PDA

View Full Version : Back and missing it... Day 1

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
We got a late start (well, later than I wanted) leaving Tampa area around 8:30. Forgot to get gas on Monday, so I had to stop and get that and of course the stupid pump I stop at isn't working...anyways...lol Got to WDW property around 9:50. Decided to pre-reg for check-in. So I park at WL and am overwhelmed by how beautiful it is. And the little one loved it too. I lugged our bag (over stuffed but I managed to get both of our stuff into just that one), our bookbag, snacks, stroller, and child, up the hill and into the hotel to have them tell me that the computers are down. So they stored my bag, but I had things just sitting in the bottom of her stroller, so I went back to the car and drove over to AK. I should've taken the bus, but oh well. We got to AK and we got to see Baloo and King Louie. She got tattoos (she is sporting Baloo right now...lol). Went into the park, did Festival of the Lion King which I had never seen and she had a fantastic time. She really enjoyed the monkeys. Then we saw Finding Nemo the Musical. Again, she loved it. It was actually really cute, but kinda long. Then we stopped and did pics with Stitch on our way out. And in front of Rain Forest outside of the park, Mowgli is running around... But he was kinda hiding and no one was with him, so I asked his handler if he was doing pics/autos and she said yes of course. I think he was new though. But DD got to see "ogli" as she called him and was very excited. Then we headed back to the hotel and our room was ready. It was about 3. DD was enthralled by the water in the lobby and the Mickey totem. We grabbed some lunch/dinner and went swimming. The pool was AMAZING. The theming was fantastic. It felt like you were in the mountains and Disney at the same time...lol Can't really explain. Then we headed by boat to MK to do some rides and catch Wishes. At the very end of Wishes it started to rain. We popped into a shop to look around and wait it out. Then we headed "home." We went swimming again and we all headed to bed (we met up with a friend) around 11:30 as we were going to get up at 6:30 to get up for the Little One's Magic Hour at MK...

ibrowse17
09-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds like you are off to a great start:thumbsup: WL is a cool resort, and we love to visit it. Have a great rest of your trip, and know that many of us would love to be there right now with you:mickey:

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM
What a wonderful first day! Sounds like your little one is enjoying herself! Looking forward to reading more!

gauvin4
09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
What a great start to your trip!!:mickey: Can't wait to read more!

ChipnDaleGal
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you went at a really good pace for your first day. I am glad your daughter had fun meeting the characters. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a nice day. Glad that your DD is having fun and enjoying the characters! :thumbsup:

faline
09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Wilderness Lodge is a great place to stay! Glad you found time to enjoy the swimming pool there!