PDA

View Full Version : Best Spa!

May524
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm hoping we go on our "baby moon" in December and I would like to get a mom to be spa package. However, i'm having trouble deciding on what spa to use. If we stay at the epcot resort, the swan/dolphin seems like a no brainer, but how does it compare to the others? What spa packages have you had and at what resort?

Tick-Tock
09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I've only been to the GF spa. I was very disappointed. For the money, I've had way better spa experiences here in Colorado.

Others have said nice things about the Saratoga Springs spa.

Beast_fanatic
09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I haven't been to any of the spas at WDW, but the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin (http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html) is an INTERCOT sponsor, and I have heard nice things about it. If it's convenient to your resort, then I'd definitely give it a try (and help support INTERCOT at the same time!).

Here we go again...
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I have been to the spa at the GF and SSR. I felt the spa at SSR was much more relaxing.

I have had a facial and massage at GF and a massage only at SSR.
The did not like the experience of the facial at all. The person talked through the entire procedure.... they were explaining every product they put on my face... including prices. I went to relax, not get a sales pitch. Every other spa I have been to explains the product after the facial. If I am going to spend that kind of money, I want to RELAX.
Both gave great massages.

Cinderelley
09-19-2007, 01:57 PM
SSR would be my first choice. I've been there 3 times, and thoroughly enjoyed my swedish massage there every time.

The Mandara Spa would be my second choice. On my last trip, I started with a swedish massage there and ended with the Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow. The swedish massage was nice, but I didn't like the Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow. If you plan on spending a lot of time at the spa relaxing after your therapy session, you might want to consider the Mandara Spa instead of SSR. The Mandara Spa has great rooms and balconies to relax in. SSR only has a small hot tub.

I've been to the GF spa twice. I won't go back. I've had a swedish massage, a couple's massage and the Secret Garden's Bath. I loved the bath. I wish they offered it at another Spa. Both massages were terrible, and I find it difficult to get to the GF spa unless I'm taking a taxi there.