PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with my Reservation at POR!

Scotcelebrity
09-18-2007, 04:28 PM
We leave in 13 days for our Honeymoon and am starting to fear that it is not going to be as wonderful as planned. We booked and paid in full months ago. We noted that we were gonna be on our Honeymoon and wanted a king bed and in the mansions section. Well, I called today to confirm everything and aparently there are no more king sized beds available and they put us in AB building 18! The lady I talked to said that it was noted but we are just gonna have to get whats left. I was just calling to tell her what actual building in the mansions we would prefer! I know that it will still be great but I am frustrated that we have spent SO MUCH money go get there and now we are not going to get the simple things we requested. Maybe somthing will open up...but come on!Has anyone stayed in AB building 18? Tell me what you think about it. Thanks:sad:

illini
09-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I may be mistaken, but I thought that you paid extra to get a king size bed?!? If you paid, you should get it, period.

Also, I find it odd that they know this already. It seems there are a variety of procedures for room assignments. First trip at POR, they'd given me an assignment ahead of time. Last trip, the CM at check-in asked me my preferences and put me in the one that I picked. I've ~never~ heard of them assigning rooms that far out.

AB Building 18 is pretty close to the main building, but it's a little away from the parking lot so it feels more secluded. It was until recently a smoking building, and there have been various opinions of how the "smoke removal" went in the different resorts.

I really wouldn't panic. I'd still be willing to bet that you'll at least get the mansions section.

Coming back because I just realized you're in SA-- me, too!

Scotcelebrity
09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
We did pay for the king bed, so I guess that we will just have to talk to the CM at the front desk when we get there. I just hope things continue to go smoothly! Thanks for your input, Julie!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Please don't worry!

We stayed in building 18 (a non-smoking room, even though part of the building was smoking) for our honeymoon, and we loved it :)

Since you paid for the King Room, you'll get a king room, I'm sure...the only question is where. Don't give up on the mansions yet, but also don't be too upset with #18...we had a great time...

Good Luck...I'll keep my fingers crossed that your honeymoon is just how you dreamed it would be.

KylesMom
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with Illini, ScotCelebrity. If you paid the extra $10 or whatever a night for the King, then they must honor your reservation. I, too, thought it was very strange that they had the actual room reservation 13 days in advance.

Don't let this put a damper on your honeymoon before it begins! However, I might follow up with another call to ensure that everything is sorted out before you get there.

Worry about something else - like the wedding! :D Congratulations! :mickey:

illini
09-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Did you call the resort or the regular WDW #? The resorts actually assign the room (and don't really take phone calls).

If you were calling the regular 800#, I'd call back, confirm that you have indeed paid for a king bed, and ask them to note a request of Mansions Section, XYZ bldg preferred. Make double sure they have your honeymoon noted on it as well. If you've paid for a king bed, you don't have to request one-- you just get it, not whatever room is "left over". I can't believe how rude that CM was!

Mfarquar
09-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I would try calling the resort and asking to speak to the manager. Or, I would try calling the WDW 800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor. These people always know what is going on and they are usually EXTREMELY accommodating.

I'm sure if you explain this is your dream honeymoon and you feel you shouldn't have to stress over it, with a wedding coming up and all, they should have some satisfactory answers for you. Especially if you paid for a king bed and aren't getting one! If there aren't any king beds available at the mansions, you may want to ask them if they can guarantee a room in the mansions with queen beds in the exact building you want, and then try to get a queen when you arrive. I must agree, the mansions have a bit more of a romantic feel!

Sometimes you speak to someone who is simply misinformed or doesn't take the time to go the extra mile. One time this happened to me when I made a reservation. The CM was in a big hurry and ended up making the reservation for one night SHORTER than I had requested. I realized this when the paperwork came in the mail. I called back and asked for supervisor. The supervisor happily took care of everything after some complaining on my part, and told me that there's "always a room available" at a resort. So, hopefully someone in charge will do the same for you!

If they cannot get you a king bed at the resort at all, I wouldn't be afraid to ask if they can give you the same rate at a deluxe resort with a king bed because they were not able to hold up part of the deal that you PAID for.

Anyway, it's Disney, so if you complain and express concern enough, they should be willing to work something out with you!

Have a WONDERFUL honeymoon! I'm confident Disney will treat you right, and regardless, you'll have a WONDERFUL time! :)

sassafras
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I just returned from PO and stayed in bldg. 17 AB. It had a lovely view of the parking lot and was quite a hike to a bus stop or the Mill. Don't want to put a damper on your trip, but I'd definitely call and make sure they know you paid for a king size bed, want a room in Magnolia Bend and it's your honeymoon-that you want to make it "magical". Might not hurt to let them know how upset the rude cm made you. Hope it all works out for you!

mermaidmarian
09-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Add me to the list of people who are

(1) surprised that they booked you for a King and Disney accepted your reservation for a King and couldn't guarantee it; and

(2) that they know almost 2 weeks out that there would be no King room in the Mansions section available.

I think you should call back and, very nicely but firmly, reassert your request for a Mansion's location with a King size bed, making sure that it is noted on your reservation that you paid for a King room AND that it is your HONEYMOON. Everything I have ever read about Disney and guests on honeymoon suggests that they go out of their way to make it super special. I have faith that will be the case at PORiverside too. It is my favorite resort - I hope you enjoy it!

d_m_n_n
09-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Also, don't be afraid to say something at check-in if it hasn't been resolved. On 3 of our last 4 trips we have changed the rooms they gave us because they weren't in our preferred place. Twice that happened at Riverside (not their fault I just didn't mention it on my reservation). When I would say, "Oh, you don't have anything in such and such" they would check and find something for us. However, I too am surprised they "know" this far out. I didn't think they assigned rooms until 3 days out. :confused:

Good Luck and Congratulations on your Marriage!!! :)

lindique
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
I've stayed in building 18 a few times, and I have to admit it's my favorite building due to its location. You are very, very close to the main building, but not within sight of the parking lot. The vegetation is absolutely gorgeous.

However, if you really want one of the Mansions, go for it - it's your Honeymoon after all. And, if for some reason, a room with a King bed isn't available in the building you want on the day you check in, ask if you can move the next day. They will usually let you do that.

TammiMcMan
09-18-2007, 06:38 PM
A few things don't add up to me either.

First of all, you shouldn't have had to "request" a king bed, that's a bookable category at POR. I would pull out your confirmation and verify that it was booked correctly.

Secondly, as others have pointed out, it's odd that CRO or the resort would have room information yet. According to all the information that I've seen posted, the resort won't even see your reservation until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Unless something happened with a convention or group reserving a large number of rooms. Once you have your confirmation and verify the bedding, I would call CRO back and speak with someone else. If there are no more king beds available at POR, perhaps they can offer you an alternative, like a DVC studio or something along those lines.

Please let us know how it ends up and congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm a fall bride myself.

BigRedDad
09-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Yes, it is extremely odd that room assignments are already done. They don't make those arrangements until 3-5 days prior to arrival. Also, King rooms are a selected category, not a general option.

I think you just got a CM that was having an off moment. My recommendation is to fax the resort with your request 5 days prior to arrival. In the note, tell them it is your honeymoon. The Resort Assignee at AKL had to be a professional contortionist to do what he/she did for us at AKL.

Don't stress it. I am sure it will all be fine when you get there. Put everything in perspective. You just had the best day of your life and are going to spend time with the person you just married. Nothing else will truly matter.

disneyfan328
09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Not sure if this helps you feel any better or not, but we are to be arriving at POR on Saturday and I have some special requests on my ressie as well due to some health issues ect. I called them to verify today that everything was noted there and to see if a room # had been assigned. I talked to a VERY nice CM who told me that even with those requests a room # is still not typically assigned until check in. I had some requests made through the disabilities # as well as faxed over what they told me to and we arrive ini 3 days with no room assigned yet - plus i agree with the pp's that if you paid for a King bed then they should have one for you. If not then they should make other accomocations such as upgrading you to another resort that has one. Truly I wouldn't worry about it yet. If it makes you feel better call back again later today and you will more than likely get someone else who may be better able to answer your concerns.

Dyanna
09-19-2007, 09:52 AM
If you only requested a king size bed & did not pay for it , it is just that, a request & Disney would do everything possible to accomodate the request as long as it is avail. Good luck & hope you get it. Don't fret, you are still at Disney!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I know you are very upset about the phone call you had with Disney, but here are a few things you could check out.
If you have a copy of your reservation confirmation it should say right on it if you have paid extra for a king bed room. If it was just a request without the additional payment Disney only will treat it as a request and it is not guarnateed.
If you don't have a copy of your ressie you can login or sign up on the offical WDW website at the top right hand corner of the page. After you are logged in go into My Disney Vacation and scroll down to Retrieve Your Reservation. It will say on there if you are getting a king bed room.
On our last trip we had trouble with not being given a king bed room in the mansion section as we requested. The reason we were given was that the wedding planning department at Disney booked a last minute very, very large weddeing party that took up all the king bed rooms at the mansions. To complicate matters not only did they move us to AB the room was on the second floor with no elevators and I use an ECV. I was not a happy woman. Was told pretty rudely by the check-in CM that we would have to take what we were given. When the manager that I asked to see arrived at the desk I bluntly asked him if Disney really wanted me to ride my scooter up and down the staircase.:blush: Needless to say a first floor king bed room was found very quickly in AB and we were told that we could move the next day to the mansion section. After seeing the room in AB we called the desk and told them we were very happy to stay in AB. The room was a corner room, larger than the room we had gotten in the mansions before and the location (room 2504) was much, much quieter. My room choice from now on at POR will be AB.
Hope everything works out for you and that you have a wonderful wedding.

#1donaldfan
09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Three years in a row bldg 18......we loved it....actually this year we had to take bldg 14 which was great too........18 is right beside a quiet pool and very close to the food and busses.....you WILL LOVE IT.......we've never stayed on the mansion side, but from what I've seen I'd rather stay in AB....it's very shaded, very quiet, very relaxed.....you will have a great time in bldg 18....I think our rooms were 1809 / 1819 / 1824.....something like that....

Scotcelebrity
09-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you everyone for your imput! I called back and spoke with a supervisor and was told that the CM I had spoken with must have overlooked or disreguarded something. They see that we have paid for our king bed and are wanting the mansions and said they will make sure again at check-in that we are very accomodated. Ahhh:joy: I feel so much better now! Picked up our marriage licsence this morning and only 10 more days til the wedding and 12 til Disney!!!!:cloud9:

illini
09-19-2007, 04:18 PM
GREAT news! So happy to hear it's resolved so you can relax.
Here's to a beautiful wedding and a happy marriage! :marg:

CleveRocks
09-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I totally agree with everything TammiMcMan wrote in post #12. SHe just saved me a lot of typing!!!:thumbsup:

JerseyMouse
09-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I work in hotel reservations and if you paid extra for the king room, than that's what you're entitled to. That's one of the differences between a "request" and a "guarantee".

Lots of people where I work request a specific location, specific bed types, but aren't willing to pay a slightly higher rate. Those that pay the higher rate should be able to feel secure they are getting what they paid for.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you, have a "magical" vacation!!

pixiesmimi
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm glad to hear you got it worked out. Let us know what happened after your trip. I was going to suggest either calling the day before you leave or just wait until you get there and then talk to the CM at the desk. I had requested Aruba when I made our reservations. I had forgotten to actually reserve a King and didn't pay for it. I realized this later and after seeing on Intercot about not being guaranteed anything, I was getting very worried. I never called and confirmed it though and should have. When we got to CBR and were told that we were way out in the boonies at Trinidad South (I think) and there was nothing available in Aruba, I mentioned that I had requested Aruba on my reservations. The CM was a little surprised and said they never noted it. My stomach dropped because I was sure we wouldn't get what we wanted for our anniversary. She excused herself and walked off and came back with a smile on her face and we got in Aruba 54 which was great. I had not mentioned the Kingsize bed to her because I knew that was my fault. She had upgraded us to Kingsize without me asking. We had a wonderful room on a corner. Just make sure you request what you want when you check in and, who knows, you might just get what you want or better. Never hurts to ask.

I know you will be able to relax more now and enjoy your wedding without having to worry about the room. :bride: Good luck!

birdie1410
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
AWWW, good for you! Congratulations and have a very happy Disney honeymoon!:mickey: