PDA

View Full Version : Need your suggestions for Disney themed banquet!!!

TiggeRia
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone. I have been a member of our local volunteer emergency squad for about ten years, and each year we have a banquet for all of the squad members, guests of members and a variety of honored guests are invited...we usually have 80-100 people there. In the past we have done several themed banquets (westerns, luaus, etc...) along with ones where you just dress up nice and fancy and go.

Well, this year the banquet committee decided to have a "Disney themed" banquet! (I had nothing to do with the decision, but was really happy with it!) :mickey: Anyway, they have come to me and asked me for some suggestions on decorations, gifts, centerpieces, etc....

People are allowed to come in costumes of any Disney characters, with a prize going to the best one. Another idea that they want to do is go to a local travel agency and get a $2500 gift certificate good towards a WDW vacation and raffle it off for $20/ticket and only sell 200 tickets. They have a couple more small ideas that they are kicking around, but I figured I would come to the best place I know for some great ideas! Any suggestions, ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a quick background - like I mentioned before, there will be anywhere from 80 - 100 people. The majority of the attendees will be over the age of 18, with the youngest ones being 16. The type of people will range from EMTs, firefighters, police officers, council members, the mayor, and possibly a couple Dr.s and nurses from the local ER. Lots of these people are children at heart aren't afraid to be silly, so we are really open to anything.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!!! :thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
09-17-2007, 04:18 PM
That sounds like fun.

For centerpieces, maybe some Disney metallic balloons tied to some sort of weight (maybe a Disney plush, if the budget extends to that). Balloons make things look really festive.

Or maybe name the different tables after the WDW resorts and have the centerpiece reflect the resort's theme (a bucket of sand toys for the Beach Club, a coconut-shell carving for the Poly, a stuffed bear for the Wilderness Lodge, etc.).

Just a side note - make sure someone checks out your state's laws regarding raffles. Here in Colorado, they're highly regulated.

TiggeRia
09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Just a side note - make sure someone checks out your state's laws regarding raffles. Here in Colorado, they're highly regulated.

New Jersey keeps things very regulated, too. We have to get a gaming license from the town, but we've never had any problems with that in the past. Thank you so much for your ideas!!

gwfx1031
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
provide an area where people can take a photo with a disney themed back drop or drops. This would be a nice momento from the event.

IloveDisney71
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't forget about playing some "Disney" music to set the magical mood.
You might ask your local travel agency if they have any Disney posters and/or maps you can use for decorations.
Disney Trivia books and Disney Tour guide books would make great gifts.