PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Mid-May

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello All,

I'm hoping you can help me with my planning for our trip next May.

We usually go to Disney at the end of August
(22 - 29ish), but DD has begged to be at Disney for her birthday, so we're heading down May 10 - 17, 2008.

I'm wondering what to expect in terms of crowds...is it just going to be crazy? We find late August to be very managable...any comparisons?

Beast_fanatic
09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
I definitely would not expect the crowds to be insane, and they'll likely be similar to (possibly smaller than) the August crowds that you are accustomed to.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Thank You! That is the news we were hoping for :mickey:

Tink#64
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
We've only been in May so I can't compare it to August. We don't think that it's crowded during the 2nd & 3rd weeks,at least not compared to stories I've heard about summer crowds! Last year due to scheduling conflicts we had to wait and go the last week of May. We arrived the Saturday of the weekend prior to the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Wow - Huge difference! Alot of kids were already out of school & lines were quite a bit longer. The crowd grew noticeably all week. By the holiday weekend, resort & parks were crowded (at least by our measures)!

Before the last trip, I think the longest we've ever stood in a stand by line was 20 minutes!This being for the biggies, SM, SPLM, BTMRR, Soarin, etc.

We have no problem pulling DS's (now 10 & 11) out of school for a week, to be able to enjoy our vacation as much as possible. We figure by that part of the school year, all the testing is done, and the kids seem to be doing a lot of busy work. We always let the teachers know weeks in advance, and so far no teacher has ever had a problem with it & never sent any make up work. DS's usually have 2 or 3 days left of school when we return.

I hope your DD has a magical birthday!:magic:

09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
We've been the first week of August and this past year we went May 19-25. The May trip was much better. Weather was nicer and the crowds were lighter. I will never go again in August - way too hot!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the replies...I was worried that crowds had already started to pick up, with the Canadia Victoria Day and then the US Memorial Day Holidays.

DH has already suggested that for future children, we try and plan their birthdates for good WDW visiting times :mickey:

Sounds like I'll be good though...and DD can't believe she actually convinced us to do a birthday trip (although, it didn't really take that much :) )

iheartdisney
09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Another plug for a mid-May trip. This is my hands down favorite time of year to go. Weather - great, Crowd levels - low-ish, hours each park is open - better than other "low crowd" times to go, Spring flowers - beautiful...I could go on and on. You won't regret a trip in May to WDW.