PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Aunts Trip Report Day 1!

grego77
09-20-2007, 08:02 PM
A brief recap of who we are:

Greg - Me
Joanne - My oldest aunt
Ernie - My youngest aunt
Where: Coronado Springs Resort :cloud9:
When: Sept 6-11

This trip was basically to get my aunts to see the magic that is Disney. Ernie had been to WDW literally a couple years after it opened, and Joanne had gone with my sister around 5 years ago...so both weren't all that knowledgeable on literally anything...lol. That is where I came in. I was tour director...and I think I did a pretty good job! Onto day 1.

We left for the airport early on the 6th...and arrived in Boston with no trouble. Oddly, I met the bank manager of my bank...which was kinda funny. The flight felt like it lasted FOREVER...but we finally landed and went to baggage claim...where I found my luggage was NOT THERE! It had been put on a later flight...and of course all my WDW documents were in the front pocket of the suitcase...oh well! That didn't stop us. I told myself I'm in the most magical place on earth and to just **** it up. I did! We had to wait a bit for a bus...but we finally got one, and headed to the Coronado Springs Resort. We arrived, and the CM gave us a room in the Ranchos, which ended up being a good 10min walk from El Centro. I didn't mind it, but my aunts did...they got used to it though. We ordered a cot for me, and they took the two queen beds. We received a towel animal in our windowsill (more on that on Day 2). We then unpacked, except for me, because I had no luggage!, and headed for bus stop 4 to get a bus to Magic Kingdom!
We got to Magic Kingdom, and Ernie was literally taken aback by the castle. She almost started crying! She loved it! We went to Pinocchio Village Haus for a CS lunch and loved it. We went to IASW and offically got the rides started. We then went to Country Bear Jamboree, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Philharmagic:cloud9:. They LOVED the latter, and tolerated everything else, but did NOT like CBJ. Ernie also did AMAZING at the shooting arcade in Fronteirland. We hopped a monorail soon afterwards and headed to Epcot for dinner.
We arrived at Epcot and went straight to Germany for dinner at Biergarten. I LOVED IT! The spatzle, red cabbage, and cucumber salad was amazing...as was the desserts. I didn't dig the sausages all that much. The polka band was awesome! I gave Biergarten an 8.5 out of 10, Joanne gave it a 6 because it was very loud, and didn't like the sausages either, and Ernie gave it an 8. Overall a pretty good success. We finished the day by doing the American Adventure show. I was blown away by the animatronics...way cool. We all loved it.
We took a bus back to CSR and called it an early night.
Highlights for all of us were Philharmagic, and dinner, Ernie LOVED the castle, and Joanne loved the bed at CSR!!
Tomorrow we go to Animal Kingdom to start and LOVE one of their shows...which one? Wait till I write the trip report, and find out then!!! We also head back to Epcot for our 1 and only character dinner at Garden Grill. :mickey:

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a good first day.. hope your luggage finally showed up.

faline
09-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Terrific start! I can relate to how your aunt felt when she saw the Castle!

iheartmickey
09-22-2007, 08:00 AM
What a fantastic first day. I think your doing great as trip director!

Hope your luggage showed up with no problems.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
09-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Except for the luggage snafu, it sounds like a great first day. This is why I always keep my travel documents on my person! That would be something that would happen to me too. I'm looking forward to more reports!

ChipnDaleGal
09-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Hope that your luggage shows up soon. It sounds like you are off to a great start to spead that that Disney Bug to your aunts. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: