PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Disney music - outside of Disney

GrumpyFan
09-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Today at lunch DW and I were out shopping for our youngest (10) son's birthday. While we were in Toys R Us, we heard the theme song from Carousel of Progress, "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". It was not the same version that they play on the ride, the singers voices were different, but it was the same song. Needless to say, we were both caught by surprise about it.

Has anybody else had an experience like this?

DisneyDudet
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't the same thing, but my mother an I will always be caught hearing some old 40's style jazzy music that remind us of BGM at ToT! We'll look at each other, and we'll say... "I feel like I'm at ToT!"

Davyjones
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Are you the only one hearing the Disney music? ;)

IamBelle
09-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I was at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH and they played classic Disney movie songs with different singers. I was like" They're ripping off Disney!"

conorsmom2000
09-29-2007, 06:04 PM
My nephew is a freshman in HS this year and in the HS marching band (his sister, my niece, just graduated this June after doing 3 years in color guard and 1 year as drum major). I asked my sister what the band's half-time show was going to be and she said "Disney"!! I can't wait to get to a football game to hear what songs they are doing! :thumbsup: (and I'm sure the fact that the band will be playing on Main Street in Disney this April had something to do with their choice of music this year!)

So, yes, soon I look forward to hearing Disney music outside of Disney! :D

nicole48040
09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Funny that you mention this......In Aug. my mother and I took my two kids to Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. This park is all Hanna-Barbarra and Nickelodeon, yet twice I pointed out to my mother that they were playing Disney toons......we thought it was very odd and wondered if Disney knew :confused:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-29-2007, 08:55 PM
There is a Nike commercial being shown now with football players, and I could swear that the music is from a WDW area loop, but I can't figure out where it is from.

DisneyOtaku
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
At the end of one of my university's Christmas Gallas, the band started to play music from Spectromagic. I think my jaw hit the floor and I went "I know that! I KNOW THAT SONG!" and started singing as my friends looked at me like I was crazy :blush:

IamBelle
10-14-2007, 08:43 PM
My nephew is a freshman in HS this year and in the HS marching band (his sister, my niece, just graduated this June after doing 3 years in color guard and 1 year as drum major). I asked my sister what the band's half-time show was going to be and she said "Disney"!!

My marching band show last year was" Millineum Celebrations" (I am in the drumline) and I was so happy that I was doing it, because every practice, I used to feel like I was in Disney instead of a football field! The show included the first song in "Illuminations" "We Go On" and then the finale song of "Illuminations" overall, drumline got 5 stars!
(Now, this year, another marching band around our area is playing it, so I still get to hear it when we go to band shows!)

wonderalice23
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
There are 2 mini-golf courses I go to that play Disney music! One plays all sorts of park music and the other plays Yo-Ho, A Pirates life for me at one of the holes. Sometimes I start acting as if I was in Disney and my friends/family pretend they don't know me...lol!:mickey:

Red Randal
10-19-2007, 05:19 PM
For years, one of our most popular (and best) restaurants here in Scranton (Cooper's, if you're wondering) had a pirate motif and played "Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me" over and over in the parking lot.

I also tend to notice Disney music used in background music beds in sports (not too surprising, since Disney owns ESPN.) I'm sure I can think of other examples if I try hard enough.