PDA

View Full Version : Solo at Family-Style Restaurants

AvonleaCF
09-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I just got back from a solo trip and am already thinking about going back next year. If I wind up going solo again, would I be able to do family-style restaurants? Has anyone done O'hana or the skillet at Whispering Canyon solo? How much food do they bring out for one person? Would I feel complely stupid eating there alone?

r4kids
09-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I believe they bring food based on your party size. I don't think you would feel stupid but maybe you could meet with some friends that live in FL?

sillyolbear
09-20-2007, 08:21 AM
I've done both solo. They bring out solo sized portions. The cast members were also very nice and I in no way felt out of place dining alone.

AvonleaCF
09-20-2007, 03:00 PM
I believe they bring food based on your party size. I don't think you would feel stupid but maybe you could meet with some friends that live in FL?

I don't know anyone in Florida. I'm trying to convince any of my friends to go, but they either, a) don't want to, b) can't afford it (or would rather spend their vacation money to go skiing), or c) can't go the time of year I'd like to go. So it's hard. I'm a single person and love Disney and am independent enough to go alone, and want to try 'Ohana, but just think I may feel a bit silly (it is, after all, called Family!).

Jared
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm a single person and love Disney and am independent enough to go alone, and want to try 'Ohana, but just think I may feel a bit silly (it is, after all, called Family!).
Don't worry about feeling silly! The Cast Members will be very friendly and accommodating, even at family-style places.

'Ohana is arguably the best restaurant in Walt Disney World. Don't skip it just because you're dining alone!

:tasty: