loser...
You're gonna watch Alex ? :confused:

And I could listen to just about any Brit speak for days! (warm up your vocal chords, Mikki!)

Me too Christine. I used to love to watch Benny Hill ! :D

ElenitaB
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Jest Who?:D
Jest me and my shadow! :whistle: (Don't blame me... it's a joke from ToonTown.)'

Hey, Ken... sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. They've made sooooo many advances in this procedure. I'm sure you'll do just fine. In fact, I'd be willing to bet cookies on it. Have you thought at all about having the vision corrected in your other eye? You could get rid of the spectacles for good. Just a thought.

Rhonda, awesome pics!

Christine, did you say the move is next week? :eek:

Crazy day today... lots of changes to our travel plans (note the change in my signature).

I'll be out and about all day tomorrow around the white coats. See y'all tomorrow night!

Christine
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Christine, did you say the move is next week? :eek:

Crazy day today... lots of changes to our travel plans (note the change in my signature).

I'll be out and about all day tomorrow around the white coats. See y'all tomorrow night!

Yep, one week from today I will be unpacking in my new house! I'll get pics tomorrow of the finished result!

So what gives with the travel change? Do tell!!

Good luck tomorrow...remember, if the people with white coats have a net...RUN! :bolt:

Tink&Goofy
09-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I volunteered to be part of an Autism organization -- and you know I really do not have any free time to do so, but the cause is important to our family -- and I thought -- I'll see what I can do. Well -- the president is such a controlling so and so -- and aside from preaching at me about how I could be doing so much more for my boys so that they can reach their potential :blah: :blah: -- she is hijacking the committee head's committee -- and the work he has asked for -- and the 12 hours or so I have put in over the past 2 weeks --- You would think that she would understand that we are Volunteers -- and you really don't want to tick off volunteers like me....

I can totally relate to this!! I am almost afraid to volunteer for anything anymore!! Its not that I don't want to help out, but my time is SOOO limited - and it seems they always lay this guilt trip about all that needs to be done :blah::blah::blah:. Of course, I'm the sucker that says OK, even if I don't have time! I really do love to help - but an ocassional Thank You would go a long way!! DH always tells me I need to learn to say "No, sorry".

Well DH is shuffling off to Buffalo before dawn tomorrow! Hey Pogo - what was the name of the Reisling from that are that you were bragging about?

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Hope you have a good evening at work. Do you need us to put a fresh pot of cappachino on for you?
Yes, please... :)

And I could listen to just about any Brit speak for days! (warm up your vocal chords, Mikki!)

And Blythe, not only do you and I have a lot in common, you also have something in common with my DD...she's adopted too!
:cloud9: Isn't that cool??
That is REALLY cool!! How old was she when you adopted her? I was 3 mos. old... I came home the day before Valentine's Day!

I dated a guy from England, back when I was a young thing... listening to him talk was heaven!! :cloud9: We phoned a bit after he went back to England, and my girlfriends would just stand around the phone to listen!! :D

So - where is everyone?? Anyone around??

Tink&Goofy
09-25-2007, 10:54 PM

:hi: I'm here! Just trying to finalize a few things for the Anniversary Meet. Still can't believe its all coming together so far. I knew I couldn't pass it up when I got airfare for all 3 of us from Oregon for less than $575!!

I'm going to work at home tomorrow, which is a nice change. Kind of nice to work in my shorts and flip flops (or maybe sweats and slippers :freeze:) Can you get the coffee started in the morning?

pogo
09-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey Pogo - what was the name of the Reisling from that are that you were bragging about?
Why do you want to know ? Is your DH going to pick some up whilst he is here ?:confused:

There were three different ones, all from NY State. Dr. Franks, Glenora, and Heron Hill. :D

:hi: I'm here for a minute or two. :D

I'm going to work at home tomorrow, which is a nice change. Kind of nice to work in my shorts and flip flops (or maybe sweats and slippers :freeze:) Can you get the coffee started in the morning?
Coffee will be ready by 6:00 AM, EST.

I might work from home tomorrow too. No appointments lined up.:(

I might have to go see my Doc. in the morning. I had a little accident and I might have a broken toe. It is swollen and very sore so I might have to use my Aflac policy. Oh well, I'll survive. :D

Beast_fanatic
09-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures. The ones of Albuquerque don't do it justice - it's one of those things you've got to experience to believe. So, pogo even though you'll miss out on the INTERCOT gathering, I'm sure you'll have a great time! :thumbsup: Are you going to take a hot air balloon ride by any chance?

Natazu
09-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey Jym.. some how I missed that you lived around Pigeon Forge... how often do you get into Gatlinburg? Would you ship me some Peach Crepes from the Pancake Pantry?
I get up the mountain once a month or so. I can stop in the Pancake Pantry but I think they'll be cold when they get there. How about some crepe mix and canned peaches?

Is there rum in that there cappucino????? :D It has always baffled me how people treat volunteers, from local shelters to national politcal campaigns, there's no reason to treat people like slaves just 'cause they're willing to work for free.

What's up tonight for everyone?? Will anyone be around later? Halo 3 release today. I'm checking posts between games. I have a couple of minutes 'cause I've played 'til my headset battery died. I gotta get a life.

Yep, one week from today I will be unpacking in my new house! I'll get pics tomorrow of the finished result!
Congratulations - can't wait to see the pics.

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Halo 3 release today. I'm checking posts between games. I have a couple of minutes 'cause I've played 'til my headset battery died. I gotta get a life.

:haha: Boys and there toys :shake:
Jym, I love your signature quote! :D

Can you start the coffee in the morning?

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 01:37 AM
:hi: I'm here! Just trying to finalize a few things for the Anniversary Meet. Still can't believe its all coming together so far. I knew I couldn't pass it up when I got airfare for all 3 of us from Oregon for less than $575!!

Can you get the coffee started in the morning?
!!! $575 !!! That's amazing... we're paying $530 for the two of us from NY! Lucky you! Glad it's all coming together.... when it's meant to be, it's meant to be!! :thumbsup:

Coffee will be on & waiting for you... :D

I might have to go see my Doc. in the morning. I had a little accident and I might have a broken toe. It is swollen and very sore so I might have to use my Aflac policy. Oh well, I'll survive.
Sorry to hear about your toe -- what'd you do? Guess it must be time for you to feed the duck... :blush: I hope your toe feels better soon!!

Halo 3 release today. I'm checking posts between games. I have a couple of minutes 'cause I've played 'til my headset battery died. I gotta get a life.

I hate to sound completely out-of-touch, but what is Halo 3?? I've seen it advertised all over the place, but have no idea what it is. And now that it's sucking our newest member away from us, I wanna know!!! ;)

Are you winning, at least??

disneydeb
09-26-2007, 06:49 AM
we are Volunteers -- and you really don't want to tick off volunteers like me.... :rant: but I am really ticked!!!

I agree Volunteers should never be treated that way! Go Vols! Glad to see you are a fan! Should we sing Rocky Top? :D

Coffee is here! Does this mean you are staying at All-Star Sports like so many of us!?

I might work from home tomorrow too. No appointments lined up.:(

I might have to go see my Doc. in the morning. I had a little accident and I might have a broken toe. It is swollen and very sore so I might have to use my Aflac policy. Oh well, I'll survive. :D
Sorry about our toe.:(
Why did you try to kick the duck?:thedolls:

pogo
09-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures. The ones of Albuquerque don't do it justice - it's one of those things you've got to experience to believe. So, pogo even though you'll miss out on the INTERCOT gathering, I'm sure you'll have a great time! :thumbsup: Are you going to take a hot air balloon ride by any chance?
Thanks Rhonda. I'm sure we will have a great time. Our reason for going is to visit Patti's son and have her be there on her birthday. It just happens to be during Balloon Fiesta. :D

We have another Intercotee there that we are meeting with that just returned from WDW. Her name is Sarah and goes by MMouse6937. She has just posted some trip reports and dining reviews. Check them out. Diane has already found her and is tormenting me on her trip reports. :shake: We are thinking about taking a ride. Did you go up in one ?

Jym, I love your signature quote!
Wait till you meet him and Rachel at the meet. Rachel is so sweeet..... and Jym is.... well.... he is Jym. And a good friend !

!!! $575 !!! That's amazing... we're paying $530 for the two of us from NY! Lucky you! You are paying $530 for this trip ? :faint: Blythe, you could have flown from Rochester for about $400 or less. We've never paid more than that. You PM the next time you are looking for air fare and I'll help you. In fact out trip to Albuquerque is only costing us $474 R/T. We checked out flying in Decmeber to WDW and found a R/T on Airtran, non stop, for $238 for both of us.

Sorry to hear about your toe -- what'd you do? Guess it must be time for you to feed the duck... :blush: I hope your toe feels better soon!!I slipped on the steps going into my office whilst carrying a box of supplies.
I guess I should have had somebody else do that. But instead of feeding the duck.... he is going to feed me ! :D

Sorry about our toe.:(
Why did you try to kick the duck?
Nope.... see above. :D

alpro2
09-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Just souping in to say hi. Been on the road this week. Haven't had time to catch up (although I did see that "biggest loser" crack, Tommy Boy). I will be zooping in and out of Toronto eh today eh. Leaving this afternoon, returning tomorrow afternoon eh.

Have a good day (yes, you too Pogo). I am almost tempted not leave a question. :thedolls: Will Rhonda yell at me?

dlpmikki
09-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Are you bringing the Aero Bars?

Would that be a good idea? :D

I think you meant to say "Orange Club Bars for Jennifer". That's what I think. :blush:

I went shopping again today and what did I buy this time? :D

Oh I don't care...I guess whatever is considered the bigger "royal watcher" :D. Shoot, I'd just like to see the advertisements and such...I am so taken by all things British! (and definitely don't worry about really doing this ...it's just one of those, "if you think of it, if they're not too much, if you have room, if you're in the mood" kind of things! :) )

I have a 15 year old copy of hello magazine all about Di and Charles. Would you like that? Virgin often give a free paper on the flight. I'll be sure to say yes if they offer me one and then keep it for you ;)

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
G'morning all... I'm about to head off to zzzzz land, but wanted to wish you all a good day first. :)

You are paying $530 for this trip ? :faint: Blythe, you could have flown from Rochester for about $400 or less. We've never paid more than that. You PM the next time you are looking for air fare and I'll help you. In fact out trip to Albuquerque is only costing us $474 R/T. We checked out flying in Decmeber to WDW and found a R/T on Airtran, non stop, for $238 for both of us.

As much as we'd like the $$ savings from Rochester, we like to fly out at 6am, so the drive just wouldn't be worth it to get there in time. :ack: If we were going with the girls, that'd be different - we could all just come and stay w/ friends and go from there - but I hate the idea of unpacking for a night and re-packing, too. :( Maybe it'll work if we catch an evening flight sometime.... the savings would be nice!! :thumbsup:
We checked out December, too, from Syracuse though, and got $824 for the 4 of us R/T, non-stop, on Jet Blue!! (That's all we fly from here) I was just looking to get an idea what it might cost next year when we go -- I was thrilled to see it so low -- now I just hope it happens next year too! :confused:

Who's up?? There's coffee on the table and some scones w/ clotted cream and jam... enjoy!! :D

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Would that be a good idea?

I went shopping again today and what did I buy this time?

:cloud9: :yes: :tasty: :yes: :tasty: :dance:

Orange Club bars?? (I don't know what they are, but if Jenn likes them, I'm in... :)) Clotted cream?? More Aero bars???? :D

Christine
09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
That is REALLY cool!! How old was she when you adopted her? I was 3 mos. old... I came home the day before Valentine's Day!

She was one day old...straight from the hospital! :cloud9: :baby: Funny story...when we were taking her home, I had full make up and was dressed nicely, carrying her and all the bags (John went round to get the car). A man in the elevator said, "Oh my! How old is your baby?" I said, "She was born yesterday." He looked at me and said, "Well you look GREAT!" I just said thanks! He probably still wonders how I did that!! :D

I have a 15 year old copy of hello magazine all about Di and Charles. Would you like that? Virgin often give a free paper on the flight. I'll be sure to say yes if they offer me one and then keep it for you ;)
Don't toy with me, Mikki! ;) That would be heavenly, but I wouldn't part with it if I was you.
That'd be great if they give you one on the plane! Thanks!

What's up for today? I am almost to the point of having so much to do that I don't know WHAT to do. Ever felt that way?

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:21 AM
She was one day old...straight from the hospital! :cloud9: :baby: Funny story...when we were taking her home, I had full make up and was dressed nicely, carrying her and all the bags (John went round to get the car). A man in the elevator said, "Oh my! How old is your baby?" I said, "She was born yesterday." He looked at me and said, "Well you look GREAT!" I just said thanks! He probably still wonders how I did that!! :D
What's up for today? I am almost to the point of having so much to do that I don't know WHAT to do. Ever felt that way?
That's too funny - my mom has similar stories where she forgot to tell someone they were adopting me, and then they came over after I arrived to find a 3 mo. old in a playpen...:)

I'm supposed to be sleeping, but I'm just not tired yet... other than that, a few phone calls when I wake up, some laundry, dinner and then it's back to work for me. :( I'd rather come help you figure out everything you need to do -- I actually enjoy that sort of thing!! :confused:

(Can that smilie count as a question??)

dlpmikki
09-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't toy with me, Mikki! ;) That would be heavenly, but I wouldn't part with it if I was you.
That'd be great if they give you one on the plane! Thanks!

If I can find it I would be happy to bring it for you.

I have a long list of to dos before we head off on Sunday and am slowing making my way down them.

I have something in common with Blythe and your daughter too - how neat is that? I was 6 weeks old when my new parents took me home :cloud9:. Unfortunately they have both passed away but they gave me a good upbringing. :(

Who is going to help me remember what is meant for who from all my goodies? :confused:

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I have a long list of to dos before we head off on Sunday and am slowing making my way down them.

I have something in common with Blythe and your daughter too - how neat is that? I was 6 weeks old when my new parents took me home :cloud9:. Unfortunately they have both passed away but they gave me a good upbringing.

Who is going to help me remember what is meant for who from all my goodies? :confused:
:here: :here: I will!! I'm quite the list-maker.... been teased quite a bit about it, in fact - even at my wedding!! :blush: Oh well... it keeps my brain on track. (Usually.... ;))

That is so neat that you were adopted, too -- funny how you find things in common the more you get to know people!! Did you ever know anything about your birth parents? I don't -- I used to think I wanted to, but then decided I really am okay just as I am. (No comments, peanut gallery... :noevil:)

I can't believe you're leaving Sunday already - I'm jealous!! I would really like the next 2 weeks to just fly by!! :teleport:

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Mornin' everyone! What's on the agenda for today? I've got some Pumpkin Spice Cappachinos for anyone that needs/wants one!

You're gonna watch Alex ?

Now THAT was mean, even for you Pogo... poor Alex... I think you need to apologize Pogo..

Do you need any help with the Aflac paperwork? I've become an 'expert' on filling their forms out. :D Just be sure to see the doctor within 72 hours!

I get up the mountain once a month or so. I can stop in the Pancake Pantry but I think they'll be cold when they get there. How about some crepe mix and canned peaches?

Um, thanks for the offer of crepe mix and canned peaches.. but it's just not the same... guess I'm gonna have to make a one day trip to have breakfast.. wanna meet me and my dh there? If we leave our house at 2AM, we can be there between 7 and 8am...have breakfast.. hang out for a few hours then Dh and I will leave town around 2 so we can be home by 8pm...

We have another Intercotee there that we are meeting with that just returned from WDW. Her name is Sarah and goes by MMouse6937. She has just posted some trip reports and dining reviews. Check them out. Diane has already found her and is tormenting me on her trip reports.

:confused: How am I tormenting you? I just told Sarah that she still had time to hightail it out of town before you arrived.... now is THAT tormenting? Tormenting would be pulling your hair, or poking you in the back, or throwing rotten apples at you, or calling you the biggest loser, or ....

Have a good day (yes, you too Pogo). I am almost tempted not leave a question. :thedolls: Will Rhonda yell at me?

Nope, she won't yell at you.. but she will give you one of these :nono:

Would that be a good idea?

I have a 15 year old copy of hello magazine all about Di and Charles. Would you like that?

Well, I guess it's a good idea.. still don't know why someone would want a chocolate bar that is mostly air...

That magazine would be NEAT to see! Too bad I won't be at the meet so I can page thru it! But wow! Isn't that a collector's item?

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Coffee is here! Does this mean you are staying at All-Star Sports like so many of us!?

At this point, yes. Honestly - I am hoping to get into a moderate - but NOTHING seems to be available for our whole stay. So, yes.

I slipped on the steps going into my office whilst carrying a box of supplies.
I guess I should have had somebody else do that. But instead of feeding the duck.... he is going to feed me ! :D

OK, now I get the duck thing.:blush:

Haven't had time to catch up (although I did see that "biggest loser" crack, Tommy Boy).

I'm sure he meant it in a good way!:D

Working at home today - so hopefully I can check in from time to time. Still have some trip planning to do, and house cleaning to do before the in-laws come this weekend :blush:. I'm ready for a coffee refill - anyone have any fresh brewed?

pogo
09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Just souping in to say hi. Been on the road this week. Haven't had time to catch up (although I did see that "biggest loser" crack, Tommy Boy). I will be zooping in and out of Toronto eh today eh. Leaving this afternoon, returning tomorrow afternoon eh. Glad you noticed. I figured it would bring you out of the woodwork.

What time you were flying over Rochester? I'll sling shot another Ham and Chesse Sub to you. :D

I have a 15 year old copy of hello magazine all about Di and Charles. Would you like that? Virgin often give a free paper on the flight. I'll be sure to say yes if they offer me one and then keep it for you How sweet of you Dutchess ! :D

As much as we'd like the $$ savings from Rochester, we like to fly out at 6am, so the drive just wouldn't be worth it to get there in time. We leave at 7:30 and arrive about 10:30, non stop on Air Tran. I guess you would have to leave your house at around 5:00 AM to make it.

We checked out December, too, from Syracuse though, and got $824 for the 4 of us R/T, non-stop, on Jet Blue!! I didn't know JB flew non stop to MCO. I thought all their flights stopped at JFK. That place can be a nightmare. :(

but then decided I really am okay just as I am. (No comments, peanut gallery...
What..... do you think I'd say something ? OK.. you get a free pass this morning.:D

Now THAT was mean, even for you Pogo... poor Alex... I think you need to apologize Pogo.. But it was said with love !:D

Do you need any help with the Aflac paperwork? I've become an 'expert' on filling their forms out. Just be sure to see the doctor within 72 hours! Just came from the Doc.... nothing broken. Claim filed. But thanks for the offer of help. ;)

:confused: How am I tormenting you? I just told Sarah that she still had time to hightail it out of town before you arrived.... now is THAT tormenting? Tormenting would be pulling your hair, or poking you in the back, or throwing rotten apples at you, or calling you the biggest loser, or ....
:blah:

Christine
09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
T&G, I'm glad you've decided to come to the meet...even if it does mean you have to slum it with the rest of us bottom-dwellers at Sports! ;) It'll be fine. It's one of those situations where you just have to ask yourself, would you rather not go at all, or go and stay at a value??? It's all good!

Have a good one everybody...

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I didn't know JB flew non stop to MCO. I thought all their flights stopped at JFK. That place can be a nightmare. :(

Don't say that! DH has a connection there tomorrow evening - and only has 35 minutes between flights!

Just came from the Doc.... nothing broken. Claim filed. But thanks for the offer of help. ;)

Glad to here the little piggy is OK!:D
Guess you can't use that an excuse to skip Albuquerque and go to WDW...:D

So I hear that are alot of thunderstorms in the east. DH is heading to Buffalo (via Atlanta! - who booked this flight anyway?). What are the chances he hits bad weather?:confused:

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 10:57 AM
T&G, I'm glad you've decided to come to the meet...even if it does mean you have to slum it with the rest of us bottom-dwellers at Sports! ;) It'll be fine. It's one of those situations where you just have to ask yourself, would you rather not go at all, or go and stay at a value??? It's all good!

My thoughts exactly!!:D
Granted, we are picky (exactly why we bought DVC), but I think it will be fine - especially for just the three of us.
I haven't yet told the girls (we are famous for surprising them BIG TIME). Do you honestly think they will say "EWW - we don't want to go if we have to stay there"??

dlpmikki
09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
How sweet of you Dutchess ! :D

I'm a kind person, unlike someone we could mention. I think he goes by a false name?

pogo
09-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Don't say that! DH has a connection there tomorrow evening - and only has 35 minutes between flights!

Glad to here the little piggy is OK!
Guess you can't use that an excuse to skip Albuquerque and go to WDW...

So I hear that are alot of thunderstorms in the east. DH is heading to Buffalo (via Atlanta! - who booked this flight anyway?). What are the chances he hits bad weather? I hope he doesn't hit any bad weather. As far JFK or Atlanta, I try to avoid then as well as O'Hare. Sometimes it is impossible to do.

Actually, it was the big piggy, left foot. Do you think it would be smart for me to use it as an excuse ? I'd really love to meet everyone, but what about my DW and her birthday ? :(
I think I should be with her, don't you ? :confused:

I'm a kind person, unlike someone we could mention. I think he goes by a false name?
Yeah I know what you mean..... I wouldn't mention his name either even though I think he has a soft spot and isn't always such a meaney ! :D

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Does this mean you are staying at All-Star Sports like so many of us!?

OK. Change of plans. We have booked Saratoga - using an AP rate. (Its actually cheaper than the cash rate for DVC members -more like a Moderate price!!)

I would never look at it as slummin' it! Your staying on property in a Disney resort! Actually my only concern was the bus situation. We've never stayed at Saratoga! Look at this way - you guys will have more spending money left over than me! :spend:

Actually, it was the big piggy, left foot. Do you think it would be smart for me to use it as an excuse ? I'd really love to meet everyone, but what about my DW and her birthday ? :(
I think I should be with her, don't you ? :confused:

Yes, you should. You just take your swollen big piggy AND your DW to Albuquerque and have a fantastic time. Take lots of pictures! The balloon festival we went to was amazing! Dress warm! They start them EARLY, and its COLD.

DD woke up with a migraine today - so trying to get rid of that so she can go to part of a day of school! Poor thing!

Guess its time for me to get some work done??

pogo
09-26-2007, 02:59 PM
OK. Change of plans. We have booked Saratoga - using an AP rate. (Its actually cheaper than the cash rate for DVC members -more like a Moderate price!!)

Yes, you should. You just take your swollen big piggy AND your DW to Albuquerque and have a fantastic time. Take lots of pictures! The balloon festival we went to was amazing! Dress warm! They start them EARLY, and its COLD.

DD woke up with a migraine today - so trying to get rid of that so she can go to part of a day of school! Poor thing!

Guess its time for me to get some work done??
Thanks for the update T&G. I'm glad it is all coming together for you. Are you getting excited yet ? :confused:

I promise to take a lot of pictures at Albuquerque and we might do a trip report for everyone also. :blush:

Here's some :pixie: for your DD and her pain. I hope she gets over it soon.

Back to work for me too. :D

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Hmmm.. I'm finally able to stop work long enough to check in and all of you have checked out...

T&G - hope your DD is feeling better.

Pogo - glad your big piggy ain't broke. I'm sure the duck will take good care of you! Just make sure you don't order Pekin Duck while he's there writing out your bills...:D

What question should I ask to meet the question quota?

pogo
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmmm.. I'm finally able to stop work long enough to check in and all of you have checked out...

Pogo - glad your big piggy ain't broke. I'm sure the duck will take good care of you! Just make sure you don't order Pekin Duck while he's there writing out your bills...:D
Well.... good to her from you. I though you were mad at me. :pout:

So you are real busy too, huh ? Me too. :thumbsup:

I'm putting a major proposal together for Long Term Care Insurance for a group of about 800 employee's. It came about because of one of those golf games last month that Natalie said you couldn't do business at. If it gets accepted then I'll have to hire about four new agents to write the business. :D

I sure do miss Natalie this week. :( I hope she is having a good time at WDW. :mickey:

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Well.... good to her from you. I though you were mad at me. :pout:

So you are real busy too, huh ? Me too. :thumbsup:

I'm putting a major proposal together for Long Term Care Insurance for a group of about 800 employee's. It came about because of one of those golf games last month that Natalie said you couldn't do business at. If it gets accepted then I'll have to hire about four new agents to write the business. :D

I sure do miss Natalie this week. :( I hope she is having a good time at WDW. :mickey:

Why would you think I was angry at you? You are POGO! And EVERYBODY loves Pogo! :D

Good luck with the proposal!

I'm sure Natalie is missing us also (NOT!!!!)... I AM sure she's having a GREAT time at WDW! I just hope she didn't have any issues getting all her shoes across the border! And I hope their room was large enough to hold them all! :D

Hey Ken! You mentioned you finished your script - but you never mentioned what you ended up calling it...

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
I didn't know JB flew non stop to MCO. I thought all their flights stopped at JFK. That place can be a nightmare.

Just came from the Doc.... nothing broken. Claim filed. But thanks for the offer of help.

Yup - JB started non-stops last summer!! :thumbsup: We're taking one home on Sunday - we leave MCO @ 12:50 and get in at 3:30. Not bad!!
Glad to hear nothing is broken - you wouldn't want to be hobbling around Albequerque!!

Hey everyone - not a good sleep day for me, but I grabbed a pumpkin cappucino - thanks, Di!! :) Feeling a little better...

How was everyone else's day?

Caroleh
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Boy everybody has been chatty!!!

Buddy, happy to hear your toe isn't broken!!

After 3 days of listening to health and safety lectures, I'm exhausted. It also seemed like all we were doing was eating and sitting. It was really nice though that some of the managers of the other stores told the owner of the company that I really need a new store...SO I was told to start looking for a place.

Anyone have a cup of coffee for me to try and wake me up?

drummerboy
09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Man, ya go to Raleigh for the day, and everybody decides to get chatty.

Why did you try to kick the duck?:thedolls:
Because he missed the bucket?

I slipped on the steps going into my office whilst carrying a box of supplies.
I guess I should have had somebody else do that.
It's always good to have someone else do the slipping for you. :thumbsup:

Amost daily.

Just ship them to my house first and I'll sort them. Uh, you won't miss a few little items that might not make it through, uh...customs, yeah, that's it, customs...will you?

Tormenting would be pulling your hair, or poking you in the back, or throwing rotten apples at you, or calling you the biggest loser, or ....
Well, that would be fun too...

Hey Ken! You mentioned you finished your script - but you never mentioned what you ended up calling it...
Subject to DD1's approval, I went with "Winter Nightsong: A Reflection on the Christmas Eve Wanderings of One E. Scrooge, Esq." Kind of the old-timey English way of sub-titling things. We'll have to put a credit in the program. :thumbsup: Turns out I have a band concert on one of the weekends she's doing the show, so I won't even be able to play in the pit band this time.

Mickey'sGirl
09-26-2007, 06:11 PM
I will be zooping in and out of Toronto eh today eh. Leaving this afternoon, returning tomorrow afternoon eh.Why not give me a shout and we can do lunch????

I went shopping again today and what did I buy this time? :D
You are fine indeed! :thumbsup:

Orange Club bars?? (I don't know what they are, but if Jenn likes them, I'm in... :)) This is a wise course of action in most things ... stick with me baby and who knows how far we'll go!

d was she when you adopted her? I was 3 mos. old... I came home the day before Valentine's Day!
My second brother was adopted in 1973. My parents attempted to adopt him when he was 5 in 1972, but Children's Aid felt that there were too many kids the same age in the household and it would not benefit him (we were 2, 4 and 6 at the time). Well if he wasn't still looking for a home the next year -- so my parents applied again and they relented, giving us a 3 month trial. He's been an "us" ever since. People are often surprised when /if they learn that he was adopted -- like I'm supposed to label him my "adopted" brother or something. He is just my brother, and according to him "The only one they really wanted". :D

Actually, it was the big piggy, left foot. Do you think it would be smart for me to use it as an excuse ? I'd really love to meet everyone, but what about my DW and her birthday ? :(Sorry about your dogs, Cousin! Some :pixie: for your recovery, and yes, you should be with your wife on her birthday.

Ken great name for your play!

Well, I have to zoop back out -- I have a meeting tonight and need to concentrate on not losing my temper. :mad:

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Subject to DD1's approval, I went with "Winter Nightsong: A Reflection on the Christmas Eve Wanderings of One E. Scrooge, Esq." Kind of the old-timey English way of sub-titling things.
Ken, I like it!! I definitely like it!! :thumbsup:

He's been an "us" ever since. People are often surprised when /if they learn that he was adopted -- like I'm supposed to label him my "adopted" brother or something. He is just my brother, and according to him "The only one they really wanted".

Well, I have to zoop back out -- I have a meeting tonight and need to concentrate on not losing my temper. :mad:
That's funny about your brother - when I was old enough to learn about being adopted, my mom says she explained that she and daddy really wanted a little girl, and that it was very special what they did b/c most babies are "just born into a family, but we got to choose you!!" So - that was how I'd explain it to my little friends (I was maybe 5 or so....) and they'd end up feeling bad about being born into their families!! :blush: My mom quickly then changed how I explained it... ;)

Good luck tonight at your meeting - I hope it goes well, and that your power-hungry nemesis is thankful for your input!! :listen:

How's everyone's Wednesday night going?? anyone around here??

drummerboy
09-26-2007, 08:55 PM
The whole volunteer thing sounds something like what happened to DD1, excepts she was heading the group and some power-hungry ones came in and pretty well took it over (to the extent of trying to 'impeach' her). It really got ridiculous. Of course, all's well that ends well--that's what prompted her to start her own theater group, and she's done very well at it. And of course, the other group is about to go under under their 'leadership'.

Off the box.

Had a two-an-a-half hour each way drive to Raleigh today for a two hour meeting. What I won't do for a free lunch. :D

So, how did the mid-week go for everybody? Decide to clam up once I got home did you? Is it time to start talking about Nat now, is she gone already? :thedolls:

DD1 and I are meeting with the composer tomorrow night to see what he's come up with so far. Hope it's a lot, or DD may help him de-compose pretty quickly.

disneydeb
09-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Pogo, how's the foot?:D

That will be my default question for the next couple of weeks.:D

Just zooping in. Got to get busy. Tomorrow night we have another round of Parent-Teacher Conferences.:party: :D

See ya real soon!:mickey:

pogo
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Why would you think I was angry at you? You are POGO! And EVERYBODY loves Pogo!

Good luck with the proposal!
Awwww shucks Diane. :blush: You're making me blush. Do you really mean it ?

Thanks for the well wishes. :D

Yup - JB started non-stops last summer!! We're taking one home on Sunday - we leave MCO @ 12:50 and get in at 3:30. Not bad!!
Not bad at all..... and I found out they are flying N/S to MCO from Rochester starting In November. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear nothing is broken - you wouldn't want to be hobbling around Albequerque!!

You don't know how happy I am that it wasn't broken... only a little bent. :D

Buddy, happy to hear your toe isn't broken!!
Thanks.... glad to have you back.

It's always good to have someone else do the slipping for you. :thumbsup:
I'm going to try to remember that.

Sorry about your dogs, Cousin! Some :pixie: for your recovery, and yes, you should be with your wife on her birthday.
My thoughts exactly...... I knew you'd be the mind of reason. :hug: I just like hugging you !:D

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 09:08 PM
DD1 and I are meeting with the composer tomorrow night to see what he's come up with so far. Hope it's a lot, or DD may help him de-compose pretty quickly.
:funny: good luck at your meeting!!

Anybody else wondering what Nat is doing right now???

pogo
09-26-2007, 09:11 PM
How's everyone's Wednesday night going?? anyone around here??
So far so good. :D

Is it time to start talking about Nat now, is she gone already?
I miss Natalie....... :pout: Didn't you read that from earlier?

Hey Pogo, how's the foot?

That will be my default question for the next couple of weeks.
Just fine, Sis. Thanks for asking. :D

disneydeb
09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey everybody! How do you like my new avatar?:thumbsup:

Thanks John!

pogo
09-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Thanks John!
Hhhhmmmm...... so kissing up to the big guy got you the new avatar ? :blush:

On you.... it looks good. :D

disneydeb
09-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Hhhhmmmm...... so kissing up to the big guy got you the new avatar ? :blush:

On you.... it looks good. :D

Thanks big brother!:thumbsup:

and

Hey Pogo, how's your foot?

pogo
09-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks big brother!:thumbsup:

and

Hey Pogo, how's your foot?

Would you believe the foot is fine..... but the big toe is killing me ? :D

Caroleh
09-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks.... glad to have you back.

Thank you, Buddy!!! I'm glad to be back. I really missed all of you. My DH wouldn't part with his laptop, so I couldn't take it. I honestly can say I missed getting up in the morning to say hi to all of you, and in the evening to see what was going on and, of course, the late nights. I have trouble sleeping in a strange bed, so I was lying in bed all night wondering if Blythe and Christine were talking and I would of gladly joined in!!! Plus, I just need to pick on Alex and Pogo. :D

Speaking of Pogo and Alex, did anyone get Alex any pink tennis balls? Are those pink cross trainers I see Pogo wearing?

disneydeb
09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Would you believe the foot is fine..... but the big toe is killing me ? :D

OK, I can handle a new default question, how is: " Big Bro how's the big toe? " as the new and improved default question? :D

Carol, I'm glad to see you again, too!

Christine
09-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, I'm afraid I won't be burning the midnight oil tonight...I'm off to Canton Tradesdays tomorrow! (I know, I should be packing for the move, not BUYING more things to pack and move!) But into every life a little fun (and shopping) must fall! :drama:

Blythe, I hope you have some company tonight! I'll get you some funnel cake so you can have it for breakfast when you wake up tomorrow! Half the fun of Canton...the FOOD! Carnival type stuff...lots of things on sticks...:tasty:

Have a good evening all...

Can I BUY a question? Will you take a check?

(gotta warm up for tomorrow!)

PS-Ellen, how was the doctor visit today???

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Thanks John!
It's great!! how'd you get it? Is it just in the regular avatars to choose from now??? VERY tempting....

Blythe, I hope you have some company tonight! I'll get you some funnel cake so you can have it for breakfast when you wake up tomorrow! Half the fun of Canton...the FOOD! Carnival type stuff...lots of things on sticks...:tasty:

Mmmm... thanks!! that'll give me something to look forward to all night... if you all hear a tummy growling, that'll be me....:blush:

Anyone have any expresso I can make?? I'm going to need it tonight....

Riri529
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Just popping in to say "hi".
Tennis camp, eh? If I knew we were heading to tennis camp I would have returned sooner. I can certainly use a break!!

My life has been so hectic, I can barely formulate a question tonight. Can I have a pass please?

BTW, Alex, when are you returning my pink tennis skirt that you borrowed?

drummerboy
09-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey, Riri, good to have you back.

I'm going to head to bed a'd see if I cad ged rid of dis co'd. Sniff sniff.

Everybody ready for almost-end-of-the-week day?

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
:rub: Wow!! Maria, is that really you??? Hi!! :hi:
Glad to see you back!!
BTW, I think Alex has your green tube top, too.... :shake:

pogo
09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, I'm afraid I won't be burning the midnight oil tonight...I'm off to Canton Tradesdays tomorrow! (I know, I should be packing for the move, not BUYING more things to pack and move!) But into every life a little fun (and shopping) must fall!
I hope you don't buy so much, that you need an extra moving van. Would you like us all to come and help pack ?

Anyone have any expresso I can make?? I'm going to need it tonight....I've never even drank exspresso let alone make it. Sorry.:(

Tennis camp, eh? If I knew we were heading to tennis camp I would have returned sooner. I can certainly use a break!!

My life has been so hectic, I can barely formulate a question tonight. Can I have a pass please?

Oh...... I knew I was going to like you after I was warned about you.

Oh Alex.......... when you return the skirt, don't forget to return the tube top too. :D

Beast_fanatic
09-26-2007, 11:05 PM
We are thinking about taking a ride. Did you go up in one ?

Yes, many times. Our first flight was at Albuquerque, and it was so amazing (if I had a scanner available, I'd show you some pictures that I took while in the basket).

(Can that smilie count as a question??)

Nope. Smilies do not count. :nope:

It's great!! how'd you get it? Is it just in the regular avatars to choose from now??? VERY tempting....

Don't forget though, custom avatars will be lost if you ever change to another one.

Can we skip Thursday this week and go straight to Friday?

Mickey'sGirl
09-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey Riri! Glad to see you! :hi:

Howz the toe Cousin?

Here I am just back from my meeting and it was much better than I feared --- but it was only me, the chairman and a newbie -- to do the work that we were expecting 10 to do!! My mother warned me! Who is making the coffee for the morning? I had better head 'cause that alarm goes off pretty darned early! Ciao everyone!

pogo
09-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, many times. Our first flight was at Albuquerque, and it was so amazing (if I had a scanner available, I'd show you some pictures that I took while in the basket).

I had one of our members, Noahs Helper, send me the link to his web site with all his fantastic photo's of his balloon ride two years ago and they were breath taking.

I only wish we could skip Thusday. I've got to go with my Mom and speak to her Doctor about her care. Wish us luck ? :D

Howz the toe Cousin?

Who is making the coffee for the morning? I had better head 'cause that alarm goes off pretty darned early! Ciao everyone!
The toe is throbbing, but I'm getting used to it.:(

The coffee pot is all set to go off at 5:00. Help yourself. :D

I'm off to bed also.... nite...nite. :sleepin:

Dsnygirl
09-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Don't forget though, custom avatars will be lost if you ever change to another one.

I know... :( ... I'm not sure I can give up my custom one, even for one as great as the 10th anniversary one.

I only wish we could skip Thusday. I've got to go with my Mom and speak to her Doctor about her care. Wish us luck ? :D

Sending you luck, :pixie::pixie: and prayers -- hope everything goes the way you want it to!! (and some of that dust is for that toe of yours... I hope it stops hurting soon!!)

anyone out there??? anyone?? sigh... :(

alpro2
09-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Why not give me a shout and we can do lunch????

I have a meeting from 10:00 - 11:00, then flying out at 1:30. Don't think time will permit that. Perhaps next time?

...Plus, I just need to pick on Alex and Pogo.

Speaking of Pogo and Alex, did anyone get Alex any pink tennis balls? Are those pink cross trainers I see Pogo wearing?
Ya know...I was just starting to miss you (notice the past tense). :D

Yes, you should have zooped in sooner. I have seen your game. :D

I was hoping you didn't notice that I "borrowed" your pink skirt and green tube. Oh, and I also "borrowed" your fuscia high heels. :blush:

BTW, I think Alex has your green tube top, too....
Tattle tale!

Oh...... I knew I was going to like you after I was warned about you.

Don't try to brown nose Maria. You are too late Pogo....I told her all about you. Her darts are at the ready. :D

pogo
09-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Good morning all. Rain today here in Rochester. In fact we had rain al night long, on and off, but we really need it.:thumbsup:

Sending you luck, :pixie::pixie: and prayers -- hope everything goes the way you want it to!! (and some of that dust is for that toe of yours... I hope it stops hurting soon!!)
(
Thanks Blythe..... so far the news has all been good....... but there is always those little words "if" and "but". :fingers:

Don't try to brown nose Maria. You are too late Pogo....I told her all about you. Her darts are at the ready. :D
I would never try to brown nose her or anybody else. Why would you think I would ? :confused:

She seems to be smart enough to throw those darts at you and I'm sure her aim is deadly. :D

Caroleh
09-27-2007, 08:14 AM

:hi: Maria!!

\I only wish we could skip Thusday. I've got to go with my Mom and speak to her Doctor about her care. Wish us luck ?
:pixie::pixie: for your mother today, Buddy. Hope everything goes good for her.

Ya know...I was just starting to miss you (notice the past tense). :D

Gee, thanks, I think!!! I hope you enjoy your quick trip to Toronto...fashion advice..don't wear the green tube top, pink tennis skirt and fushia high heels, you'll stand out a little too much!!! :D Plus you may get the wrong kind of business!!!

Has anyone seen my question? Alex should be delivering it, but he's not here yet!!

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Just wanted to zoop in and say that our single digit dance :dance: starts today. Sorry Di, but I am sure you will give it everyone before your trip to DL!:D

I have been after that wonderful wife of mine to post our pre-trip report, but she is neglecting her report writing duties.:mad:

I want you guys to get on her about that, OK?

So who wants to meet before all the Intercot festivities begin?

pogo
09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to zoop in and say that our single digit dance :dance: starts today. Sorry Di, but I am sure you will give it everyone before your trip to DL!:D

I have been after that wonderful wife of mine to post our pre-trip report, but she is neglecting her report writing duties.:mad:

I want you guys to get on her about that, OK?

:hi: Brian, I want to meet you guys all but I can't. :pout:

OK....let me get this straight..... you feel the need to come here and rub it in on me too ? :faint: Thanks Buddy.

I've got an idea.......

Why don't YOU write the pre-trip reports this time ?

Why don't YOU write all the trip reports upon your return, this time? :yes:

I love ya, man.... I hope you,Jenn, Harry and Euan have a great time. Travel safe. :D

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Why don't YOU write all the trip reports upon your return, this time? :yes:
1. He would use my journal.
2. He would take forever.
3. He would possibly not finish them.

He started to do the reports in 2005 -- but only got 3 days in.... Brian's strength lies in the photo upload and organization. We compliment each other's abilities.....

I want to go this week..... I haven't even started packing (and I am always ahead of the game!).

A question for Ken... Are part-time band leaders semi-conductors?

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey all... so, I guess it's morning... not a very good one... just a bit down in the dumps today. DH is off work with his neck from his accident last week (hey Pogo -if I've already filed paperwork with Aflac can it be updated to show he has missed some work from it after all?)... and there's some other things that have me a bit down... so if anyone has a spare chuckle or two I could sure use it...

Awwww shucks Diane. :blush: You're making me blush. Do you really mean it ?

I never lie....:hug:

HI RIRI!!! You've been missed!

And if Alex returns the pink tennis skirt he won't have anything to wear his pink hair ribbon with...

I'm going to head to bed a'd see if I cad ged rid of dis co'd. Sniff sniff.

Poor Ken... here's some kleenex and some chicken noodle soup.. hope you feel better quick! (HEY! Anybody got a large can of Lysol so we can degerm this thread?)

[QUOTE=pogo;1431102]
Oh Alex.......... when you return the skirt, don't forget to return the tube top too.

Who did he get that nice string of pearls from?

Hi Brian! That's ok.. I'm happy that you guys get to go for the meet! I'm down to 34 days until my Disneyland trip so I'm doing my dance already! HEY! Talking about meeting before the Intercot festivities.. why don't you guys stop at the Timmies you stopped at in Ohio on 63 and I'll meet you guys there. It's just a hop skip and three or four jumps from my house!

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
why don't you guys stop at the Timmies you stopped at in Ohio on 63 and I'll meet you guys there. It's just a hop skip and three or four jumps from my house!
We are flying from Buffalo, sorry Di.:( Maybe next summer we'll drive down and share a Timmies with you.

By the way, has anyone seen my Timmies?

drummerboy
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Well...that's one of the things we call ours... :D

Hey all... so, I guess it's morning... not a very good one... just a bit down in the dumps today. so if anyone has a spare chuckle or two I could sure use it...

(HEY! Anybody got a large can of Lysol so we can degerm this thread?)
And you want me to provide some chuckles? Ha-rumph. One of the funnier Dilbert cartoons is the one whre the pointy-haired boss tells an employee who is down that he always tickles his own feet to make himself feel better. Think that would work?

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 10:06 AM
And you want me to provide some chuckles? Ha-rumph. One of the funnier Dilbert cartoons is the one whre the pointy-haired boss tells an employee who is down that he always tickles his own feet to make himself feel better. Think that would work?

I like Dilbert... that's cute! I did wear sandels today... think I should try it? Though a nice foot massage might make me feel even better... I got in trouble at a former job (a government one) cause I had a few Dilbert cartoons on dislplay on my desk... :D

Tink&Goofy
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven't even started packing (and I am always ahead of the game!).

Packing? I am just finishing up my travel arrangements. This trip is called "winging it"!! :blush:

:D I love it!

Well I'm home again this morning - DD still has her migraine (although somewhat better). I am hoping another dose of her meds this morning will kick it. Anyone have any extra strong migraine kickin pixie dust??

drummerboy
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I got in trouble at a former job (a government one) cause I had a few Dilbert cartoons on dislplay on my desk... :D
He even has a series of cartoons about people getting in trouble for dispalying Dilbert cartoons. I've got about five or six Dilbert cartoon books (although, since I'm the boss, I face the danger of being compared to the pointy-haired boss :blush:).

It's almost Friday already. Is everybody ecstatic? Or at least mildly joyful? Oh, all right, slightly uptick?

alpro2
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
We are flying from Buffalo, sorry Di.:( Maybe next summer we'll drive down and share a Timmies with you.

Hi Brian! What a coincidence that you ask. My colleague took me to Tim Hortons for the first time. She asked if I wanted a "double shot" or a "single shot"????? What in the "hay" does that mean? I ordered a double and, um ummmm, was that good.

Sitting in Toronto airport right now. Where is the snow?

dlpmikki
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I used to have the daily dilbert desk calendar at work. Far too often there was something apt about the company! I am not at all sure it was always appreciated by the senior management. :thedolls:

I am heading off to the meet on Sunday. It'll take me a few days to get ready for you all. I'd better remember to pack the tennis balls but no tennis player would play in cross trainers! How much do you think I should charge for the coaching? :D

alpro2
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd better remember to pack the tennis balls but no tennis player would play in cross trainers! How much do you think I should charge for the coaching? :D
Are you still trying to pull a Jedi Mind Trick on us? :thedolls:

dlpmikki
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM

No Jedi mind trick, but I do have some excellent trick shots at tennis as well as some scorchers. :D You would need Jedi reflexes to get some of my shots back :tennis:

Are you ready? :thedolls:

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
You could have had lunch with a certain fabulous JQ lady. Where was your meeting?

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi Brian! What a coincidence that you ask. My colleague took me to Tim Hortons for the first time. She asked if I wanted a "double shot" or a "single shot"????? What in the "hay" does that mean? I ordered a double and, um ummmm, was that good.

They have flavour shots for the coffee. I am a purist so I pass on them, unless if I get the French Vanilla. :tasty:

The snow should be right where I left it!!! I guess that all the politician's hot air melted it all. :D After all there is election campaign taking place. We wil be away for the results. But we will be voting at the advanced polls.

Now who should I vote for? :confused:

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Ok, I'll hold you to that! But hey - can you at least wave at me as you fly over Ohio? Dh and I had discussed coming up your way for our 15 year anniversary next November (Niagara Falls) but found out that the Maid doesn't run in November...

Well I'm home again this morning - DD still has her migraine (although somewhat better). I am hoping another dose of her meds this morning will kick it. Anyone have any extra strong migraine kickin pixie dust??

Well, I was gonna put in a boxing smilie and the pixie dust smilie and tell you that here was some extra strong pixie dust that would knock that migrane right out of there.. but my smilie box doesn't seem to want to work right now.. I do hope your DD feels better quick!

He even has a series of cartoons about people getting in trouble for dispalying Dilbert cartoons. I've got about five or six Dilbert cartoon books (although, since I'm the boss, I face the danger of being compared to the pointy-haired boss :blush:).

It's almost Friday already. Is everybody ecstatic? Or at least mildly joyful? Oh, all right, slightly uptick?

What's the name of those Dilbert books? And you do know that 'technically' with your pony tail you could be pointy haired...

And I'll go with mildly joyful...

How would we know if it was good? YOu were the one that drank it... (insert winking/smiling smilies here)

I am heading off to the meet on Sunday. It'll take me a few days to get ready for you all. I'd better remember to pack the tennis balls but no tennis player would play in cross trainers! How much do you think I should charge for the coaching? :D

Just make sure the tennis balls are pink or else Alex won't play...

The snow should be right where I left it!!! I guess that all the politician's hot air melted it all. :D After all there is election campaign taking place. We wil be away for the results. But we will be voting at the advanced polls.

Now who should I vote for? :confused:

Vote for Mickey Mouse! Or Stitch!

drummerboy
09-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I used to have the daily dilbert desk calendar at work. Far too often there was something apt about the company! I am not at all sure it was always appreciated by the senior management. :thedolls:
They who take themselves much too seriously? Oh come on, you don't mean it! :D

Wise you have become young Jedi. Watch out for her mind tricks you must.

but found out that the Maid doesn't run in November...
You should run your own races and not have the help do it! :thedolls:

What's the name of those Dilbert books? And you do know that 'technically' with your pony tail you could be pointy haired...
One of them is "Still Pumped from Using the Mouse." I can't remember the rest right now. Actually, my ponytail is so poofy that it doesn't have a point (funny--my staff often wonders if I have a point when I'm talking to them, but I digress...). Don't you just love Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light?

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Ken -- id da code id dor dose any bedder?

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
One of them is "Still Pumped from Using the Mouse." I can't remember the rest right now. Actually, my ponytail is so poofy that it doesn't have a point (funny--my staff often wonders if I have a point when I'm talking to them, but I digress...). Don't you just love Phil, the Prince of Insufficient Light?

So that would make you the Pouffy haired boss... yeah, Phil is pretty cool.. but I REALLY love Dogbert! He's my hero!

:laughing:

Hmmmm.... what should I ask to meet my question qouta?

dlpmikki
09-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Dilbert books:
It's not funny if I have to explain it (could that apply to this thread?)
Don't stand where the comet is assumed to strike oil
Words you don't want to hear during your annual performance appraisal
When body language goes bad
What do you call a sociopath in a cubicle? A coworker. (Do you guys really work in cubicles?)
Another day in cubicle paradise.
When did ignornace become a point of view?
Excuse me while I wag.
Random acts of management
Don't step in the leadership....
I'm not anti business I am anti idiot
Casual day has gone too far
It's obvious you won't survive by your wits alone
Shave the whales
Always postpone meetings with time wasting morons

That is not all of them by any means but you get the idea - even the titles make me laugh sometimes :)

Dsnygirl
09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi all - just stopping in before I head out to run around w/ the girls... no zooping today, I think my zoop motor needs more caffeine...

I was hoping you didn't notice that I "borrowed" your pink skirt and green tube. Oh, and I also "borrowed" your fuscia high heels.

Please, oh please.... wear the outfit to AC!! You'll be so much easier to find!! :D

Just wanted to zoop in and say that our single digit dance starts today.

I have been after that wonderful wife of mine to post our pre-trip report, but she is neglecting her report writing duties.

Hi Brian!! :hi: Can you believe the time has gotten here so quickly???

I just read Jenn's pre-trip report -- and it's great!! Now what's it your turn to do??

We're definitely up for a meet - will you guys be at the AC on Thursday night??

Hey all... so, I guess it's morning... not a very good one... just a bit down in the dumps today. DH is off work with his neck from his accident last week ... and there's some other things that have me a bit down... so if anyone has a spare chuckle or two I could sure use it...

I don't have many chuckles to send, but I can send you this -- :hug: -- I hope your day has gotten better!!

Here you go!! :pixie: :pixie:

:joy: :woohoo:

How was everyone's day today??

(Did anyone notice my new number up there?)
:(

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Dilbert books:
It's not funny if I have to explain it (could that apply to this thread?)
Don't stand where the comet is assumed to strike oil
Words you don't want to hear during your annual performance appraisal
When body language goes bad
What do you call a sociopath in a cubicle? A coworker. (Do you guys really work in cubicles?)
Another day in cubicle paradise.
When did ignornace become a point of view?
Excuse me while I wag.
Random acts of management
Don't step in the leadership....
I'm not anti business I am anti idiot
Casual day has gone too far
It's obvious you won't survive by your wits alone
Shave the whales
Always postpone meetings with time wasting morons

That is not all of them by any means but you get the idea - even the titles make me laugh sometimes :)

Thanks Mikki! And yes.. I work in a cubicle.. our whole office is a sea of them... occassionally you will see heads pop up over the tops, like a prairie dog community... we get no true sunlight.. no fresh air... it's a horrid existence... And pretty much everything in Dilbert fits cubicle/office life!

I don't have many chuckles to send, but I can send you this -- :hug: -- I hope your day has gotten better!!

Thanks for the hug.. I needed that! Day will be better once 5:00 gets here and I can go home and curl up with my doggies...

And congrats on hitting 4k!!! Awesome!

Hmmmm... need a question.. need a question... um, is the light in the refrigerator really off when you close the door?

ElenitaB
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Congrats, Blythe! Should we celebrate at WDW? :mickey3: :minnie:

drummerboy
09-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Yes 'tis, thank you. It's just about run its course.

So that would make you the Pouffy haired boss... yeah, Phil is pretty cool.. but I REALLY love Dogbert! He's my hero!
That would make me Alice? No, I guess that would be the triagular-haired boss. Actually, I think Wally is my hero.

Hmmmm... need a question.. need a question... um, is the light in the refrigerator really off when you close the door?
Best way to find out is to get in and close the door behind you. Please don't panic, parents--you can push them open from the inside these days. Not that I've had to. But they don't latch shut like they used to waaaaay back when I was a kid.

Everybody ready for Friday?

Tink&Goofy
09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Congrats, Blythe! Should we celebrate at WDW? :mickey3: :minnie:

Yes - most definitely! :mickey:

Well it looks like DH is going to be stuck in Buffalo for another night. You guys must have had some pretty crummy weather! Two planes that were supposed to come in from JFK have apparently not made it yet, so now there are 2 loads of passengers waiting. Hopefully he can get a room at the hotel again! He's exhausted after traveling all day yesterday for a 3 hour meeting this morning. If he can't get a flight, I told him he should find a bar, and get a glass of wine!
Anyone know of a really nice restaurant near the Buffalo airport? I'm sure he wouldn't mind a good steak to compliment the wine!:D

Christine
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Whew! That was a whirlwind trip today! Canton was FABULOUS! October and March are my two favorite times to go. All the good vendors are there and the holiday stuff is fantastic! I didn't buy TOO much, but I did do a good showing to honor my civic duty and help support the economy! :blush:

Blythe, congratulations on 4K!

Is everyone still wanting to try to meet up at Ghiradelli's Thursday night before AC, or did we find that too many people had late dinner ressies to do that? Just checking...

disneydeb
09-27-2007, 06:11 PM

If you want one go to avatars, click on the Intercot option (there is only 1 available at this time) and save it, but like stated before your custom avatar is gone.
Congratulstions on 4K :thumbsup:

Hi, good to see you again!

I had one of our members, Noahs Helper, send me the link to his web site with all his fantastic photo's of his balloon ride two years ago and they were breath taking.

I only wish we could skip Thusday. I've got to go with my Mom and speak to her Doctor about her care. Wish us luck ?

Hope your mom is doing great! :pixie:

By the way, Big Bro, how's your big toe?

Just wanted to zoop in and say that our single digit dance :dance: starts today. Sorry Di, but I am sure you will give it everyone before your trip to DL!

So who wants to meet before all the Intercot festivities begin?sort of a pre-meet meet?
We soon begin our single digit dance, too!:thumbsup:

pogo
09-27-2007, 06:15 PM
He started to do the reports in 2005 -- but only got 3 days in.... Brian's strength lies in the photo upload and organization. We compliment each other's abilities.....
Yeah.... I know.... but can you blame me for taking a shot at him ? He's not on here very often. :D

DH is off work with his neck from his accident last week (hey Pogo -if I've already filed paperwork with Aflac can it be updated to show he has missed some work from it after all?)...

Do you have the disability rider ? If so, yes.

What's a Timmies ?

Dh and I had discussed coming up your way for our 15 year anniversary next November (Niagara Falls) but found out that the Maid doesn't run in November... OK..... I got to ask you about this.......... why did you get married in November ?:confused: It's not a common time of year for a wedding.

Well it looks like DH is going to be stuck in Buffalo for another night. You guys must have had some pretty crummy weather! Two planes that were supposed to come in from JFK have apparently not made it yet, so now there are 2 loads of passengers waiting. Hopefully he can get a room at the hotel again! He's exhausted after traveling all day yesterday for a 3 hour meeting this morning. If he can't get a flight, I told him he should find a bar, and get a glass of wine!
Anyone know of a really nice restaurant near the Buffalo airport? I'm sure he wouldn't mind a good steak to compliment the wine!
if I had a little extra notice, I'd go pick him up. We only live an hour drive from there. Let me know how he makes out. :D

pogo
09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Blythe...... I'm sorry I missed saying congratulaions on 4K. Soooooooooooo

:congrats:

Hope your mom is doing great! :pixie:

By the way, Big Bro, how's your big toe?

It's all good, Sis.... all good. :thumbsup:

OK...... who hid my question ? :D

alpro2
09-27-2007, 06:36 PM
You could have had lunch with a certain fabulous JQ lady. Where was your meeting?
Natalie? But she is in WDW. ;) My meeting was close to the airport....Just down the street from Parmalat (Lone Oak Court).

Sorry Blythe. I was away for a while. Your milestone would not have gone unnoticed if I was on watch (last time I leave the store to Pogo).:D

What's a Timmies ?

Couldn't you figure out that Timmies is Tim Hortons, eh? I posted that right after Brian's post.

ElenitaB
09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Is everyone still wanting to try to meet up at Ghiradelli's Thursday night before AC, or did we find that too many people had late dinner ressies to do that? Just checking...

sort of a pre-meet meet?
Can I tell y'all how excited I am to finally meet you!?!?

Among all of you staying home, who wants to receive the pics to share with the rest of our at-home JQ crowd? (I'll take pics with my cell phone and would be glad to send them along.) Send me a PM with your e-mail addie if you're interested in taking on the task. I'll try to post pictures every night but won't guarantee it (the connections can be mighty sloooooo-o-ow at WDW).

I still haven't bought DS' ticket but as soon as my grass is greener, I will.

Deb, how's the grandbaby? Pogo, how's the toe? Jasper, how are you doing? Nat, thinking of you!

Later, all! Tomorrow I'm back to the big City for more medical "stuff." And Monday, I will officially be in my new rank, as promotions take effect on October 1. :D

Tink&Goofy
09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
If I had a little extra notice, I'd go pick him up. We only live an hour drive from there. Let me know how he makes out. :D

Well they finally cancelled his flight. He is with another guy from work, and they are both headed back to the hotel they were at last night. He is supposedly on the 6:40am flight in the morning. I don't think he'll mind a night in full control of the remote :D and not having to watch Disney channel with the kids!

DD is slowly getting over the migraine - but I can still see in her eyes that she is not quite herself. That will teach her not to skip the daily meds she is supposed to take!!

So - are there plans for a pre-meet meet? We are arriving EARLY the 11th (Thurs). We may be totally wiped out by evening - but would love to try to get together - at least for a short time!

disneydeb
09-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Among all of you staying home, who wants to receive the pics to share with the rest of our at-home JQ crowd? (I'll take pics with my cell phone and would be glad to send them along.) Send me a PM with your e-mail addie if you're interested in taking on the task. I'll try to post pictures every night but won't guarantee it (the connections can be mighty sloooooo-o-ow at WDW).

I still haven't bought DS' ticket but as soon as my grass is greener, I will.

Deb, how's the grandbaby? Pogo, how's the toe? Jasper, how are you doing? Nat, thinking of you!

Later, all! Tomorrow I'm back to the big City for more medical "stuff." And Monday, I will officially be in my new rank, as promotions take effect on October 1. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting you too!
Grandson is doing very well. His fever went down on Sunday and when DD took him to the pediatrician he had no signs of an ear infection. So I guess Dr. Deb ain't all she's cracked up to be, huh? :D

How is Ben's foot ?
How are you ?

And Pogo.... how's it going? So glad to hear you mother is doing well.

Blythe, how are the moms and babies? (can you tell I have job envy?)

Jenn, when are you guys leaving ?

Carol and Christine, when will we see some more house pictures?

Mikki, I saw a tee shirt at Wal-Mart with Figaro on the front and I thought of you. How many hours before you leave now?

Alex, are you getting your legs waxed before the tennis match?

Ken, where is this tennis camp?

disneydeb
09-27-2007, 09:02 PM

I think we are ll going to try to meet there before anyone goes to AC
I'll be there as soon as I can after Fantasmic.:thumbsup:

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Dsnygirl
09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats, Blythe! Should we celebrate at WDW?
Absolutely!! :mickey3:

Everybody ready for Friday?
You betcha!! Lots of running around to do, but hey - at least the time goes by faster that way!! (Not that I want to neglect enjoying Fri and the wknd, but I am doing everything I can to make the next 13 days go by AFAP!! :D)

Whew! That was a whirlwind trip today! Canton was FABULOUS! October and March are my two favorite times to go. All the good vendors are there and the holiday stuff is fantastic! I didn't buy TOO much, but I did do a good showing to honor my civic duty and help support the economy!

Blythe, congratulations on 4K!

Thanks!!

I'm planning on performing that same civic duty at WDW... :thumbsup:

I'm still up for it -- our ressies are a 6pm, so we will be around!! :D

Sorry Blythe. I was away for a while. Your milestone would not have gone unnoticed if I was on watch (last time I leave the store to Pogo.
You are forgiven -- will you buy me a Kungaloosh at AC instead?? :D

Among all of you staying home, who wants to receive the pics to share with the rest of our at-home JQ crowd? (I'll take pics with my cell phone and would be glad to send them along.) Send me a PM with your e-mail addie if you're interested in taking on the task. I'll try to post pictures every night but won't guarantee it Later, all! Tomorrow I'm back to the big City for more medical "stuff." And Monday, I will officially be in my new rank, as promotions take effect on October 1.
Ditto!! :yay:
You're going to have to show me how to do the cell phone picture upload/e-mail thing - we just got new phones (honestly -- today!!) and it's the first time I've gotten a camera phone. I can send some, too --
Good luck in the city tomorrow w/ your dr stuff -- and what is your new rank going to be??? Will we have to call you Ma'am??

Well they finally cancelled his flight. He is with another guy from work, and they are both headed back to the hotel they were at last night. He is supposedly on the 6:40am flight in the morning. I don't think he'll mind a night in full control of the remote :D and not having to watch Disney channel with the kids!

So - are there plans for a pre-meet meet? We are arriving EARLY the 11th (Thurs). We may be totally wiped out by evening - but would love to try to get together - at least for a short time!
Sorry to hear about your DH's travel plans... getting stuck stinks -- but like you said -- having the remote to himself might just be worth it!!
As far as pre-meet plans, we've talked about meeting at Ghiardelli's in DTD around 9pm, and then meeting later at the AC on PI.... I'm sure more PM's about it will start soon! :thumbsup:

Deb - the moms and babies are good - I had a rather fast delivery last night, and one of my friends delivered before I got there, so I got to see her and their new baby, so that was great!!

Caroleh
09-27-2007, 09:52 PM

:haha::funny::rotfl:

How was everyone's day today??

:congrats: Blythe on 4K!!!

;) My meeting was close to the airport....Just down the street from Parmalat (Lone Oak Court).

Hey, you were close to me..I live just down the road from the airport, depending on the traffic and who's driving about 10-20 minutes. If I didn't have to work I would've popped in to say :hi:

I drove past the house tonight and the bricks are up. They just need to put the siding on the top floor. I just told the DH about it, so he wants to go on Sunday. You can expect pictures then!!!

Did everyone have a great day today?

Dsnygirl
09-27-2007, 10:30 PM
I drove past the house tonight and the bricks are up. They just need to put the siding on the top floor. I just told the DH about it, so he wants to go on Sunday. You can expect pictures then!!!

Carol, that is so great!! It must really seem like it's getting close!! Can't wait for the pictures!!

Today was a good day, all-in-all... a little crazy w/ all the running around, and Quincy just put three holes in Dan's new pants, so he's in the "doghouse" and Dan's not too pleased... but otherwise, we're all safe from the rain outside and tucked in for bed - so it's good! :thumbsup:

How is everyone else? Any special Friday plans out there? Mikki, are you packed yet??

pogo
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Couldn't you figure out that Timmies is Tim Hortons, eh? I posted that right after Brian's post.Couldn't you figure out I needed a question, eh ? :blush:

At least he is safe and has a chance to run up his expense account ! :thumbsup:

And Pogo.... how's it going? So glad to hear you mother is doing well.

Blythe, how are the moms and babies? (can you tell I have job envy?)

Jenn, when are you guys leaving ?

Mikki, I saw a tee shirt at Wal-Mart with Figaro on the front and I thought of you. How many hours before you leave now?

Alex, are you getting your legs waxed before the tennis match?

Ken, where is this tennis camp?
Wow..... Sis...... why are you using all your questions in one post ? :confused:

Can't wait to meet everyone!
You are NOT meeting everyone. :pout:

Pretty good day today. We got rain..... and do we ever need it ! :D

I miss Natalie. :(

Beast_fanatic
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Congrats on 4K, Blythe! :yay:

Are all your plans posted in the pre-trip report? I'll try to sneak over there and read it to see if anything is in line with our plan (we arrive VERY late next Friday!). And, we're also staying at POR, so we ought to at least run into each other at some point. :thumbsup:

As far as I know, we're still on for trying to meet up.

And Monday, I will officially be in my new rank, as promotions take effect on October 1. :D

A promotion? Congratulations! Does it mean more moolah? :D

disneydeb
09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow..... Sis...... why are you using all your questions in one post ? :confused:

Not yet, but someday! And I can hardly wait until I get to meet you! Guess what! I found out my sister has cousin-in-laws in Rochester!
It's a Small world isn't it? Should I sing the song now?:D

Caroleh
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM

Does she have your shoes? :D You know your hot pink cross trainers, or was it Alex that took them?

Has anyone noticed my number change, also?

Riri529
09-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes, you should have zooped in sooner. I have seen your game. :D

I was hoping you didn't notice that I "borrowed" your pink skirt and green tube. Oh, and I also "borrowed" your fuscia high heels. :blush:

I wondered where they were. Alex, didn't I tell you to lay off the high heels? You don't want to get bunions and spoil those gorgeous feet!!

Not quite joyful, but certainly better then "uptick"!

Blythe,
Congrats on the 4K

:cheer::congrats:

Looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple weeks!

Beast_fanatic
09-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Congrats on 3K, Carol! :yay:

Is it time for bed? I'm sleepy...

disneydeb
09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Carol, congratulations on 3K! :thumbsup:

Do you want to hear me sing?

Christine
09-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Good evening all...

I had bunco tonight...lost again, but this time was the BIGGEST loser so I won my $5 back! :woohoo:

(Did anyone notice my number change? I was at 4493 and now I'm at 4494! :D )

dlpmikki
09-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm looking forward to meeting you too!

A Figaro T-shirt? I'm going to have to visit a Walmart! No idea how many hours - hopefully enough to get everything done as I still haven't started packing!

(
Everyone worth meeting she is...... ;)

Congrats to Carol and Blythe on their ever increasing numbers :D

alpro2
09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Carol - is their something different about you? Oh, you hit 3,000! Congrats. Now can you bring me some Timmies? Pleeease! :D

Originally Posted by pogo

Will you miss ALL of us too in a couple of weeks?

disneydeb
09-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Alex and Mikki,
:thedolls:! are going to get you for teasing my big brother like that! :D

Mikki,
Figaro, Mickey and Tink were on display. They looked as if they were air-brushed onto the shirt. They were cute. Look for them if you get a chance. It had a Disney tag on the label in back of the neck of the shirt.
It's Friday ! Aren't you leaving on Sunday?

See you soon!

pogo
09-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Not yet, but someday! And I can hardly wait until I get to meet you! Guess what! I found out my sister has cousin-in-laws in Rochester!
It's a Small world isn't it? Should I sing the song now?Oh Thanks...... now I've got that song in my head for the day.

Let me know when they are coming up for a visit.

Has anyone noticed my number change, also?What number ?

I wondered where they were. Alex, didn't I tell you to lay off the high heels? You don't want to get bunions and spoil those gorgeous feet!!
:haha: You've got to be kidding me...... Alex.... gorgeous feet ? :funny:

Carol, congratulations on 3K!

Please don't.

(Did anyone notice my number change? I was at 4493 and now I'm at 4494! )
:funny:

Everyone worth meeting she is......
You have a mean streak, Dutchess.:pout:

Not all...... no.... not all. :D

Alex and Mikki,
:thedolls:! are going to get you for teasing my big brother like that.
Thanks Sis...... :hug:

alpro2
09-28-2007, 08:03 AM
:haha: You've got to be kidding me...... Alex.... gorgeous feet ? :funny:

Um, I don't see anything funny about that. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
(Did anyone notice my number change? I was at 4493 and now I'm at 4494! :D )

Good one! :D I think Bladder Babe is getting a little frisky. New house, upcoming Disney trip, some bunco winnings....What is bunco anyway?

drummerboy
09-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh, are you GOING SOMEWHERE in a couple of weeks by any chance?

It's Friday!! Everybody excited?

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes, after we ditch the kiddies.

Natalie? But she is in WDW. ;) My meeting was close to the airport....Just down the street from Parmalat (Lone Oak Court).That isn't even remotely funny. You were out in Mississauga -- not Toronto! Tell them next time you want to go into the real city to have lunch with a fabulous JQ babe, OK?

I drove past the house tonight and the bricks are up. They just need to put the siding on the top floor. I just told the DH about it, so he wants to go on Sunday. You can expect pictures then!!!You must be getting so excited!

I miss Natalie. :(Did you need to borrow some shoes, Cousin?

Christine
09-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Good one! :D I think Bladder Babe is getting a little frisky. New house, upcoming Disney trip, some bunco winnings....What is bunco anyway?

I just felt left out! :blush: :here:

Bunco is a dice game that is REALLY fun! But it's mostly an excuse for twelve women to get together once a month to gab and eat!!!

:help: Okay...someone quick tell me what I should do!

Yesterday at Canton, I bought some stuff from a vendor and she didn't have phone line for her credit card machine, so she used the swiper thing that makes a carbon imprint of your card.

Well, I didn't notice until I'd gotten all the way home that she didnt' fill out anything on the slip! So basically, she has my credit card number, my name, my phone number and an EMPTY amount total box!

Would you drive all the way back up there to see about it? I called the credit card company, and they said I could dispute it if she over charged me. But I don't want a long drawn out battle of phone calls!

Her credit card slip has NONE of her info: not her name, number, I don't even know WHERE she is from?? (Lots of vendors come from all over the US to sell at Canton.)

I was awake all night worrying, so I don't FEEL much like driving down I-20, but I also don't want to worry about it any more.

Should I stay or should I go? (Isn't that a song??)

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Personally -- I would go. MOstly because you are moving and you are going away and you don't need anything more to deal with should an issue arise. Is that the answer you were looking for??

Christine
09-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Personally -- I would go. MOstly because you are moving and you are going away and you don't need anything more to deal with should an issue arise. Is that the answer you were looking for??

Yeah, I guess that's probably what I should do. I'm so sleepy and HATE driving (Leeann drove yesterday!), but I guess I'll hit Starbuck's on the way, turn on my Disney MP3, and book it on up.

But what if other goodies find their way into my car like yesterday??? :secret: :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
But what if other goodies find their way into my car like yesterday??? :secret: :blush:
Then you'll have to take them for the team. You go girl!! Are any of those goodies chocolate???

Christine
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Then you'll have to take them for the team. You go girl!! Are any of those goodies chocolate???

Oh, we are SO gonna get along! And of course there are chocolate goodies. But remember, it's 89 degrees here, so I have to eat it before it melts...yet ANOTHER one I have to take for the team I guess! ;)

Well, I'm off to Canton...have a great day all!

Will someone let Mickey :dog: out while I'm gone?

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Another chat fest over night I see.. you guys sure get talkative when the sun goes down...
How's everyone today? I'm still a bit down... my tummy is quite upset today.. hope I'm not catching something...

That would make me Alice? No, I guess that would be the triagular-haired boss. Actually, I think Wally is my hero.

You know - I did learn one trick from Wally.. I ALWAYS leave papers on my desk so it always looks like I'm busy (You know he always carries around so it looks like he's doing something)

Do you have the disability rider ? If so, yes.

OK..... I got to ask you about this.......... why did you get married in November ?:confused: It's not a common time of year for a wedding.

Um, how would I know if we have the diability rider?

We got married in November because he proposed to me in October.. we didn't want a big wedding so we decided to have a 'rush' one if you will to make sure it couldn't spiral out of control...

good luck with all the medical stuff...you are in my prayers and on my mind! And congrats on the promo!

It's a Small world isn't it? Should I sing the song now?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bolt:

Congrats on your number change!

Okay...someone quick tell me what I should do!

Yesterday at Canton, I bought some stuff from a vendor and she didn't have phone line for her credit card machine, so she used the swiper thing that makes a carbon imprint of your card.

Well, I didn't notice until I'd gotten all the way home that she didnt' fill out anything on the slip! So basically, she has my credit card number, my name, my phone number and an EMPTY amount total box!

Would you drive all the way back up there to see about it? I called the credit card company, and they said I could dispute it if she over charged me. But I don't want a long drawn out battle of phone calls!

Her credit card slip has NONE of her info: not her name, number, I don't even know WHERE she is from?? (Lots of vendors come from all over the US to sell at Canton.)

I was awake all night worrying, so I don't FEEL much like driving down I-20, but I also don't want to worry about it any more.

RUN!! Do not walk and find that lady! Make sure the credit card company documented for you how much the bill was suppossed to be... a dispute could be ugly as she could claim you bought more than you are saying and so that's why the charge is higher... so RUN!!!

Did I get a question in anywhere?

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM

Oh, we are SO gonna get along! And of course there are chocolate goodies. But remember, it's 89 degrees here, so I have to eat it before it melts...yet ANOTHER one I have to take for the team I guess! ;)

Did someone mention chocolate? I knew I liked you two for a reason! You know.. I'll be working at a CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL tomorrow morning from 9:30 until 12:00. It's at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Ohio if you wanna come visit! Every type of chocolate known to man will be there! Several chocolate fountains... YUM! Me and DH will be supervising the "Bounce House" for the kiddies... we did it last year and it was fun! Luckily it'll only be about 78 degrees so it'll be nice and comfy there... so, when should I expect you guys?

Caroleh
09-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Carol, congratulations on 3K! :thumbsup:

Please do!!! A request..It's a Small World? Do you think we could drive Pogo crazy?

That isn't even remotely funny. You were out in Mississauga -- not Toronto! Tell them next time you want to go into the real city to have lunch with a fabulous JQ babe, OK?

You must be getting so excited!
Did you need to borrow some shoes, Cousin?

Ummm, Sister, there is another fabulous JQ babe out this way, too!!

I am. I about jumped out of the car when I saw it!!! Now I wonder how soon I can go in and start measuring for my curtains!!

That's what I was thinking also, he needed new shoes!!:D

Dsnygirl
09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Congrats on 3K, Carol!! How did I miss that???

Looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple weeks!
What about the legs?? He says those are his in his avatar... are you sure he didn't get them from wearing the high heels??? You know how good they are for the calves... :D ... you wouldn't want to give up the legs for the feet...

Ditto!! :)

(Did anyone notice my number change? I was at 4493 and now I'm at 4494!)
:laughing:

Well, I'm off to Canton...have a great day all!

Without me??? :( good luck w/ your unknown vendor... sending some :pixie: that she is an honest one!! Don't fill up your car again too much.... :blush:

How's everyone's Friday going?? Mine's on the fast track - wish I had a little more time to myself today!! :(

pogo
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh, are you GOING SOMEWHERE in a couple of weeks by any chance?

It's Friday!! Everybody excited?
So excited I can't sleep ! :D

Did you need to borrow some shoes, Cousin? Can't I miss Natalie for other reasons other than shoes? :(

Do you think we could drive Pogo crazy?
You've already got a head start on that. :D

ElenitaB
09-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Congratulations, Carol! Thanks for all your posts. :hug:

Good luck in the city tomorrow w/ your dr stuff -- and what is your new rank going to be??? Will we have to call you Ma'am??
Not, Ma'am, please! I feel :old: enough already without that. But you can call me Doctor as I've had that title for quite a long time now, though I never use it (not being a :doctor: or a professor, I see little use for the title. Like my dad used to say, that and $2 and I can ride the subway). My new rank is Associate (my role is Internal Communications Specialist). It's nice to finally be out of the admin rank again... a few years ago I took a cut in rank and role and though I'm not back to where I was, it's very nice to finally be on the road again, so to speak.

A promotion? Congratulations! Does it mean more moolah? :D
Sure does! :cloud9: I'll start seeing it on my Oct 15 paycheck... nice but not in time for our trip to WDW. Don't they know that I need to help bolster the economy while there?

Hope that if you do make the drive, that you find the vendor.

Did someone mention chocolate? I knew I liked you two for a reason! You know.. I'll be working at a CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL tomorrow morning from 9:30 until 12:00. It's at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Ohio if you wanna come visit! Every type of chocolate known to man will be there! Several chocolate fountains... YUM! Me and DH will be supervising the "Bounce House" for the kiddies... we did it last year and it was fun! Luckily it'll only be about 78 degrees so it'll be nice and comfy there... so, when should I expect you guys?
So, does anyone else find it interesting that we're only hearing about the chocolate festival NOW??? We heard about the chili contest for weeks, but the chocolate only comes out one day prior. Hmmmmmm (Love ya, Di)

So what's Nat doing now? What shoes is she wearing?

What's everyone doing for lunch today? I'm having a WW chicken quesadilla (they're good) and a salad.

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
So, does anyone else find it interesting that we're only hearing about the chocolate festival NOW??? We heard about the chili contest for weeks, but the chocolate only comes out one day prior. Hmmmmmm (Love ya, Di)

What's everyone doing for lunch today? I'm having a WW chicken quesadilla (they're good) and a salad.

Hmmm.. you mean I haven't mentioned the Chocolate festival before now???? Wow! How could I have forgotten about the Chocolate Festival? The Festival is hosted by our local Christian Radio station... Dh and I are 'acquaintences" of sorts with the Morningshow hosts and they've done some stuff for our church so we reciprocate by helping them when we can...They have a live radio broadcast from the festival and will have their "Kalidescope" program also.. special guest is Lulu Romans from HeeHaw fame... should be a lot of fun! (Love ya too Ellen!)

For lunch my DH was in the area so he parked his semi in my office's lot and we went to Subway together! (so I had a lunch date!!!! :cloud9:) I got a 6 inch steak and cheese and we shared a bag of Harvest Cheddar Sunchips...

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Can't I miss Natalie for other reasons other than shoes? :(No.

My new rank is Associate (my role is Internal Communications Specialist). It's nice to finally be out of the admin rank again... a few years ago I took a cut in rank and role and though I'm not back to where I was, it's very nice to finally be on the road again, so to speak.
What's everyone doing for lunch today? I'm having a WW chicken quesadilla (they're good) and a salad.Congratulations on the promotion Ellen! :hug:
I had my Italian chicken sandwich from downstairs. It is a really good sandwich. :tasty:

For lunch my DH was in the area so he parked his semi in my office's lot and we went to Subway together! (so I had a lunch date!!!! :cloud9:) I got a 6 inch steak and cheese and we shared a bag of Harvest Cheddar Sunchips...What a nice treat!! How is your DH feeling this week?

alpro2
09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
You were out in Mississauga -- not Toronto!
Mississauga, Toronto - it's all the same, isn't it? Look, all I know is that I flew into Toronto, and I only drove a couple of miles.

Ever fly into Cincy? You really are flying into Kentucky. :confused:

Bunco is a dice game that is REALLY fun! But it's mostly an excuse for twelve women to get together once a month to gab and eat!!!

Good thing it's only once a month. :D

What about the legs?? He says those are his in his avatar... are you sure he didn't get them from wearing the high heels??? You know how good they are for the calves... :D ... you wouldn't want to give up the legs for the feet...

Great legs, great feet....what can I say? :blush:

Caroleh
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Carol - is their something different about you? Oh, you hit 3,000! Congrats. Now can you bring me some Timmies? Pleeease! :D

Double Double or an Ice Cap?

I went to Applebee's with my best friend,(that just bought 6 Christmas stockings and an original design quilt) we had a chicken wrap and Mexi-Ranch salad.

Congratulations, Ellen on the promotion!!!

pogo
09-28-2007, 02:35 PM
My new rank is Associate (my role is Internal Communications Specialist). Congratulations ! What does an Internal Communications Specialist do......:shrug: talk to themselves ? :D
Originally Posted by pogo:
Can't I miss Natalie for other reasons other than shoes?
No.
Why not ? :confused:

Great legs, great feet....what can I say? :blush: Big HEAD ! :D

I went to Applebee's with my best friend,(that just bought 6 Christmas stockings and an original design quilt) we had a chicken wrap and Mexi-Ranch salad.Sounds yummy ! :D

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 03:14 PM
No.
Congratulations on the promotion Ellen! :hug:
I had my Italian chicken sandwich from downstairs. It is a really good sandwich. :tasty:
What a nice treat!! How is your DH feeling this week?

Dh is feeling a bit better... he was off work yesterday cause he was in quite a bit of pain... he got in just over 8 hours today and was done cause his shoulders/neck are hurting.. hopefully after a restful weekend (well, minus the time working the bounce house at the chocolate festival he'll be able to recoup and recover.. Thanks for asking!

You must really love that chicken sandwich..any chance you can fed ex one to me?

Great legs, great feet....what can I say? :blush:

Hmmm... can you say.."Great big ego"? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Why not ? :confused:
The "Mom" answer would be "Because I said so!", the Cousin answer is "Because I said so!" ;)

You must really love that chicken sandwich..any chance you can fed ex one to me?I want to learn how to make them.... it's something they do with the onions and peppers (I'm a sucker for onions and peppers!) ..... I honestly almost always bring my lunch because I figure why pay for something I can make much better myself.... It is not the case with this chicken sandwich! I wish I could. Maybe Frankie could set up surveillance? :spy:

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I want to learn how to make them.... it's something they do with the onions and peppers (I'm a sucker for onions and peppers!) ..... I honestly almost always bring my lunch because I figure why pay for something I can make much better myself.... It is not the case with this chicken sandwich! I wish I could. Maybe Frankie could set up surveillance? :spy:

Or you could always get a job there and just last one day.. you know.. long enough to learn their secret to the onions and peppers...

Hmmm..... need a question... um, Hey Pogo.. how's the big toe? :D

pogo
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
The "Mom" answer would be "Because I said so!", the Cousin answer is "Because I said so!" ;)

Wow...... treating me like one of the kiddies ? :cool: Does that mean you'll pay my way to WDW next April ? :confused:

Hmmm..... need a question... um, Hey Pogo.. how's the big toe? :D:nono: That's my Lil' Sis's question. You have to come up with one of your own ! :D

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going fishing and might not get back here until Sunday. Behave Ladies.... especially you, Dutchess !!!!!! :D

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
:nono: That's my Lil' Sis's question. You have to come up with one of your own ! :D

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going fishing and might not get back here until Sunday. Behave Ladies.... especially you, Dutchess !!!!!! :D

Um, I believe her question is "Hey bro, how's the big toe".. so TECHNICALLY I did come up with my own! Besides.. I'm very worried about your poor little piggie.. I know it's gotta be hurting and we just can't have poor Pogo in pain.. now can we?

Hmmmmm... it takes you that long to catch a fish? Well.. hope you have a great time fishing! And remember - Mikki is leaving us on Sunday...

In case I don't get back on here.. Mikki - have a safe and magical trip! Take lots of pictures! And don't let Figaro be alone with Alex! :D

Riri529
09-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Congrats on 3K, Carol!! How did I miss that???

Alex, you should call Lloyds of London and check your policy to see if it covers bunions! Mary Hart says that hers does.:D

Congrats on the promotion Ellen!
I made my own version of quesadilla today-chicken cutlet, grape tomato and two cheeses--mmmmmm ( but probably quita a few points!)

Big HEAD ! :D

Hmmm... can you say.."Great big ego"? ;)

Well, I guess I'd have to agree. ;)

So is anyone else looking forward to this wonderful Fall weekend as much as I am?

Dsnygirl
09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I got a 6 inch steak and cheese and we shared a bag of Harvest Cheddar Sunchips...
Not fair... I'm drooling here... I had an apple and a cheese stick!! :(

Great legs, great feet....what can I say?
You can say you've got two weeks until we see if the words add up.... :D

Big HEAD !

:rotfl: :funny:

So is anyone else looking forward to this wonderful Fall weekend as much as I am?
Nope - whatcha doin'??
We're just heading out to Buffalo first thing in the AM to stay w/ my MIL for the day & overnight... a close friend of Dan's family is up from SC for the week, and we'll be out at her daughter's visiting for the day and bbq'ing. Plus, they have horses - :) - so maybe Julia and I will be able to ride! :cloud9: Other than that, we'll just be doing stuff around the house when we get home on Sunday - nothing too exciting for us this wknd.

What's everyone else going to be up to? Pogo, where are you fishing?