PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting WDW Gig

Stan
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I had an interesting photo job to do this past Monday & Tuesday. My client was running an exhibit in the Contemporary Resort convention space, and my job was to take pictures of booth visitors in front of an authentic stage coach. Adding to the interest was western dress-up clothes, hats, and of course guns (not very PC but probably historically accurate :D). For this event the coach operators left the team of (4? 6?) horses at a stable outside Orlando... the coach arrived with some very authentic material stuck to the wheels. ;)

In 6.5 hr of exhibit time I took about 165 photos and DD made about 400 5x7 prints with client's frame and logo... we could easily have done twice that number if we'd been busy the whole time. Toward the end we were doing each other's pics, so the client's rep took my picture (http://www.flmemories.com/Samples/DSC04249Bs.html) and another of DD and me (http://www.flmemories.com/Samples/DSC04250Bs.html). I'm not really that old- it's just the stage clothing. :blush:

When I first started looking for photography work at WDW and other Orlando fun places, I promised myself I'd do whatever I could to do fun stuff around the work. That doesn't always fit, but sometimes I get downright stubborn about it. After show setup Monday AM I didn't have time for anything before exhibit began at 2 PM, and afterward I had to go home right away. So I was dead set I was going to get over to MK on Tuesday.

Tuesday AM I had to meet another prospective commercial client in the CR at 10 AM, we got done around 10:40. Exhibit started at 1 PM and I needed to be there by 12:30 or so... so I hopped the monorail to MK with the goal of having tacos for lunch next to POC, riding something (anything), and getting back in "plenty" of time. :rolleyes: Brisk walking is good for me at my age.

The MK attractions board showed... TMR 15 min !! SpaceM 10 min !!! SplashM 10 min !!! ...did everyone go home after Labor Day? What to do, what to do. It never works like this when I have all day to play. OK... Splash it is. I hot foot it over there and get in line. Nice family from NC in front of me says, "Last time we rode this we got stuck for an hour." I'm thinking, oh, that would be wonderful to explain to the client...

But, all was good. SplashM splashed me good, my shirt stayed wet most of the afternoon but it wasn't too obvious. And the taco place was closed (again)- why? So I grabbed a pizza at the fast food place (now on 4th floor) at CR and took it with me to the booth- back to work with time to spare and not even that winded.

After the exhibit closed Tue at 5, DD felt the need for a sit down dinner and how was I to protest? She didn't have a lot of time to spare (shift at Give Kids the World Village at 7) and I thought we'd have to fast food it. We rode the monorail to GF and asked at the Cafe- table for 2? (fat chance with DDP and all that stuff)- but they seated us right away! We split a yummy prime rib (still plenty for both of us- and I tipped as though we'd bought 2 entrees ;)), service was great, wonderful... :thumbsup:

DD left, I went on back to MK. Rode TMR with maybe 10-15 min wait (posted as 20), had a look at the Frontierland shack I'm trying to get somebody to pose in front of with tuxedos and such (that's another thread)- shack looks just like it always has, tried to get DW a BBQ sandwich at Cosmic Ray's on the way out but they had stopped serving them at 3. :mad:

So I got my DIsney fix but "paid" for it in time and energy.

Beast_fanatic
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know what I thought you looked like, but that's not it. ;)

Stan
09-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't know what I thought you looked like, but that's not it. ;)

Thanks, I think... :confused:

During that whole exhibit time people would pose for me in the western garb, then later come looking for their prints. I wouldn't know which photo was theirs :secret: because they looked so different in their business attire.

Perhaps you thought that since I talk and act like a big kid, I ought to look more like one... :D ...like in this WDW photo of me (http://www.FLmemories.com/B/70920_01.html) from Ronald Reagan's first term. I told you guys I'm an engineer- check out my pen & pencil. At least I wasn't wearing a pocket protector. :blush: DS has an interesting expression- perhaps someone would like to offer a caption?

Of course I have very few photos of myself, even fewer that I like. :rolleyes: Perhaps a decent self-portrait will have to be a priority.