PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Breakfast

BluewaterBrad
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Could anyone that has been to the Character Breakfast at the Beach Club give me reviews and comments? Thanks!!!:mickey:

NJGIRL
09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi, We have been to the Cape May for breakfast and it was great. It's a little more low keyed than Chef Mickey's. Chip and Dale and other characters visited our table a number of times, they also took their time with us. The food was hot and always filled. There was anything that you could ever want for breakfast, but it is the same choices that you get at the other character breakfast buffets (Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace etc.). We have a great time and highly recommend this place.

Jared
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Cape May Cafe is a great character meal for families trying to escape the craziness of Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. This breakfast is considerably lesser known and relatively uncrowded compared to the traditional madhouses.

The buffet is standard with few surprises. You certainly won't leave disappointed.

If you're staying at the Beach Club or another Epcot resort, Cape May Cafe is a good option.

ledudes
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Do they have Krispy Kreme donuts? I read somewhere that they did.

TennesseeTink
09-18-2007, 05:06 PM
We did the character breakfast at Cape May last October and LOVED it. Anything you could possibly want for breakfast is available. They have traditionals...sausage, bacon, eggs. etc. Also good gravy and hashbrowns. Pastries and doughnuts, pancakes and waffles, bagels and muffins. And of course, the old standby, cereal.

The characters were great also. We got our pics with Minnie and Goofy. :mickey: We truly enjoyed it. If we didn't have such a hard time being somewhere before 10am, I would have made an ADR for this one again for this year. But alas, we are too lazy on vacation.:D

luvdiznee
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
:mickey:Glad to read this thread, since we will be going here in an upcoming trip. :mickey:

mermaidmarian
09-18-2007, 05:25 PM
This is our favorite character breakfast, although after doing it so many times (8+) I wish they tweaked the character list a bit.

It is decidedly more low key than Chef Mickey's. It has your standard breakfast bar fare - also offering a fruit/nut/yogurt parfait area which I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Someone else asked about Krispy Kreme DoNuts - they were on the buffet last time we were there in May.

BluewaterBrad
09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks Everyone!! We will be at the Character Breakfast Sept. 30th. Quick weekend trip for the Food and Wine Festival!:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Cape May b'fast has Minnie, Goofy, and Chip (and/or Dale, sometimes both, sometimes just one). It is a much more low-key breakfast than Chef Mickey's (no disco, no twirling napkins, etc...)

The table cloths are paper, and they give you crayons - our kids love to ask the characters questions - often, especially Goofy it seems, will write their responses on the table cloth - lots of fun! :thumbsup:

As mentioned above, the buffet fare is pretty standard.

Do they have Krispy Kreme donuts? I read somewhere that they did.
They do have donuts, and they do resemble those Krispy Kreme types, but I don't think they advertise them as the actual name brand. We're not too into the donut scene (although my kids are ;)), so I can't say for sure whether or not they are "authentic" or made by Disney.

spinnerf
09-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I have to agree with everyone, this is definately one of the less crowded charcter dining experiences. We really were able to see each character at least twice and they spent a good amount of time with us. The food was very good as well. Have fun!

jakeybake
09-19-2007, 08:44 AM
We stayed at the Beach Club the last week of August and did Cape May for breakfast numerous times and we really enjoyed it.

I agree that it is much more low key than Chef Mickey's and the character interaction is similar, though if your not in the "main" dining area then the interaction is less.

The food is basic buffet fare but we thought it was tasty and fine for what we were paying for.

We will be visiting here each time we come back for sure.

Jay

like2workout
09-19-2007, 08:49 AM
we did the character breakfast at cape may this past april and it was very good and very enjoyable. and there was hardly anyone there! we always get up early in order to have a full day at the parks, so that may be part of the reason, but the characters can spend a lot of time with you there. goofy even picked up on our southern accents and wrote on the paper tablecloth with a crayon asking us where we were from!

May524
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
We have dined at Cape May many times and enjoyed it! Much more laid back than other breakfast buffets (cyrstal palace and chef mickeys). I didn't feel rushed with the characters, and it wasn't overly crowded when we have been there.

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
This is our favorite character meal at WDW, and the breakfast was fantastic. Great character interaction - Goofy drew on the paper table cloths with my boys.

wire0monkey
09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
We just did this twice during the first week of September. I loved the food. It's typical breakfast stuff, with some other favorites. (Smoked salmon! :thumbsup:) It wasn't crowded. The characters came by our table twice and interactions weren't rushed. I liked it so much the first time that I called and got a second ADR during the same trip. We've done character meals at Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Crystal Palace and I have to say this is my favorite. The characters were swimming/beach attire and are very cute.

DS2 (age 2.5) is now in love with Goofy, btw. Goofy had a swim vest and DS2 got to talk to him about going swimming and wearing his vest.

Simba's Mom
09-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I also did it during the first week in September, as a solo. I've eaten there 3 times and always loved it. Peaceful and relaxed-and all the food choices!

RALPH
09-21-2007, 06:31 AM
We have eaten there many times while staying at the BC. Very good, and less crazy than the bigger ones in MK.