PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Tickets

iDisney
09-22-2007, 12:05 AM
We are going to WDW in January (111 Days!:number1:) and I wanted to surprise my mother with tickets to the Cirque du Soleil show but was wondering if the Front and Center tickets were worth $112. What is everyone's opinions on the show's seating arrangements? We could go on the day we arrive, but our flight doesn't get in until 6:10 pm, so that leaves us with the 9:00 pm showing. Would that give us enough time to get our luggage, rental car (pre-booked), check into our resort (get tickets, etc.), and get to the show by 9? If we were to miss it, could we get a refund? Thanks!

Here we go again...
09-22-2007, 12:47 AM
I have been to LaNouba 2 times and have also seen 2 other Cirque shows.
The very first one we saw was in Biloxi and we had seats right in the front. If you have ever seen any of their shows you know there is a lot going on at one time. We found that when we were close we felt like we missed some of the action.... like we were constantly having to look left, then right, then up, then down... you get the picture.
When we saw LaNouba for the first time we sat in the first row of the second level. We felt like those seats were much better. We did not feel like we missed anything and could take it all in without feeling overwhelmed.
What ever you decide to do I think you will love the show.

Piglet822
09-22-2007, 02:27 AM
To answer the 2nd part of your question, I don't know personally that I'd risk the 9:00 show with a flight not coming in until 6.
There are too many things that could happen to delay you - late flight, more time than you've allowed to get your rental car, driving to the resort, checking in, etc.
I think you'd be too rushed and stressed - is there another evening you can book?
The show definitely is worth seeing and your mother will be thrilled!!! I second Angel's suggestion of 2nd tier. You'll definitely see more.

09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I also have seen a few of the Cirque shows. One time sitting in the fourth row from the stage and I also have sat in the 2nd tier at the La Nouba one. I agree that the 2nd tier is much better. Do try to get tickets for another day. You don't want to risk running late and missing out on this fantastic show. I doubt you would be able to get a refund.

tiaramom
09-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I know cirque very well-
even making it pastt 3 audutions myself as a peformer. Didnt make the cut though..boo ho..
( many years back).

Anyway:
here it goes-
Soem shows are bette rif seen closer
such as "o" and "Mystere " In Las Vegas
others it doest matter so much. I personally love the make up artistry and costumes- I enjoy the closer seats for that reason alone. Though if you want a great overall viewing of the show a far off seat isnt so bad. Remember cirque has beautiful acrobats and use all the stage from air to flooring- so you wont miss out if far back in seating. If you like the interaction of their actor than closer is better- I also enjoy expression- so being close I can see that up close. I have been to Lal Nouba and loved it-
Alegria being my very favorite of all time- though Lal Nouba is a close 2nd.
Worth every penny. THe songs are amazing - and vocals superb. Enjoy the show- and please save this for a day when the plane wont be delayed- dont risk it- see the preshow too-
Alot of work goes into Cirque- and you can really appreciate all it is at any seat in the house.

Here we go again...
09-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Alegria was the show we saw in Biloxi. We love ot!! My DD still talks about the "Red Man".
He would walk up to her and stop and just stare at her. He was so into character it was amazing. I was glad to see that I could purchase Alegria on DVD when I was at LaNouba.

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
We saw La Nouba and 3 other Cirque shows in the tristate area. You will miss some of the show being front and center. Center is good, but a little ways back, even second tier, would be better. Action is non stop..its above you, sometimes behind you, in front and to both sides of you. You risk a very sore neck by getting front row seats!

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I know cirque very well-
even making it pastt 3 audutions myself as a peformer. Didnt make the cut though..boo ho..
( many years back).

Anyway:
here it goes-
Soem shows are bette rif seen closer
such as "o" and "Mystere " In Las Vegas
others it doest matter so much. I personally love the make up artistry and costumes- I enjoy the closer seats for that reason alone. Though if you want a great overall viewing of the show a far off seat isnt so bad. Remember cirque has beautiful acrobats and use all the stage from air to flooring- so you wont miss out if far back in seating. If you like the interaction of their actor than closer is better- I also enjoy expression- so being close I can see that up close. I have been to Lal Nouba and loved it-
Alegria being my very favorite of all time- though Lal Nouba is a close 2nd.
Worth every penny. THe songs are amazing - and vocals superb. Enjoy the show- and please save this for a day when the plane wont be delayed- dont risk it- see the preshow too-
Alot of work goes into Cirque- and you can really appreciate all it is at any seat in the house.

Thats soo exciting about your cirque auditions! My DD is 13 and competes Junior Olympic gymnastics. She's been to 4 cirques and dreams of making the cut one day. How exciting you got the chance to audition!

bleukarma
10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree with everyone else, I've seen it once and I sat in the front and I felt like I missed a lot. There is so much going on that I think I would've been happier in the 2nd or 3rd tier. However it's still an amazing show and you are going to be happy with wherever you sit! Have fun! :mickey: