PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony

Dyanna
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
We will be getting the fill your own box of My Little Pony accessories for DD when we go next month. How big is the box they give you? Reason is that I am trying to figure out if we can take it back home with us on the plane or should we have it shipped home right from the store. Any info would be helpfull.

csmith157
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. My DD is really into My Little Pony right now. Can you tell me about this accessory box? Is it like the accessory fills for Mr. Potato head and for legos (a certain price for whatever you can put in the box)? Is it at the toy store at DTD? We arrive on Saturday and this would be something I am definitely interested in doing for her while we are there.

I can let you know how big the box is once we get there if you don't hear sooner. We are driving so we won't have to ship anything back this trip.

Thanks,
Connie

Dyanna
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, from what I have read it would be the same type of box as the legos & Mr. Potato Head. I do think it is located in the World of Disney store but maybe someone else here can confirm this. Please reply back when you get the chance & let me know any info that may help me out.

AvonleaCF
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
It's at the Once Upon a Toy store in Downtown Disney (not the World of Disney store). The box is fairly small, but you could cram a lot of stuff into it if you're organized.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
It is in ONCE UPON A TOY, the toy shop in DTD, not in the actual world of Disney store... It is the same concept as the potato heads, fill a box with whatever you would like and be able to close it for a set price... (i want to say it is $18-$20 ish) The box is not very big... my guess is... 4 inches wide by 8 inches high?? You will certainly be able to fit lots of pony pieces in it b/c most of them are tiny... I do not think that there is anything special about the actual ponies they have there, so you could consider skipping the ponies and just getting the specialty Disney pieces. That is what we do with the potato heads... the box will certainly fit in a carry-on or suitcase.... but a warning, do not let your kids open the box once you fill it until they get home.... you will NEVER get it all back in the same way... (guilty of that!)
Another tip, whenever there is a little space in a piece that is hollow, stick something in it!!
Happy Shopping! :mickey:

vamaggie
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Great tips DisneyTwinsMommy! THANKS! I think I will pack a few of those 2 gallon ziploc bags (or even XL ziploc bags) in case the pieces break free( or little--and not so little-hands get into them!). We plan to do a pony box and at least one Potato Head box (as a gift for DD's preschool)maybe 2 so I want to make sure they all make it home. Thanks again for all the info/tips!

DisneyAndRedSox
09-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Toys R Us has a MLP travel case on clearance for $5.99, it looks like a small ballet case. My store had tons left, some near MLP, some in a clearance area and even more near the lunchboxes for back to school. Santa is bringing DD a few ponies for her stocking since they are the same as the ponies in DTD, and I'll bring them in the case when we go in January. Then she can load up the box with accessories when we go in January.

I was told to ask the CM's in the store for help loading the box. I heard they are more than happy to share tips on how to really max it out!

Last 2 times we did the potato head. Before I go, I lay out all the pieces at home and take a picture. My Dad is always the person to load the box of potato head stuff in the store and I just give hime a picture of what DD already has and let him to nuts!

tiaramom
09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
My toddler doesnt care much for the acessories-
but loves those ponies.
So... I fill up an entire box of just ponies.
I add some brushes and stuff too for filler. You can get a lot of ponies in that little box!

Im wondering if they ever change the selection of ponies for season to season or year to year??

pixiesmimi
09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
You can get the ponies pretty cheap at Wal-Mart so we just get the accessories. I did get one pony the last time because after I got all of the accessories, the CM told me I could get more in there. All of the furniture was too big so I just got a pony to finish it off. I wouldn't think you could put very many ponies in the box though. It isn't that big. Don't forget to get 4 shoes for each outfit, not two. I almost forgot that a pony has four feet and had to go back and get more shoes. :) It was $18.

This trip we were replenishing DGS's Mr. Potatohead accessories and there was a gentleman there that was packing the boxes for everyone and he was GOOD! He could get more in that box than I ever would have been able to do.

Mousefever
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I think that the box is approximately the size of a Dunkin Donuts Munchkin box, but may be a little taller.

:dory: