PDA

View Full Version : Questions about flying, resort requests, etc.

Buttercup
09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
SORRY - THIS IS A LONG POST!

I am planning a possible trip to WDW in May of 2008.
We already have a 3 year old son who we've taken there numerous times since he was a baby... and this May, we'll have a 5 month old daughter to bring as well!
I have a few questions however.
We usually drive down from our home in Ontario - which makes it easy when you're bringing a ton of baby paraphrenalia, but we're really considering flying this time. It's been about 5 years since I've flown on the plane, and I know they've changed regulations about liquids and stuff...

1. Can I bring baby bottles of liquid formula on the airplane in my carry-on for the baby?
2. What about powdered baby cereal in my carry-on? (In case Magical Express doesn't deliver luggage for a while after we're at the resort)
3. Is it okay to pack a sealed jar of powdered baby formula, a box of powdered baby cereal, and possibly a few jars of baby food in my checked suitcase? Or is that violating something?
4. How do you go about checking a stroller planeside? I've heard many people do this, but I don't fully "get it".

Now for a question about the resort.
We are planning on staying at Pop Century, and would need a fridge in our room for the week. How much is that per night?

Thanks in advance everybody!:mickey:

disneymom15
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I would go on the website for the airline you plan on using. They will have a listing on what you can and can not carry on. Sorry, I can't answer your fridge question.

faline
09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if the rules for airline travel vary some in Canada. Here's the official rules from U.S. TSA (http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/travelers/index.shtm).

They do make allowances for the needs of babies. Just be sure to read through so you understand what you can and can't bring.

When you gate check a stroller, you bring baby in her stroller right to the gate. Let the attendants at the desk know you want to gate check your stroller and they will provide you with a tag for your stroller. When it's time for you to board, wheel your stroller down the ramp, right us to the door of the airplane. There, folks will take your stroller from you and stow it below the plane.

When you arrive at your destination, you will pick up your stroller right outside the door to the plane (on the ramp).

Lexi'smom
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
The fridge would be $10.00 per day.