PDA

View Full Version : need to change bad anniversary luck..need a resort just for two!

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
My DH and I are happily married with a long history of bad anniversary karma. One year my Dear Aunt died, another my cat had a stroke, another I was in a car accident while I was 3 mos pregnant (hit from behind) , some bad financial luck around our anniversary, and last year, the results of my husbands MRI came back showing a brain tumor on our 15th wedding anniversary. This year we have decided not to acknowledge our fall anniversary date. At all.
We are planning our first ever trip alone together in 13 years!! No curly, crazy kids in tow! I just started looking today at a stay for 2 over presidents day weekend. Then I realized, Oh my gosh! I can stay ANYWHERE! No squeezing 5 of us into a room! A whole world of possibilities!
Where should we stay? Continue with our usual deluxes we are used to because of our party size..or because its just us two..a moderate? and if so, which one????? Would love suggestions or advice for the two of us.

KylesMom
09-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Eek - what horrible luck you've had! Here's some pixie dust for your trip planning. Nothing will go wrong now! :mickey:

I don't know - if it was just the two of us, I would still prefer to be at one of our favorite Deluxe resorts with a nice romantic restaurant. Besides, you'll want a Queen Bed instead of a double that a moderate would offer!

I would, however, definitely begin planning. The International Builders Show is being held February 13-16, 2008, and usually many members stay for the weekend with their families. Disney was offering up many of their hotels, including Boardwalk hotels, and all I was able to get for my crew last month was the Dolphin or the Swan for the dates of February 13-17.

#1donaldfan
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Since your going on a vacation only and not an anniversary.....and tring to keep up with the it's not an anniversary "theme".....why not change up and stay @ POR on the mansion side.....get a king bed, enjoy the scenary, the quiet landscape and only after realizing you have had a wonderful time, say it was a great anniversary time together....

TammiMcMan
09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
The only way to guarantee a king bed in a deluxe resort is to book a honeymoon suite. If that's within your budget, I say go for it. The garden suites at the BWI are amazing. I've also stayed in one of the large octagon turret suites at the GF and that was definitely once in a lifetime. They all come with club level service, which may be a nice splurge for a special occassion.

Without the kids, maybe you want to still stay local to a park, but stay within a budget. A good option there, is a studio DVC at either BC/YC or BW. That will give you a king bed and jacuzzi tub, without paying the honeymoon suite price. It's also a great location for adults. Lots of shops, restaurants and night life. If you have park hoppers, you can easily slip into the countries of Epcot for a meal or glass of wine in France.

My third choice would be to echo #1Donaldfan. King beds are a bookable category at POR and I think it's a very romantic resort choice.

Here's hoping for a change in your anniversary luck this year.

Tinkermom
09-21-2007, 07:50 PM
A good option there, is a studio DVC at either BC/YC or BW. That will give you a king bed and jacuzzi tub, without paying the honeymoon suite price. Here's hoping for a change in your anniversary luck this year.

DVC studios do not have a jacuzzi tub and the bed is a queen. If you get a 1 bedroom villa you would then have the jacuzzi and a king size bed. :thumbsup:
Beach Club villas (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortGuestDetail?id=BCGuestAccommodationDetailPag e)

TammiMcMan
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the correction Lisa.

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-22-2007, 04:00 PM
For our anniversary (this is the 2nd time we've done this) we opted for a Value resort for a longer stay & this time DH sprung for AP's. Can hardly wait - only 3 more days til we see Mickey again!!:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2007, 06:44 PM
The only way to guarantee a king bed in a deluxe resort is to book a honeymoon suite. If that's within your budget, I say go for it. The garden suites at the BWI are amazing. I've also stayed in one of the large octagon turret suites at the GF and that was definitely once in a lifetime. They all come with club level service, which may be a nice splurge for a special occassion.
Without the kids, maybe you want to still stay local to a park, but stay within a budget. A good option there, is a studio DVC at either BC/YC or BW. That will give you a king bed and jacuzzi tub, without paying the honeymoon suite price. It's also a great location for adults. Lots of shops, restaurants and night life. If you have park hoppers, you can easily slip into the countries of Epcot for a meal or glass of wine in France.

My third choice would be to echo #1Donaldfan. King beds are a bookable category at POR and I think it's a very romantic resort choice.

Here's hoping for a change in your anniversary luck this year.

I never even considered a suite, but the BWI garden suites sound interesting. Can you tell me a bit more about them? Where they are located, what they are like...I saw it comes with club level service...how far is the club level from the garden suites?? Also, I checked the CR for suites, I don't see availability during our dates..what are they like?

cfoshe
09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
DW and i loved the stay we had at the Port Orleans French Quarter. Nice and quiet.

TammiMcMan
09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I never even considered a suite, but the BWI garden suites sound interesting. Can you tell me a bit more about them? Where they are located, what they are like...I saw it comes with club level service...how far is the club level from the garden suites?? Also, I checked the CR for suites, I don't see availability during our dates..what are they like?The BWI garden suites are really cute. They're bi-level and you enter through a white picket fence and garden. They all overlook the middle courtyard area of the resort and you do have to go outside and back in for the club level lounge, but there's a back staircase that's fairly convenient.

I know the CR has a few different suite options. The ones in the wings don't come with club level, but the ones on the exclusive 14th floor do.

If you want to check out Karen's page on Magical Journeys, she has descriptions and links to some photos that you may find helpful.

Here you go, http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Karen/suites.htm .