PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine Any Feedback?

Terk24
09-21-2007, 09:54 AM
How is the food at Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast and or Lunch? Probably will be eating here in Feb. just lkg for any info. Thanks!

DDuck66
09-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I have never had anything but dinner, but the food was always good for a buffet. You always had plenty of choices and the dessert bar was always extra nice. They would have a few things that were not typical for buffets such as a broiled or baked fish, and some nicer pasta dishes.

Jared
09-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Hollywood & Vine offers a relatively basic, albeit fresh and tasty, buffet. You won't leave thrilled, nor will you be disappointed. The dining selections at Disney-MGM Studios, except for The Hollywood Brown Derby, are poor. At Hollywood & Vine you know you'll get a decent meal.

Like the previous poster, I've only tried the restaurant for dinner, but I imagine the breakfast and lunch selections are similar.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I too have only had dinner at H&V, and although the food was OK (not good, not great, but not horrible either), I found the restaurant to be really loud. I don't know if it was the layout, or the decor, but it was the loudest place we ate on our trip.

So, like other posters, you won't love it, but I don't think you'll hate it either...

NJGIRL
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
We went for the first time last October and liked the food very much. The food was nothing fancy, it was simple choices, things familiar to kids but it was not boring. IMO everything was seasoned to be very tasty. Everything was hot and always filled. We also went for dinner and would do it again on our next visit. One thing we forgot, we had prepaid for the package and the tip was included, well I forgot and left another FULL tip so the meal cost us alot!

magicman
09-21-2007, 11:16 AM
We thought is was a good buffet. That sums it up.

There isn't WDW theming or anything unique about the experience. If you want a WDW magical moment, it might be difficult to find here; however, the food was good.

KarenP
09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I have eaten here a couple times and thought the food was just mediocre.

DizneyRox
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
... Probably will be eating here in Feb. just lkg for any info. Thanks!
It's not too late to find some place else. There are a number of other choices with better food/atmosphere. I would look elsewhere at this point. If you're still searching for a place last minute it's better than going hungry.

mdearmas
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
simple choices...good food! That's about it, if you looking for something ritzy this is not the place try sci fi dine in or the hollywood brown derby. I really love the food at 50's Prime Time Cafe!
:goofy:

vamaggie
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
We have ADRs for Nov for the Play & Dine @ H&V for breakfast. Are they still doing the characters? It sounds like from some of the other posts that there is no "atmosphere"? I am assuming they went for the non character meal?

RALPH
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Ad us to the list of just mediocre. We have eaten there 3 times for the Fantasmic pass. But, last time DW and DS really did not like it and put the kabosh on going again.

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 11:44 PM
We eat there every trip and like it. It isn't spectacular but we liked it. We like the variety of the buffet. We have eaten there for lunch and dinner and both were about the same. We do it mostly for the Fantasmic package. I think the breakfast is still the character breakfast and I hear it is fun. No characters for the other two meals. It is loud but so is the 50's Diner next door which is actually connected and I wonder if some of the noise isn't coming from there because the servers are always yelling in there. We wanted to do our Fantasmic package from the Brown Derby but didn't want to pay 2 table services for it. I haven't found a restaurant at WDW that is worth two table services except maybe the castle or one of the resort restaurants. Try it at least once before making a judgement.

jszczur5
09-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I have never had anything but dinner, but the food was always good for a buffet. You always had plenty of choices and the dessert bar was always extra nice. They would have a few things that were not typical for buffets such as a broiled or baked fish, and some nicer pasta dishes.

That's exactly what I thought after our dinner there. A very good buffet, but I could have just filled up on the salad and the pasta.

Dracula766
09-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Good food
GREAT DESSERTS!

funny story...

We ate at H&V in back in June and we were seated relatively close to the buffet. As I sat there, I saw a server carrying a tray full of drinks walking towards a table who was in the direct path of a girl who decided sprint with a plate full of food while looking in the complete opposite direction.
Needless to say I was unable to grab my camera quick enough to catch the impact.
So the drinks go flying one direction and the girls plate goes the other leaving the floor and the girl covered with stuff.
The interesting thing was that the kid just stood there staring at the server as if it was her fault.

:mad: I wasn't very happy about having ranch dressing on my shoes so i was about to confront the kid and her mom about restaraunt manners but my girlfriend made me behave :confused:

andreallybadeggs
09-22-2007, 10:35 AM
H&V gets mixed reviews. We've had the dinner buffet there 3 times and been pleased every time.
Think it is "good value" (if that is not a Disney dining oxymoron) with many good and not so predictable buffet choices. Our last trip there we were with a family of VERY picky eaters. This was by far their favorite meal As others have said, give it a try once.

crltkcagle
09-23-2007, 11:34 PM
we did lunch there last week. and while my kids loved to meet jojo and goliath and leo and june it just was not worth it. the food was horrid! I thought it was bland and yucky, but that's just my personal opnion.

bibbidiboo3
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
We went last week for breakfast - waffles, bacon, sausage, tater tots, yogurt, eggs, assorted bread and danish, muffins - food was fine in our opinion. We mainly went for the characters - JoJo and Goliath, and Leo and June from Little Einsteins. They were great and the kids were thrilled to see them.
If the kids still are into them on our next trip, we would book another breakfast reservation as it sounds like lunch and dinner are not that great.