PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown Menu Question

nifty48
09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I have friends that have booked ADR's for the Rose and Crown in November. I thought I read somewhere that the Rose and Crown dropped the Cottage Pie from it's menu. Since I know its one of their favorites I wanted to find out if it is still on the menu. Does anyone who has been there recently remember if it was on the menu?

SBETigg
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
We went at dinner time and didn't see it but it may still be on the lunch menu. Not sure. Sorry.

karenrarintogo
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
They had a vegetable pot pie on the menu as a vegetarian option. Not sure how that is different from cottage pie. The crust appeared to be pastry on the veggie pot pie.

wire0monkey
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
It is no longer on the menu.

The new menu is good, but I miss the cottage pie.

jszczur5
09-21-2007, 12:00 AM
We were there a couple of weeks ago - no cottage pie. Too bad, because that is what my son ate twice last year. I have to say I was quite disappointed with the food at R & C this year, after two fantastic meals last year. The only really great thing is that we had outdoor seats right in front of the railing, and had a spectacular view of Illuminations. It was sort of hard to eat in the dark though.

Dracula766
09-22-2007, 12:10 AM
:jaw:

How could they possibly get rid of the cottage pie?!?!?!

disneymom2000
09-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I had a thread going about this a couple of months ago but couldn't get a straight answer. I guess I will change my ADR for that day to the new restaurant in Italy. That was practically the only thing we ate at the R & C. No cottage pie, no business.

By the way, cottage pie is nothing like a pot pie. It is beef with gravy and carrots, peas etc. under a bed of mashed potato.

mrsgaribaldi
09-23-2007, 08:57 AM
We ate there 2 weeks ago and we were looking for the cottage pie. Since they didn't have it, we had this
Soup and Sandwich Combination
Thin-sliced Roast Beef Sandwich with Horseradish Mayonnaise served with Potato and Leek Soup - $12.99

It was delicious:thumbsup:

Joy2theworld
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
When we were there for Labor Day, I swear Cottage Pie was still on the lunch menu. We were supposed to have dinner there, but were able to get a walk in reservation for Le Cellier, so, we cancelled the Rose and Crown. I was happy when I saw the menu posted and a number of changes since our last trip. My favorite was the Guinness Stew, but they didn't have that anymore either.