PDA

View Full Version : Disney Transportation Question

Dreamin_of_Disney247
09-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Okay my friendly WDW fanatics, I have a question that needs an answer! This summer my family and I are going to the world and we have a dilemma. My DH only gets 7 days off for his vacation and we live in Louisiana so it is a 2 day drive there and a 2 day drive back which only leaves us 3 days of park time. Well my DH CAME UP WITH A SOLUTION! The kids and I would drive down 2 days before his vac. starts and he would fly down and fly back that way we could spend a week there. My big question is if we drive and he flies can he still use magical express even though we arent flying? And if we decide to stay off property how much will a cab cost from MCO to the hotels near disney? Thanks to all who reply!:mickey:

CleveRocks
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay my friendly WDW fanatics, I have a question that needs an answer! This summer my family and I are going to the world and we have a dilemma. My DH only gets 7 days off for his vacation and we live in Louisiana so it is a 2 day drive there and a 2 day drive back which only leaves us 3 days of park time. Well my DH CAME UP WITH A SOLUTION! The kids and I would drive down 2 days before his vac. starts and he would fly down and fly back that way we could spend a week there. My big question is if we drive and he flies can he still use magical express even though we arent flying? And if we decide to stay off property how much will a cab cost from MCO to the hotels near disney? Thanks to all who reply!:mickey:
Yes, he could use DIsney's Magical Express, but only if you are staying at a WDW owned-and-operated resort.

The only criteria for using DME is being named on the reservation at a WDW owned-and-operated resort, taking the bus from the airport to that resort on or after check-in day, and taking the bus from that resort to the airport on or before check-out day (and one way in either direction is OK, too).

It makes no difference whether anyone in your party flew into Orlando International Airport. What I mean is, in theory you could get dropped off at the airport and still take DME from the airport to your WDW resort.

But if you are staying off-site the whole time, then of course he can't use DME. Taxis tend to run about $50 or so one way to most area hotels. You could also consider a car service for roughly the same price.

DizneyRox
09-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Two days to drive? I've done one day from the northeast, 2 days sounds a little long. That's not your question though...

If he's flying and staying at a Disney resort, then yes, he is entitled to DME. It's a great economical alternative when different members of the reservations arrive at different times/dates.

Dreamin_of_Disney247
09-18-2007, 04:08 PM
If you can get there in one day please tell me how because I am from the northeast too and we always have to stop and stay the night somewhere around Tallahassee. Plus it may be that my kids don't travel well together: 19, 12, and 4.:mickey:This will be the first trip that all 3 of them have been on together and they are really excited and believe me if I could afford airfare for all 5 of us I would!

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I am not from that area at all, but i just map quested it and it says it takes 12 1/2 hours... is that accurate?? What about leaving at 4 or 5 am...?? That way you would definitely get there before dark on the same day...

BTW... everyone else is correct, he can use the magical express, no problem...

DizneyRox
09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
If you can get there in one day please tell me how because I am from the northeast too and we always have to stop and stay the night somewhere around Tallahassee.
That's the problem right there! Sleep is for babies! :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I've never driven from the NE but I know it only takes about 21-24 hours STRAIGHT through. That means no stopping to sleep.
Your other question has already been answered so no need for me to chime in on that. Have a great trip.