PDA

View Full Version : Akershus

Anthony007
09-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Just wondering if this was an all you can eat place, does each menu offering come with a dessert and appetizer, etc. Any reviews? We are starting to get down to only missing a few Epcot restaurants and this is one of them.

LucyLou
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Went there for dinner in August, the starter was all you can eat from a buffet. The main course was individual dishes and the dessert was served on one big plate to share. Hope this is useful.

magickingdom67
09-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Still that way in September. :mickey: All you can eat from cold bar, which was very good. And then a entree and big dessert plate for all to share.:thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM
We were there this past August. We were not impressed with the food. It was very rushed they tried to take my plate away before I was done! The portions of the main entree for children was very very small. My older daughter got the wrap and it had 3 small pieces (cut the size of sushi!). My younger daughter got pizza and she didn't eat much of it. My dh got the stew and he was not impressed. I ordered the pasta with pesto sauce and didn't enjoy it much either. But we did enjoy the princesses. We have eaten here before the dining plan and before the princesses and it was wonderful. Unfortunately we found that a lot of resturants have really gone downhill in the past few years They use to have much more entree choices and the quality was better.

Jared
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Just to clarify what everybody has already said, the appetizer is a cold buffet, the entree comes from the menu and the dessert is served on one big plate.

I suppose Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is the only restaurant in Walt Disney World considered a traditional table service, family-style and buffet.

Crow
09-18-2007, 09:41 PM
We were there this past August. We were not impressed with the food. It was very rushed they tried to take my plate away before I was done! The portions of the main entree for children was very very small. My older daughter got the wrap and it had 3 small pieces (cut the size of sushi!). My younger daughter got pizza and she didn't eat much of it. My dh got the stew and he was not impressed. I ordered the pasta with pesto sauce and didn't enjoy it much either. But we did enjoy the princesses. We have eaten here before the dining plan and before the princesses and it was wonderful. Unfortunately we found that a lot of resturants have really gone downhill in the past few years They use to have much more entree choices and the quality was better.

went in May. used to be a fav prePrincess.
now...not so much. the Koldbort is still ok but entrees not all u want anymore. dont think i will b back anytime soon

Goes4FastPass
09-18-2007, 11:13 PM
We went there this year and had a very enjoyable meal, adults and kids.

It isn't "Sizzler" but we didn't want it to be.

Don't plan on seeing any specific princesses, though. We had CInderella instead of Jasmine and our little Jasmine was a bit bummed.

Next year, Tiana!

spinnerf
09-19-2007, 09:00 AM
When I went it started with a picture with Ariel, then the cold buffet. They had a nice selction of wines and beer if I remember correctly. I thought the entree was good, you get to pick from a few, and the dessert is the same for all, multiple samples all on one plate, everyone gets their own plate. I didnt feel rushed at all. Since the place seems to run on seating groups, I would imagine if you are seated at the end of your seating group they may be hurried to serve your entree to get you out in time for the next group. This didnt happen to us though. Other princesses were - Pocahantus, Mulan, Jasmine and Belle.