09-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Cast of Characters:

DH: Fred
Me: Julie
DD: Morgan
DD: Madison

August 26-September 3
Port Orleans Riverside

Today is our last day in the parks.::( So we are going to do it up today!! Magic Kingdom! Bright and Early. We get there for the opening, and head right over to Space Mountain. Fred gets out of going on, siting a back injury :confused: so I take the girls, and we get Fastpasses for the next journey. We do two rounds of Buzz, another ride on the TTA, a stop at the Laugh Floor, and a first ever... Carosel of Progress, which we all really enjoyed. I haven't been on that attraction in years. It was time for our Fastpass for Space, and feeling like we completed Tomorrowland, we head over to Fantasy Land. In Fantasyland we hit Pooh, IASW, Peter Pan, and had lunch at Pinocchio's Haus, which was delicious. I made sure that I got another showing of Mickey's Philharmagic:thumbsup: In Liberty Square we were feeling the Florida heat, so Fred thought it would be a good day to catch the Hall of Presidents. The show started in 15 minutes, so I left the troops in the cool airconditioned lobby, while I went to Big Thunder to grab Fastpasses for later. The Hall of Presidents was actually really good, but we had our family hysterical moment in there. I tried so hard, but the seats were comfy and it was cool, and I was tired and I fell dead asleep. Apparently I was snoring a little (or maybe a lot) and Morgan poked me and told me to keep it down, which brought on Fred's start to the hysterics. Feeling refreshed after my Hall of President's nap, we grabbed a great spot in Liberty Square for the parade. There were no princesses in the parade today. I thought that was odd. After the parade, I made a quick dash in the Christmas shop in Liberty Square. Very Cute stuff. I made a small purchase of these cute Mickey candle holders. For my next trip, when I'm settled in our new home, I will do some damage.
It was time for our Fastpass at Big Thunder, and we all had a great trip! The lines for Splash were out of control, 70 minute stand alone and we had 8 trips into the Briar Patch this trip, and Fred I didn't feel like being soaked for the rest of the day, so sadly we waved goodbye and moved over to Adventure land. We enjoyed another showing of The Tiki Birds, Pirates was having trouble, but it did open up before we left Adventureland. A Dole Whip was on my mind. I was on :cloud9: with my Dole Whip Float, the girls had ice-creams from a cart, and hey we still had 4 snack credits left. Enjoyed a cruise in the jungle. Our driver was funny. I wanted to see the new Mickey show in front of the castle. The girls and I enjoyed it. Fred went and found a cool spot to hang. It was time to make our way out of the Magic Kingdom to get over to Epcot for our dinner ADR at LeCellier. I get so sad walking down mainstreet for the last time during a trip. I did stop in two shops, but didn't make any purchases. Morgan and Madison of course did.:mickey: On our way out, we all wave goodbye to the Castle and I get a little teary, as I don't know when the next time will be when we are able to come back.
We had a nice ride on the monorail. It was our first time this trip that we took the monorail over to Epcot. We took it plenty from Epcot to MK or resorts. We arrived in plenty of time to enjoy some of Epcot. Soarin' was out of fastpasses, but we did Figment and Honey I shrunk the audience. That's always fun. Girls had some fun in Club Station Cool and Fred discovered the Eddy's Ice-Cream Shoppe. Walked around the World Showcase. I love doing this.
We arrived early to LeCellier and waited about 20 minutes for our table. We had a delicious meal. Everything was perfect. After dinner it was just time for illuminations. A perfect way to end our wonderful trip. It was a nice florida night, and there is a good view of the show from Canada. A sad bunch we were making our way out of the park, but it was now 9:30 and it was closed. The line for our bus was long, and I had packing to do, so we took a cab back to the resort. Thanks Fred!! Once back, I packed up, called Bell Services to put in our 5am request for a pick-up, showered and went to bed for what seemed like a few minutes. Bell Services was right on time, we checked in at the airline desk and off on the Magical Express we went. No problems, what so ever. Our flight home was quiet, and we arrived back to my Mom's (home until 11/2) at 12pm.
It's Labor Day today, and a beautiful day in the Northeast. Upper 70's and low humidity. We are off to a picnic at a friend's house, and tomorrow the girls start school.
We had just a wonderful magical time. We were on the go from Monday morning until Sunday night. I will post my final thoughts soon.
Thanks for all of your nice comments.
I truly love Disney and being a part of the Intercot family.
Julie:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-19-2007, 08:06 AM
You had such a full day! I know we do the same thing ... pack the last day with everything you can possibly do.

It sounds like you all had a great trip. I enjoyed reading all your reports, although they really made me want to be there now and not wait until Oct. LOL!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a terrific last day! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it sounded as though you all had a super trip! I will miss your reports, though!

faline
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
That last walk out of the Magic Kingdom is, indeed, a difficult one!

What a great way to end your trip!