PDA

View Full Version : Going 1-3 to 1-10-08 Land Sea SO Lucky -Please tell me about crowds at this time

AbeeNormal
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
The family is so excited but I'm concerned that the parks are going to be flowing over due to the Holidays just passing - Any tips, advice, do's dont's

Thanks everyone - What a great Group:tink:

Mickey 101
09-21-2007, 04:19 AM
You should be fine as far as holiday crowds are concerned because most all kids will be back in school by the time you go. You also miss MLK weekend, but may coincide with the Marathon event.......not sure what the dates are. Whatever the case, January is our favorite time to go due to low crowds. Just remember to bring warm layers, including winter jackets because temps can really be chilly, esp in evening. Have a great trip!!

Melanie
09-21-2007, 05:58 AM
The marathon has little effect on crowds. You are going at a great time. Enjoy! :mickey3:

Strmchsr
09-21-2007, 08:59 AM
From what I understand there are quite a few schools that are still out that week, so crowds may be slightly higher at the start, but should diminish as you go along.

Laura670
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
The marathon has little effect on crowds. You are going at a great time. Enjoy! :mickey3:

My family was there this past Jan 5-12 and it was crowded. I have to disagree the marathon does have an impact on the crowd levels and also the kids didn't return back to school until later in the week because of New Years falling on a Monday but by the end of the week the crowds did start thinning out.

AbeeNormal
09-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I really appreciate the info. I was surprised about needing a winter coat. I guess that will be my next big question "Weather":minnie:

Strmchsr
09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
The weather is variable (yes, it can get below freezing in FL) and there's no way to tell what it will be until closer to time. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central and you can see the exact weather conditions for the dates of your trip for the last 4 years which will give you the best idea of what to expect.