PDA

View Full Version : From AK to MK

Hayden's Dad
09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
We will spending the day at Animal Kingdom, but have reservations for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:05. :mickey: I just assumed hopping a bus either directly to MK or one of the monorail resorts then catching the monorail over. What is your opinion. It is DW me and DS 23 mths and in a wheelchair. Thanks

Marilyn Michetti
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I'd catch a bus to the Contemporary, and it's a short walk. OR, a bus to the Contemporary and monorail over. I don't know if the busses go to the TTC, but if there's one, you can catch a ferry over.

Good luck. You can get anywhere from anywhere at WDW, but sometimes it's kinda involved.:confused:

AuntDJ
09-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I think you can catch a bus from AK to MK; I am pretty sure I have done this before..

Good Luck!
DJ

CleveRocks
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
A bus from AK to Contemporary is fine, as long as you then walk from Contemporary to MK (only about 8-10 minutes, and there ARE safe walkways). I would NOT recommend the monorail from Contemporary to MK unless you have a lot of time to kill, as that route could easily take 20 minutes (stops at TTC, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and then MK).

You can take a bus from AK to TTC, and from TTC you can take an express monorail or a ferry to MK.

It's the same for going from MGM to MK.

DizneyRox
09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Might be easier to bus from AK to the Grand Floridian and catch the monorail there.

I'm a huge advocate of the Contemporary as a travel hub with regards to getting to MK, but in a wheelchair, the Grand works better I think. The monorail stop is usually pretty empty.

Beast_fanatic
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Here's a link to information from info central on Getting Around WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp) that should help.

DisneyDudet
09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
We took the bus from MK to the TTC. This gave us a chance to ride the monorail for a short length of time, since we weren't sure if we'd have time to ride it again. Thats always an option. We did not wait very long at all for a bus, maybe 5 min?

If you wanted to go to the GF or CR, you would, most likely, board the same bus, and can choose.

Since you will be utilizing a wheelchair, I suggest going to the GF and boarding the monorail. You may have a better chance getting a resort bus before the TTC bus (its also the furthest loading area at AK), plus it will be easier to navigate the monorail, rather than crossing streets.