PDA

View Full Version : Like these choices...if not, what?

maizey05
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Ok, so I'm planning to book a trip for myself, DH and DS (will be 12 months then). I haven't yet made ADR's, but before doing so, would like some feedback. I plan to make them for Raeglan Road, as we love the food there. However, I'm thinking about trying these this time: Boma, San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown

How are they? We plan to be in all the parks, at some point, so it doesn't matter where we eat. Suggestions please, if my choices aren't great.:mickey:

Natazu
09-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Your choices are great. But, as I'm prone to do, I'll make some suggestions anyway.

Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants:
7. 'Ohana
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Wolfgang Puck Café
3. Kona Café
2. Narcoossee’s
1. California Grill

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Your choices are great. But, as I'm prone to do, I'll make some suggestions anyway.

Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants:
7. 'Ohana
6. Le Cellier
5. Marrakesh
4. Wolfgang Puck Café
3. Kona Café
2. Narcoossee’s
1. California Grill

Interesting that you have Marrakesh that high. We did it in 2005 (only time) and I left with a pretty average opinion of the food. The ambiance and entertainment were great, but the kabobs were overcooked and dry, and nothing we had stood out. On the plus side we are doing #6&7 on your list for the 1st time when we go back down in Nov. I'm trying to convince my DW to do Kona as well, but as we are already doing Ohana she wants to try something in a different location.

Natazu
09-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Interesting that you have Marrakesh that high. We did it in 2005 (only time) and I left with a pretty average opinion of the food. The ambiance and entertainment were great, but the kabobs were overcooked and dry, and nothing we had stood out.
I've heard of some issues with dry/overcooked food at Marrakesh. We've been about 10 times and always had top shelf food. Kabobs are easy to overcook so it doesn't surprise me that they blow it from time to time. We've had good luck out of the lamb though.

disneymom2000
09-20-2007, 06:14 AM
I would stick with your choices. That is the best thing about Disney - you have so many choices and none of them are wrong. I am trying three new restaurants the next time I am there so I can get a well rounded experience of them all in time. Rose & Crown is one of my all time fav's so I do it everytime. I have heard nothing but raves about Boma. I think you did good.:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
09-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Those sound very nice :) and I think you are wise to avoid a character meal with a 12 month old. You just can't know yet how he would handle it and there is little worse than being at the Crystal Palace with your baby who is freaking out when you had such high hopes for a magical experience! LOL