PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks in Colder Months??

Wrigley
09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
We are planning a trip for the last week in October/first week in November for next year, and I was wondering if buying the passes for the waterparks would be worth it? Will it be warm enough for us to swim-I know my DD would love to go, but I just don't know if it will be warm enough?

faline
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
At the time of year you're going, you can usually get swimming in during the daylight hours which are generally mild. Evenings can get a bit chilly and might require a sweatshirt.

I've been swimming often in October and even in mid-to-late December.

ibrowse17
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Temp should not be a problem. However, at some point one of the water parks will be closed for a refurb. When that is done, they close the other water park and refurb it. One will always be open, but depending on their schedule, not both. Hope that helps:thumbsup:

MarkC
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
And for us adults, it can be getting a little cool to swim that time of year. The water is fine but if it's only 80 degrees or less it can be quite chilly getting out of the water. Still a great time so if you can afford to add it, you'll enjoy the parks and Disneyquest. If you have kids it's almost a must.

vamaggie
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
We went in 04 at the end Oct/beg Nov and our DS swam at the resort almost every day. We did not get the waterparks option since DD was 18 mos and we knew we would be back at the resort for nap/swim time. We did not want to take add'l time for the waterparks. If your kids are younger or unless they are big waterpark nuts, I would save the $ and use the resort pools (if you are staying onsite).

Mousefever
09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
We were able to comfortably go to Typhoon Lagoon on January 6th of this year! We wouldn't normally have bought tickets to the water parks, but received the upgrade on our park hoppers when our package was discounted (yay MJ!) It was 84 degrees the day we went.

In 2005 we were swimming at the pool during the week of November 9th. The temps were in the upper 70's and low 80's while we were there.

:dory: