PDA

View Full Version : What to do at Poly resort day?

thejens
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I am trying to schedule some time for enjoying the resort since we will be at the Poly. I think my DS9 would enjoy the sea racers (I think he is old enough to drive?) but not sure what the DS4 and DN6 would do. Of course we will swim in the pool. Is there anything else we should make time for? I was thinking an afternoon would be enough time. Any other suggestions?

TammiMcMan
09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
I think my DS9 would enjoy the sea racers (I think he is old enough to drive?)Minimum age to drive the sea raycers at the monorail resorts is 16, with a valid drivers license. For the other locations, I believe they still have the minimum 12 year old age range, in addition to being at least 5 feet tall. The reason being, the body of water around the monorail resorts is much bigger and those sea raycers are more powerful.

SBETigg
09-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Minimum age to drive the sea raycers at the monorail resorts is 16, with a valid drivers license. For the other locations, I believe they still have the minimum 12 year old age range, in addition to being at least 5 feet tall. The reason being, the body of water around the monorail resorts is much bigger and those sea raycers are more powerful.

At the GF, they were willing to let my son drive with a signed parental consent form. He's 16 but without a driver's license. We opted against it anyway, but we were told at the marina that it was possible. My daughter, 14, was too young.

It's nice to enjoy the beach and pool at the Polynesian. A lot of little ones end up digging in the sand, making sand castles, enjoying the pool, just relaxing in the big chairs. There's also the arcade games.

SodaPopMGK
09-21-2007, 09:40 PM
The Poly will give you a newsletter which will have activities available by day and time on the last page. You could rent a larger boat for the entire family or a surrey bike. I know they usually have arts & crafts in the GCH most afternoons, pool games, arcade challenges and my family's favorite the torch lighting ceremony on Tues-Sat. nights at 6:00pm where the fire dancer from the Luau does a short performance. Have a great time at the Poly, my family loves it there!

thejens
09-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for those great tips. I'll try to make the 6:00 torch lighting. Does anyone know if two people can ride the racers (me and 9 year old son?)

Mary Poppins fan
09-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Yes, two people can fit in the sea raycers! We rented ours for the 1.5 hours and switched off between me and DH taking out the kids (DS13 & DDs6).
We spent our first day this past trip enjoying the Poly. The kids spent a lot of time in the pool that day, but the girls also enjoyed the hula lessons and making leis at the craft table. DDs had lunch w/Alice at the GF's Wonderland Tea (maybe a possiblity for the younger kids in your group? ;)) while I enjoyed some shopping!

J.T.Toad
09-23-2007, 08:56 AM
If you are going to spend the day at the pool, I would suggest you gt ther early to get a table in the shade.