PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Lucky enough to be picked Grand Marshall

Gayle
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi, who has been lucky enought to be picked to be a grand marshall in a parade.:mickey: Do they pick grand marshalls at MGM, and how did it happen:magic::mpumpkin:

garthbarth1
09-17-2007, 07:03 PM
My father in law was picked a couple of years ago...I am not sure how it happened but he said it was fabulous!

DreamFinder2
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
My cousin and her family was chosen last spring at MK. They (cousin, DH, 2 DD) were wandering around the park...main street, I think...around 9am and a CM in plain clothes approached them. They chatted for a few minutes, not knowing who the guy was, then tried to move on. He was persistant and kept asking questions about their trip, where they were from, etc. He then introduced himself as a CM, told them he wanted to make them an offer and asked if they'd be grand marshalls at the parade.

It was a great story...better if she tells it, though!!! Definitely a trip to remember.

Since then I've read a lot of posts about this. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who they choose. Families, couples, young and old(er). So...good luck!!!

jkj1224
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
The grand marshalls for the parade at MK now are usually the cinderella suite winners for the day.

dml
09-18-2007, 12:19 AM
My father and I got to be the grand marshalls of MGM's stars and motor cars parade in Jan. 2006. We knew a CM there and she surprised us with the honor. It was so much fun!!

:mickey::mickey:

BigRedDad
09-18-2007, 02:29 AM
My parents, niece and nephew were picked at a MNSSHP about a year ago. They absolutely loved it.

dizneynut
09-18-2007, 07:49 AM
In May 2005, my DH & I were on our first WDW vacation without the kids, to celebrate our 16th Anniversary. We invited them however they did not want to miss school. I know...they are crazy! But they are very responsible good kids!! :blush:

On our last day of the vacation, we decided to shop on main street in MK since we only had a few hours before catching the Magical Express to the airport.
My DH was pin trading while I shopped. My DH is very out going and has conversations with most of the CMs as he is trading, unless they are busy. I came out of one of the shops and joined my DH & the CM. He was asking a lot of questions as well. Where were we from, how often are we able to go to WDW, Were we celebrating anything...When my DH mentioned we were there for Anniversary, the CM asked if we would like to be the Grand Marshalls. We were soooo excited! However, our flight was at 5PM and we had to be at the airport around the time of the parade. We had to decline. The CM was very nice! He seemed to fell bad that we had to leave. I am very upset with myself because I did not get his name. I usually do.

Oh Well! Maybe in May 2009 when we go to celebrate our 20th anniversary!

Gail:mickey:

berri_boo
09-18-2007, 07:52 AM
My DH & I were GM of the MK "Share a Dream Come True" parade in July 2006. It was amazing. We were on our honeymoon so it made it even more special for us. We were walking down Main Street at around 9am on the right hand side of the street and were approached my a CM (not a normal CM though - he was wearing different clothing then the normal CM - I think he was a manager of sorts). He spoke to us for about 10 mins asking us where we were from, our names, how long we were there for, if we were having a good time...then he popped the big question about being GM!!!!:jaw::joy:
Before my DH could answer I said "Oh my god...of course we would!"

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to whom they pick! I'm hoping that we get picked on our Nov trip :blush:

Roger Rabbit 89
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
A girl I grew up with was picked. Her DH, and 2 DD's were walking by the gate back in Frontierland when someone approached them. She said the same thing, that it was just general talking about their trip and then asked them. She said they had a great time, and the girls just loved it.

Michael

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
1) We were picked a very long time ago.
2) OK, not that long ago.
3) But, before there was an MGM or AK.

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Looks like being there early is a key . . . As hard as we try, we have such a hard time getting to a park for open.

Rekced
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
My wife and I got picked on the last day of our Honeymoon. We didn't get to magic Kingdom until at least like 10:30 probably because we had to get everything ready to leave.

We were wearing our Minnie and Mickey bride and groom shirts, and had our bride and groom ears on. We figured might as well wear them again for the last day. :)

We stopped to get our picture taken in front of the castle on main street and a CM approahced us right after that and started asking us questions. I was almost positive I that he was going to ask us to be the grand marshals.

We basically had enough time to do the parade and watch it all from near the Main St. train station. Once it was over we had to make a mad dash out of the park to get back to our hotel in time to head to the airport.

To top it all off, Cinderella blew my wife and I a kiss and said congratulations from inside the snowglobe toward the end of the parade.

I didn't know an arm could get that tired from waving, nor a mouth get so soar from smiling so much, but it was so much fun.

TheRustyScupper
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
1) I casually know one of the gals that pick people.
2) There is NO hard-and-fast rule or rules.
3) However, there are some guidelines.
. . . energetic
. . . smiling faces (faces that seem to "light up")
. . . neat in appearance, aka "the Disney look"
. . . no non-Disney logos (don't advertise for others)
. . . clothing with Disney logos is optional *
. . . less than 4-people * (not a lot of room in the vehicle)
. . . no infants or very small kids * (behavior issues)

* These are flexible.

HINT: I you see a CM coming anywhere in your direction with a neatly pressed shirt or blouse and a ID badge hanging from a neck cord, be upbeat and lively.