PDA

View Full Version : seating @ Coral Reef

apequet
09-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Can you request to be sat by the aquarium or do the CM's frown on this? My kids love fish, so this will be a huge dissapointment if we aren't right next to the tanks. We would be a table of 4. Thanks

TheRustyScupper
09-21-2007, 07:14 PM
1) You can always ask.
2) But, remember, a lot of other folks also want a tank seat.

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Get there a little early and request it. You might have to wait a little to get the table but we had no problem getting a seat next to the tank. We went at lunch though at noon. As time went on, it got more crowded. Not sure how much you can see from the second and third level (stadium type seating levels) but even in the booths on the first level you can see everything because it all faces the tanks.

DisneyLuvnNooks
09-21-2007, 11:34 PM
we ate there just last week. We asked about a glass front table, and it was about a 90 minute wait, they were very cordial about it, no frowning or funny faces.
We ended up taking first available, about a 10 minute wait, we were in the 3rd row of tables, no problem with seeing the water, every row is elevated above the one in front of it.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Personally, I think you get a better view when sitting further back. It's a big tank with a lot going on so why confine yourself to a view of just one window?

MsMin
09-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Our first trip we sat right on the tank. We requested it and the response was "we will try" and we got it. It was fantastic. :nemo: Our next trip we were a party of seven and knew we wouldn't be on the tank but went for the food. We were on the upper most row but still enjoyed the tank. While we were not as focused on the tank it could have been that we were so many ppl, the fact we were seated at two tables, b/c we had been there before or b/c we weren't on top the tank. We still enjoyed the atmosphere. Hope you get your "dream" table...

apequet
09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Get there a little early and request it. You might have to wait a little to get the table but we had no problem getting a seat next to the tank. We went at lunch though at noon. As time went on, it got more crowded. Not sure how much you can see from the second and third level (stadium type seating levels) but even in the booths on the first level you can see everything because it all faces the tanks.

I didn't realize it's 3 different level's!! This is nice. It sounds like we should have a decent view anywhere. Thanks!

bigbabyblues
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
DH and I ate at the Coral Reef in Feb. I had hoped for a table by the tank, as we were celebrating our anniversary, but we ended up on the next level up. It was a good view from there. One thing I noticed was that a lot of people were walking right up to the tank, right beside the tables where people were eating. I wouldn't like that, but that's just me.

Jared
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Can you request to be sat by the aquarium or do the CM's frown on this? My kids love fish, so this will be a huge dissapointment if we aren't right next to the tanks. We would be a table of 4. Thanks
Most tables offer a good view of the tanks. If you want to sit especially close to the fish, arrive to your reservation early and ask. Like another post said, many people request to sit in the prime viewing location, but the Cast Members are more likely to honor yours if you beat the competition.