PDA

View Full Version : How bad is it??????

nicole48040
09-19-2007, 11:56 PM
I;m am going to WDW at a busy time of year (Nov. 15th-22nd) and I would just like to know if WDW can still be a GREAT experience at such a busy time (they even extended park hours due to expected crowds). Any tips how to make the most of it? How to best deal with the masses? How to keep children and hubby from losing their minds in the lines???? Any help is GREATLY appreciated:blush:

Here we go again...
09-20-2007, 04:00 AM
We went the week of Thanksgiving last year and loved it. Yes, it is crowded, but you know that.

It was not as crowded as I thought it would be. Maybe it was because everyone was in the Christmas spirit and calmer than usual, or because we waited until late afternoon/early evening to hit the parks.

What ever the reason, it was a great time to go. We can not do it this year, but will be there Thanksgiving 2008!!

tys_mommy
09-20-2007, 07:58 AM
We've only been once, and it was the week of Thanksgiving in 04. I would say it was crowded but not unbearable (the closer to Thursday the more people we saw) but since we had never been before I don’t think we really realized the crowds at all. We had a great time.

Strmchsr
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
WDW can be a fantastic, magical experience no matter what the crowds. As long as you go with the attitude that it's going to be great no matter what you'll enjoy yourself. Since you know this is a more crowded time, go with a plan - know what is most important for you to see - use the Fast Pass system and just take your time. I've been during crowded times and still had a blast. It's all in the mindset.

mousetrapper
09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
We are also going the week of Thanksgiving and are a bit worried about big crowds.

Every trip we've taken has been during a non-peak time. But I must say we have been surprised at how crowded WDW has been during a few of those trips. I think it had a lot to do with free dining. We also heard a lot of people from other countries (especially the U.K.) talking about the fact that they were there because Disney had provided special package deals that were incredibly affordable. (I think that may have been soon after 9/11.)

Anyway, we're crossing our fingers that the crowds won't be too bad - or at least that we'll be able to deal with them without too many problems. Because our kids our older now, we'll be able to take advantage of the longer park hours...plus, since we've "done the World" several times, we know what attractions are "must-dos" for us. And, as always, we'll plan each day ahead as much as possible so we won't be wasting too much time.

All I know is, I'd rather be in WDW with my family and throngs of people than anywhere else! Talk about the ideal Thanksgiving!!
:mickey:

DDuck66
09-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Remember to use the early morning EMH whenever you can. We were at WDW for Christmas last year and we got to do most of the rides and attractions before it really got packed. Usually it started getting real crowded between11:00 am to noon.