PDA

View Full Version : Departure Day: Water Park visit?

TikiGoddess
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi,

On the last day of my October trip my flight doesn't leave until 5:30. I'm taking ME to the airport, so I don't have to leave until 2:45. I'm trying to figure out what to do for the morning.

I've never been to the water parks but would love to try one! Unfortunately, the parks don't open until 10am, so I would only get in about 3 hrs of playtime before I had to dry off, get dressed, pack up, and head back to Pop Century for the flight home. Is it worth all the trouble for 3 hrs of fun?

TikiG

mermaidmarian
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
We almost always do our last day at a waterpark. We head to the park after check out and bring our travel clothes with us. Quick shower and a change and we are on our way to the airport. 3 hours is not too short of a stay; you can enjoy yourselves quite thoroughly in that amount of time.

Going home day is always hard so we have created this little tradition and it works really well for us. Only difference I can see between our typical scenario and yours is that we have a rental car and drive directly to the airport from the water park, which saves a bit of time.

Have fun!

wire0monkey
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I did this on my last trip and it was great. We packed up and ate breakfast and got to Blizzard Beach at 9:45. We played until 2:00 and then showered and dressed went to the airport. It was very relaxing and just about a perfect last day.

We weren't all sweaty and gross on the plane, either.

Matt's Dad
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi,

Is it worth all the trouble for 3 hrs of fun?

TikiG

I think you have to answer that question for yourself.

What I would say is ... you WILL have 3 hours of fun if you go to the water park ... no doubt about that at all ... and you will not want to leave after just 3 hours.

Now is all the hassle worth 3 hours of fun ... your call.

rnin02
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
We can easily have all the fun we need at the water parks in 3 hours. In fact, I would be surprised if we stayed longer than 3 hours...it gets tiring after a while! My concern would be about packing the wet bathing suit on the way home...make sure you have a plastic bag or something! And I hate the way my hair feels after I've been swimming, that would bug me till I could wash it.