PDA

View Full Version : On-site lodging for family of 6

dis-knee71
09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to find a room on site that will accommodate 3 adults (me, hubby, grandma), one 4 year old, and two 2 year olds. Does age matter in the number of persons allowed in a room? As I'm looking it seems like villas would accommodate us but they are DVC and we're not!! Thanks for any suggestions you've got! We're trying for spring 08 for the kids first disney trip.:mickey:

vamaggie
09-21-2007, 06:37 PM
First, :welcome: to Intercot. Feel free to ask questions--the folks here are really knowledgeable (and have given me great info/advice)

I think that you are allowed to have one child <3 in a room but I don't know about 2. My guess is that you would need to get a room that would fit 5 (plus the <3 one). If you are looking into the villas you may be able to rent points from a DVC member. Another thing would be to get 2 rooms at Value resort. This would give you 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. I'm sure some more well informed folsk will be by shortly.

TammiMcMan
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
vamaggie is correct. The first 2 year old would not be counted towards the room occupancy, but the second one would. So you need accomodations for 5. Basically that includes:

Deluxe resorts - standard rooms:
GF
Poly
CR
BWI
BC
YC

Deluxe resorts - deluxe room/junior suite:
WL

Moderate resorts:
POR

Value resorts:
Allstar family suite

Home away from home:
2-bedroom Deluxe vacation villa
Fort Wilderness cabin

You can also get 2 rooms at a value, which may offer you more space and double the bathrooms. In regards to the vacation villa's, you do not have to be a DVC member. Disney keeps an inventory available to the general public. Per their rules however, if you reserve through them, 5 people must book a 2-bedroom. If you do a search for current owners who rent out their units, you can get a 1-bedroom unit as the rules are a bit different for owners.

When you figure out cost, one thing to keep in mind is the additional adult charge that some resorts will add on if you are all sharing a room. For the deluxe resort, it's $25 per night, per adult over the limit of 2. For the moderates, it's $15. If you stay in a suite or home away from home, there is no additional charge.