PDA

View Full Version : Disney visa & 0% for 6 months question...

cperry92380
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Question...
I know that Disney Visa has the "0% for 6 months" for vacation packages, but, is that if you charge the entire package at the beginning or can I still get this offer if I just put the $200 deposit down right now?
Thanks!

MsMin
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I believe that they charge you separate for your disney vacation regardless of when you charge it. I put 200 down and it gave me 200 @ 0% and then the balance when I put the rest on the card (for the points) it was on a different line e.g.
450 & 8% (don't remember the rate:blush:) and 2k @ 0%
I just charged my tickets and will check my statement to see if it's @ 0 when it comes in

IloveDisney71
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
That is a good question. You might need to call them to find that out. I've always paid off my deposit before I've put the rest of my balance on my card. I never even looked to see if I got 0% on the deposit. BUT I know I got it on the BIG balance. I know this probably is not helpful - sorry!

AuntDJ
09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
It has been my experience that I had 6 months to pay off the 200 then whenever I charged the rest I had an additional 6 months for that.

I have not tried multiple increments; ie, 200 deposit, 200 the next month, then 200, then the balance; but I really think that you would have 6 months from the date the increment was put on your card.

Of course I use Magical Journey's so I am not sure how a different travel company should "code" it to get the 0%

Have fun!
DJ

cperry92380
09-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok... thanks for the replies!

I hesitated about calling the Visa folks since I HATE to wait on hold!!!
Anyway... I called them about another question I had, and ran the orignal question by them.
They say that as long as you use Disney to book your package (which MJ does) that you will get the 0% financing on both the $200 and final balance.
Soooo.... just so I've answered my own question!!:cool:

nicole48040
09-20-2007, 12:22 AM
WAIT!!!!!! Put off paying for trip til WDW says you have to. That way your 6monthes starts later and once you pay in full you can't get adjusted in case a better value price is announced. I waited and ended up saving over $800. Just food for thought.:D

mousetrapper
09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
WAIT!!!!!! Put off paying for trip til WDW says you have to. That way your 6monthes starts later and once you pay in full you can't get adjusted in case a better value price is announced. I waited and ended up saving over $800. Just food for thought.:D

I'm a bit confused...

Do you mean that if Disney announces a discount that affects the package I booked, that I will get that discount as long as I haven't paid off my balance? I booked through AAA...will they know if there's a discount or do I have to monitor and inform them?

I am waiting until the last possible moment to pay off my balance with my card. My balance is due Oct. 1 so I'm paying it off Sept. 30!:blush: We also used our Disney Visa for the $200 deposit and I too was wondering whether the 6 mos. @ 0% would apply to both charges (deposit and balance).

cperry92380
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
For the question of whether or not the $200 deposit AND balance will qualify for the 0% for 6 months is: YES, as long as the package is booked through Disney (which MJ and AAA do...) then both will qualify (from the date of the transaction).

For the question about getting a discount if you have or haven't paid in full: if you have paid in full, Disney will give you a refund for the difference for any discounts offered... but I'm sure it would be easier (in reference to getting a refund) to wait and pay the balance once you are at your 45 day mark.

For the question about AAA and Disney released discounts: You will have to monitor for any discounts released by Disney and contact your AAA agent and have them contact Disney directly to have the discount code applied (you can only have ONE code per reservation, AAA OR Disney... not BOTH, be sure your AAA agent knows to have the Disney folks take the AAA discount off of your account IF the Disney discount is deeper and would be a better deal than the AAA.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes, the $200 deposit is also interest free when you book a package. And then when you charge the remaining balance, it is also interest free.

Extras, such as my tix for MNSSHP, were not interest free. It is purchased separately from the vacation package.

Nice perk that differentiates Disney Visa from most other credit card interest free promos: During the 6 mos while you've got your interest free amount sitting there, you can continue to charge other stuff and your regular monthly payments will be applied to the regular monthly charges. (Most other credit cards will apply any payments toward your 0% first, which means any additional charges will sit there and you will be charged interest on them!)

This is a great feature and encourages use of your Disney Visa, allowing you to continue to earn points while you are paying off your vacation balance.