PDA

View Full Version : Best cheap eats out of the parks?

thejens
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Since the dining plan is no longer such a bargain, I am thinking about doing a value resort with no plan for part of my trip and a deluxe resort with the ddp for the other part. I find that I don't much care for the counter service meals (except flame tree!) and prefer the signature restaurants. I may even spend two nights at ASM and have one full day and evening without park tickets or meal plan. What is the best economical food at the resorts or dtd? I can't go to a park, but will probably do a water park during the day and eat at the ASM food court one night. Earl of Sandwich on the next? Thought I'd share my plan and ask for tips!

Jared
09-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express is supposedly delicious and relatively cheap. Check the menu online.

Natazu
09-19-2007, 06:55 AM
It's really hard to beat Earl of Sandwich for value. Cookes of Dublin has a good deal too, those mini battered sausage things are very filling for $7. The All Star's have good counter service for the money. There's always Mickey Ds and Dominos.

ElenitaB
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
If you plan to stay on property, I would also recommend Wolfgang Puck Express. It's one of our favorite places to eat at DTD, and it IS very good and the portions are large enough to share (they have rotisserie chicken, excellent pizzas, salads, etc.)

tomorrowschild
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I would agree with Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. We love to eat here (at least once a trip). Great, quality food for a counter service price. We liked it as well as Wolfgang Puck Cafe- and it is so much cheaper.

thejens
09-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks!!!:thumbsup: