PDA

View Full Version : Eating off child's menus

disneydrmr
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Is Disneyland really strict about adults ordering off the child's menu? We plan to eat at the Plaza and my sister is unable to eat anything really high in fat.. so I"m thinking the BAKED Chicken on the child's menu would be good for her.. and well... from reading descriptions it sounds just the right size for me also...

NotaGeek
09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I have never seen or heard of them not selling a childs plate to someone without kids. There's no real way for the counter service folks to know if kids are in the party ... and I have been with friends that have ordered kids meny in sit-down restaurants with no problems. You should be fine. :mickey:

tinkwest
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
You are right. Some times kid's meals are just the right size for adults too. I have ordered them at the counter service restaurants many times at both Disneyland and DCA, including the Plaza Inn. Never had a problem. I think in that kind of environment it would be more trouble than it was worth to track whether these meals were truly going to children. Sit down restaurants may or may not be more strict, depending on the particular restaurant and their policy.

Chescat
09-25-2007, 08:00 PM
I used to do that at the plaza gardens when I would get the spagetti portions. I never can eat big meals. Cast Member behind the counter mentioned it to me one time. I've never been questioned at the other places either if I do, do it. I figured if I was, I would just say my kid was at the table waiting.

I also was bad when long time ago they used to give Disney buttons out with kid's meal. Me bad! :blush:

Marla
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I have also ordered off of the children's menu. Know one asked me any questions, or said anything to me. So, I just assumed it was okay.:mickey:

Disneyluvr2
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Another big kid here! My favorite kids meal is the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn. The adult meal is HUGE and way too much for me. The kids meal includes a chicken leg, mashed taters & gravy, a biscuit, apple sauce and a drink all for about $7.00! What a deal!

mttafire
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM
I have also ordered off of the children's menu. Know one asked me any questions, or said anything to me. So, I just assumed it was okay.:mickey:
yep,,:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
You know, Disneyland is really good about providing for people with different dietary needs. I'm sure if you just asked for baked chicken instead of fried, they would accommodate.

I believe the "baked chicken" kids meal is simply one chicken leg, and they are REALLY small. You might be able to get more than one leg if you just ask to substitute baked for fried chicken on the adult menu. Also, be aware that the serving sizes for the side dishes is pretty small and the "beverage" is about 8oz of milk, juice, or water. Just FYI! If you're really hungry, this won't cut it.

Crystal Palace
09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I have never tried ordering off the kid's menu in a sit down restaurant, but I've never had any problem with counter service places. They have no idea who you're ordering for, so you will be just fine!

Disneyluvr2
09-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Also, be aware that the serving sizes for the side dishes is pretty small and the "beverage" is about 8oz of milk, juice, or water. Just FYI! If you're really hungry, this won't cut it.

Eating is one of my favorite things to do at Disneyland so I find the kids meals to be perfect at times because it leaves room for a churro, DoleWhip, turkey leg or some other favorite Disney food a little later on. I hate it when I get so stuffed with a meal that I can't fit all my favorite foods in!:eat: