PDA

View Full Version : Child Swap?

CosmicRay
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I know they have the parent swap where one parent can ride the ride and one stay with the kid(s). Then the other parent rides the ride while the other parent watches the kids(s). We just found out that I am pregnant and we are going to WDW in December. Our kids will be 5 and 6 when we go, so they will want one of us to go with them on the rides. For the fast rides (like Big Thunder and Space Mountain) can he take one and then stay on and take the other? Do they offer something like that? Or if anyone has ideas let me know!

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Ummm.... that's a good question... I would talk to the CM at the front and tell them what you would like to do... i am SURE they will be accommodating... When we went in May (I was 6 months pregnant)... One day I was just feeling really really not well... The CM at Expedition Everest noticed and gave us a rider swap pass so that someone could stay with ME which the others went on the ride... CMs are trained to be accommodating and understanding.... I would be shocked if they gave you a hard time... have fun!! :mickey:

illini
09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm sure they'd be willing to accommodate you.

But as for Space, since you can't sit next to the kiddos anyway, he can ride with both at once. They're seated front/back.

Strmchsr
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm sure something can be figured out, but even with baby swap you don't stay on the ride. They give you a pass and you go straight back through the FP line. That would probably be what they have to do with your DH. He would wait in line with one child, get the baby swap pass, and then go back through the line with the second child. That would mean a lot of waiting for you, so be sure you find some place comfortable!

mermaidmarian
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I think you will also find that several of the rides can fit three (we've done 2 adults and a younger child easily) across if they are bench seating with bar restraints.

Lizzie
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Also remember that you can get fast passes for you ticket even if you aren't riding. And all cm need to see for a child swap is a parent with a kid. Sometimes but not always it was important for the parent waiting with the kids to be in sight of the cm. My husband was so stressed about abiding rules that he would get the swap pass walk it to me than get in line.

peemagg
09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
We are traveling in January with 4 adults and 3 kids under 3. We were wondering if we can do the child swap too? We were planning on two riding and the other two stay with the kids, then swapping off. Do they allow this, since we have small children?

Strmchsr
09-19-2007, 08:30 AM
We are traveling in January with 4 adults and 3 kids under 3. We were wondering if we can do the child swap too? We were planning on two riding and the other two stay with the kids, then swapping off. Do they allow this, since we have small children?

As far as I know that shouldn't be a problem.

Buttercup
09-19-2007, 08:55 AM
The answer is "Yes" to everybody's questions!
:mickey:

If you are pregnant and can't ride the fast rides at all, your husband can indeed be the "parent" both times. But as previous posters have mentioned, he might be able to go on many of these rides with both children at the same time, so you don't really need the Child Swap pass at all!

The Child Swap pass is good for up to 3 people at a time, so two of the adults can go first while the others "babysit", and then the adults can switch off. That's exactly what the pass is for! Just ask the CM at the entrance of these rides and they'll show you what to do.

rookie
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
So I read the title "child swap" and thought even though I might want to at times, I'll keep the ones I got. :goodbad:

disneymomw_3boys
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
When you enter the line for the ride ask the cast member for a child swap pass. It may be that you have to ask the cast member checking fast passes. They will hand you a piece of paper simular to the fast pass but it will allow you enter the fast pass line with up to two other people, once you ride the ride with the one child.

In some case the cast member will want to see the other adult waiting with the child so be near by, but most of the time they will not question you.

We do this every time we go to Disney and some other parks as our youngest does not enjoy fast roller coaster type rides. It works out well for the older kids as they take turns riding rides twice under the rules.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-20-2007, 12:05 AM
We are in WDW right now. I have been able to ride Splash and BTMRR with both of my boys (10 and 7) in one row with no problem. Just wanted to mention it. :thumbsup:

Child Swap is great. We have used it a few times this trip. They gave us one today for Test Track even though my DD met the height because she was too scared to go on it. (I was actually happy she was!! :blush:) DH took the boys on while I waited with DD, and then I took them on through the FP line once he got off.

The CM's are great about it.

sminky
01-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I know there's the child swap but is there anything called a parent swap? My DH and I will be taking our very timid 8 year who doesn't like fast rides but my DH and I do. Is there a way that one adult rides while one sits with the child then the adults switch so that we both get to ride the fast rides?

peemagg
01-28-2008, 05:30 AM
What you are asking about is the same thing. Child swap was designed for parents. It is meant to make it easier for parents to ride even if the child can't.

MomPoppins
01-28-2008, 11:50 AM
So I read the title "child swap" and thought even though I might want to at times, I'll keep the ones I got. :goodbad:

:funny: :laughing: :funny: :laughing: :funny: :laughing: