PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Sunday after Thanksgiving

Jeri Lynn
09-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Has anyone flown out of TF Green to MCO the Sunday after Thanksgiving...

It didn't even dawn on me that this is probably going to be a very busy traveling day....

I keep hoping that perhaps it will be busy coming into the airport and not going out!!

vamaggie
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Never flown out of the MA area but you could not PAY me enough to fly or travel the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I have had so many long, bad experiences that I would rather go late Saturday night or wait til Mon am (even if it means missing work/school). Unless there are no folks coming into your airport before T-day, there will be folks going out. I would travel another day if I were you. Just my :twocents:

TheRustyScupper
09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
1) Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun.
2) The American versions are
. . . spitting into the wind
. . . flying on the Sunday after Thanksgiving

berri_boo
09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
I would guess that the Sunday after a major holiday would be very busy...especially if it is a larger airport.

My DH & I are flying out of Stewart Airport in NY th day after Thanksgiving.....I'm hoping that since it is a small airport that it won't be busy!:fingers:

Jeri Lynn
09-21-2007, 07:10 AM
TF Green isn't a huge airport, however I will brace myself for a possible crowd and leave a little earlier.

It never dawned on me when I picked this date, our last two trips we flew either on or the day after thanksgiving and visited with my family in Tampa and then checked into WDW on that Sunday...this time we are flying on Sunday and I didn't think about the possible crowd...:blush:

I won't worry too much, it is my sister, my DD and her BF along with myself...if we have a longer wait through security we will just deal with it!!

Thanks everyone!