PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for airport in 33 hours....

Donna Griffin
09-20-2007, 10:10 PM
This is my 3rd post this week re: my concern about the weather. Sorry - I am a worry-wort by nature.

I have been following a variety of forecasts and it still does not look good. Chris has been so optimisitic.

Is anyone going to be there 9/22 - 9/29 who is worried about the weather condtions??? Honestly, the weather in Chicago looks unseasonably warm & sunny for next week - better than WDW. I have a friend who lives in Orlando & she said the forecast looks crummy for most of next week. :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

sainter
09-21-2007, 01:55 AM
We have gone to Orlando nearly every year and almost always in fall for many years. We have had a day or 2 rained out in all of those trips. Afternoon downpour yes, not a washout more than 2 TOTAL times. Not that it can't happen, obviously, but...
Unless you are going to cancel the trip, I say stop looking at the forecasts, bring a few ponchos and an extra pair of shoes and just go and ENJOY!! :mickey:

BigRedDad
09-21-2007, 08:22 AM
The way to look at it this point, is to either cancel the trip or go. You can't control the weather. You are going to have a great time regardless of the weather. Don't worry about what can't be controlled and worry about the things that you can control.

Have a great trip.

Strmchsr
09-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I promise. You have nothing to worry about. The tropical storm is moving westward. FL will have scattered afternoon seabreeze thunderstorms every day, but those last about an hour and then are gone. Afternoon thunderstorms are just a way of life in the Deep South, especially FL. You'll still have lots of sun, and it will, in fact, be quite warm. You need to take lots of sunscreen because you will need it. Just relax.

DDuck66
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I live about an hour away along the Gulf Coast and today it is partly cloudy. There is sun shining right now, but there is about a 50% chance of showers. There IS a chance of showers everyday during this time of the year. Just remember to buy ponchos as soon as you get to the world. The rain usually does not last that long.

MickeyandTink
09-21-2007, 02:11 PM
This is my 3rd post this week re: my concern about the weather. Sorry - I am a worry-wort by nature.

I have been following a variety of forecasts and it still does not look good. Chris has been so optimisitic.

Is anyone going to be there 9/22 - 9/29 who is worried about the weather condtions??? Honestly, the weather in Chicago looks unseasonably warm & sunny for next week - better than WDW. I have a friend who lives in Orlando & she said the forecast looks crummy for most of next week. :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Our plane flies out of D/FW in just over 18 hours. I'm not too concerned about the flight, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty wet time. Hope the ponchos work.

Bluesky481
09-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey, look on the bright side :D As long as you're willing to stick it out at the parks during rainy weather, you can expect a huge drop in the already low crowds :thumbsup: Don't forget a poncho! :mickey:

Mommy2boys
09-23-2007, 09:06 AM
:mickey:Hope you are having wonderful weather

LuckyMum22
09-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Rain or shine- I'll be there! We leave Tues evening 9/25 and will be there till 9/30. Can't wait! We'll carry the ponchos but haven't dwelled on the weather. It will be what it will be!
On one of our visits when we were in Epcot, we went into the American Adventure and when we came out it had stormed! We didn't even know it. There are always things to do inside during those afternoon showers! I'd rather be in WDW for an afternoon shower than at home doing yard work in beautiful weather!!