PDA

View Full Version : disney quest ???

last real pirate
09-21-2007, 06:10 PM
me and my mom are planning a trip in dec and are thinking about going to disney quest. what should we expect ? is there games we can play together ? will she be bored while i am playing away?

medic9016
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
DQ has gone down hill. We do not even go any more. I was a must on all our trips. Alot of games seem to be broke, missing buttons, scratched screens, or soda spilled on the controllers. The last time we went there was only two internet computers working. It can get very loud at times on certain floors. There are games for all ages. I really do not like that there are handfull of games you must pay for to play after you pay to get in.

jiifigment
09-22-2007, 11:53 AM
We just went to DQ Labor Day week. I didn't have a problem with any computers or machines. Some had been removed, but I didn't find broken ones.

There are some games you can play with other people...Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise are the first two that come to mind...and they are GREAT fun.

If your mom likes being artistic, I'd recommend the Animation Academy. My dd's and I LOVE taking the classes there, and they teach you how to draw MANY different characters in the classes throughout the day.

Cyberspace Mountain you can do with your mom if she doesn't have motion sickness issues.

And even when you're doing arcade type games, you can often get machines next to each other or play two player mode and alternate.

It depends on what type of person she is and how much she enjoys gaming in general. :)

JuicyMoose17
09-23-2007, 08:54 AM
It's not a bad time, but i'de much rather be in the parks

mermaidmarian
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
It's not a bad time, but i'de much rather be in the parks

That pretty much sums it up for me. But I am 44. DS (9) has a decidedly different point of view. So we do it because it is something he really looks forward to.

I really enjoy the animation academy. Most of the simulator rides I just cannot do due to motion sickness. DS LOVES cyberspace mountain. There are lots of old school video games that are sometimes not working as well as at other times. There are also some games that IME don't pass the "PG" test and so we have to stay completely away from that area, which can be hard.

last real pirate
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for the advice. it has been a great help.

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
We were thinking of letting the kids try Disney Quest for the first time after our House of Blues brunch...but from what everyone just described..maybe its not worth it:(..thanks for the info.