PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magic shuttle to resorts

Laughin' place
09-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Im hoping someone can help clear up a question regarding the Magical shuttle that takes you from the airport to your resort, and that delivers your bags to your room.
When I took my sons to CBR in summer 06, we rented a car (a great thing to have, if your budget allows). At that time, we werent eligible to have our bags delivered to the room, as we werent taking the Disney bus, but rather going to CBR via the rental car.
We are going to FW in May 08, but now my little family of 3 has grown to 6. I will need to rent a full size van to transport my darling wife and 4 big boys, and all our luggage. This seems to be a waste, because a mini-van or SUV would get us thru our stay, I only need the big van to transport our gear to / from the airport. The question: can my wife and kids ride the bus/have our bags delivered, while i rent a car and drive it to the resort ?? This would allow us to benefit from the shuttle and rent a smaller vehicle for our stay. Thanks for your input (and patience with this long post).:thanks:

disneymom15
09-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I believe the answer is YES. I've heard others have done this.

CleveRocks
09-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Im hoping someone can help clear up a question regarding the Magical shuttle that takes you from the airport to your resort, and that delivers your bags to your room.
When I took my sons to CBR in summer 06, we rented a car (a great thing to have, if your budget allows). At that time, we werent eligible to have our bags delivered to the room, as we werent taking the Disney bus, but rather going to CBR via the rental car.
We are going to FW in May 08, but now my little family of 3 has grown to 6. I will need to rent a full size van to transport my darling wife and 4 big boys, and all our luggage. This seems to be a waste, because a mini-van or SUV would get us thru our stay, I only need the big van to transport our gear to / from the airport. The question: can my wife and kids ride the bus/have our bags delivered, while i rent a car and drive it to the resort ?? This would allow us to benefit from the shuttle and rent a smaller vehicle for our stay. Thanks for your input (and patience with this long post).:thanks:YES!

It is perfectly OK with Disney for only some of the party to ride the Disney's Magical Express bus. The official word is that if at least one guest per reservation number checks in at the Disney Welcome Center and rides the DME bus (the bus voucher is scanned as you board), then ALL of the luggage associated with that reservation number will be delivered to the resort room.

On the way back to the airport at the end of your vacation, it's a different story. If you are flying a "participating airline," ALL of you can check your luggage with Resort Airline Check-in at your resort (exactly like curbside check-in, only it's at your resort rather than the airport) and then you can get your bodies back to the airport any way you'd like -- there's no requirement to ride the bus BACK to the airport even if you have RAC handle your luggage for you.