PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping tip...........

Mnchknbrat1982
09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
We will be in the world starting on Saturday. My question is where should I put the tip each day? I've got envelopes for them just not sure where to put that they will be able to for sure find it!

bleukarma
09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I usually put them on the table in the room. :thumbsup:

Have fun! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
1) It is customary to put maid tips on the pillow.
2) Putting on tables or sinks could be misplaced money.
3) Some maids do not take it, in case the guest forgot it.
4) And tip envelopes might be missed.

KimL
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I always put mine one the table with a little note that says, "For Maid - Thanks so much!" or something like that. I read on these boards that some decorate their envelopes with Disney stickers etc. If you have kids, it's a fun project for them. My tip has never been missed! Remember to leave the tip daily as a different maid can clean your room each day.

Stich8818
09-20-2007, 11:19 AM
How much should be left for them. We are coming down in Oct.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
We always leave $1 per person/per day.

My DD decorates a folded piece of paper, with "mousekeeping" and some disney drawings, and then we put the money inside and leave it on the table by the door.

DD loves this "job" and takes it very seriously...it is actually really sweet to watch her every morning.

#1donaldfan
09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
We just make a small thank you type note and place the money with it......normally on the table or shelf above the sink....never had a problem yet.....

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-20-2007, 12:24 PM
We have always put the tip on the nightstand by the bed and it has always been picked up. We usually leave a $5.00 tip per day. It really depends on you how much you want to leave.
:mop:

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 07:56 AM
We leave $5.00 per day and put it on the shelf above the sinks with a Thank you! jotted down next to it.
When we stayed in the villas at WL we left more $$.. Mousekeeping had that huge 2br villa to clean and we used all of it! They did an amazing job, even left laundry detergent every day at my request. Then we left it on the shelf between the kitchen and the living area with a Thank you! jotted next to it.

ncscgirl2005
09-21-2007, 09:02 AM
We left $1 per person each day unless there was something extra done. We pre-filled decorated "Mousekeeping" envelopes before we left home so that we made sure we had the cash available. I left the tip on the same pillow each morning so they would be sure to see it.