PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Beers

Red Randal
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I was just discussing this with someone and figured it might be a fun convo for the I-Cot community.

What are your top 5 favorite beers?

I go with...

Miller Genuine Draft (Bottle)
Blue Moon w/orange (Draft)
Michelob Ultra (Bottle)
Miller Chill (Bottle)
LaBatt Blue

How 'bout you? :beer:

tink2006
09-17-2007, 02:55 PM
DH and I prefer Heinken, Coors Light, Carlesburg, and whatever they have on draft at Epcot (Germany and Rose & Crown specifically) :mickey::thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-17-2007, 03:16 PM
1) BBC Steel Rail, a local microbrew by Berkshire Brewing Company.
2) Guinness
3) Bass
4) Harp
5) Stella Artois

But I probably shouldn't answer because I got a lecture last week from my Grandma that a lady shouldn't drink beer. :blush::secret: I had a sip of my DH's beer at a family picnic and she was horrified.

Ian
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM

I go with...

Michelob Ultra (Bottle)
Miller Chill (Bottle)
LaBatt BlueMy current favorite is (far and away) Blue Moon (draft with the orange, like you).

After that, I'd say:

2. Hoegaarden :beer:
3. LaBatt Blue :beer:
4. Harp :beer:
5. Miller Lite :beer:

:cool:

scottgr
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Hummm . My top 5 beers are

1. Sam's Winter
2. Sam's Summer
3. Guinness
4. Sam's October Fest
5. Bud Light ( I know it total different then the others , once in a while just need a BUD)

I guess can all tell I loves Sam's

DisneyTeen
09-17-2007, 05:05 PM
1. Blue Moon, Draft with an orange
2. UFO Hefeweizen by Harpoon (Draft or Bottle)
3. Yuengling (Draft Or Bottle)
4. Birra Moretti
5. Sam Adam's (Summer, Winter, Octoberfest, Cherry Wheat....anything draft or bottle)

Melanie
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Beer! :beer:

1. Any Sam Adams (love the seasonal brews)
2. Orion (local Japanese, draft is best)
3. Michelob Ultra (bottle)
4. Tecate (draft)
5. Corona (bottle)

Scar
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
My favorite: The one someone else buys.

My current favorite is (far and away) Blue Moon (draft with the orange, like you).
1. Blue Moon, Draft with an orange"The only thing I like floating in my beer is my liver."

- Norm Peterson

PirateLover
09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I'm still in my 21st year on this earth so I am yet to be versed in all the great brews there are out in this world.That being said here are my faves:

1. Miller Lite
2. Heineken (They had skywriters advertising over my college graduation. It was hilarious.)
3. Tsingtao beer (got it in China at Epcot. YUM)
4. Michelob Ultra
5. Whatever costs $1 at the bar ;)

I only drink coors light as a last resort lol. Not a big fan.

baldburke
09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Only one is necessary, Yuengling

Red Randal
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
My current favorite is (far and away) Blue Moon (draft with the orange, like you).

Maybe we'll have to have a couple in a few weeks! Do they sell Blue Moon at WDW anywhere?

And, DisneyTeen, if you're coming to the party, you're welcome to join. Though I find it funny that DisneyTeen has favorite beers. ;) :beer:

hoop de do
09-17-2007, 07:59 PM
I really like my beer and have many that I enjoy.
1. Miller High Life (bottle)
2. Yuengling (bottle)
3. Lion's Head (bottle)
4. Bud Light (bottle)
5. Genesee Cream Ale (Draft)

Hope to have a few in October meet with my fellow INTERCOTEES.

Ian
09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe we'll have to have a couple in a few weeks! Do they sell Blue Moon at WDW anywhere?I don't know, but if they do we'll sniff it out!

DVC2004
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
1. Stella Artois
2. Blue Moon
3. Miller Chill
4. Heineken
5. Leinenkugels Berryweiss

Damon18
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
1. Alexander Keiths
2. Corona
3. Coors Light
4. Miller Genuine Draft
5. Bud

jsdt
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
1) Miller Lite
2) Corona Light
3) Coors Light
4) Dos Equis
5) Blue Moon

Jeff G
09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
:beer:

1. Corona (in a bottle and a lime)
2. Becks
3. Heineken Light
4. Newcastle
5. Sam Adams Octoberfest

DisneyTeen
09-18-2007, 08:56 AM
And, DisneyTeen, if you're coming to the party, you're welcome to join. Though I find it funny that DisneyTeen has favorite beers. ;) :beer:

Haha, well I have been posting on the boards for a long time, started when I was a teen, now I am 25. Kind of regret the screen name choice now. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the intercot party, but I will be down there nov. 6 - 13. I hope to drink around the world on 8th and hit Jellyrolls every other night, anyone is welcome to join me and my GF. Just let me know and I will say Hi and have a few :beer: with ya.

As for blue moon. I would check Friday's, Uno's chains like that, they might have it on tap. Maybe the Orlando Ale House. Also, maybe a market or one of the local packies.

lastly...I wish that MA sold Yuengling, need to drive to NY or just visit Disney.

Scar
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
... one of the local packies.Wow, haven't heard that term since college.

medic9016
09-18-2007, 09:36 AM
What ever is cold. Beer drinker not a brand drinker.

conorsmom2000
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Only one is necessary, Yuengling

Ditto! :beer: But, must be bottle - I'm not a draft drinker normally.

Second to Yuengling would be J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown, which I have trouble finding.

:cheers:

NYC WDW Fan
09-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Now this is something I can get into . . .

1 - Dinkle Acker Dark (all time fav, give it a try!!!)
2 - Beck's
3 - Dos Equis Amber
4 - Sam Adams
5 - Yuengling

Depending on the season, Bass can crack the top 5, especially as a Black and Tan. Beck's Oktoberfest is very good as are some of Sam Adams seasonals. Molson and Labatt's Blue are pretty good as well.

I'm not a fan of the wheat or fruity beers. When it comes to stout, I prefer Murphy's Irish Stout to Guiness.

As you can see, I'm not a big domestic fan, and once I had a job above minimum wage I was able to toss the Bud aside for better brews. Less beer, better tasting! Coors used to have a decent beer (gold, maybe?) but I don't see it anymore. Rheingold made a come back for a while, and was decent. I actually had a bit of a flavor. If all there is are domestic brews, I'm hoping MGD is available.

I'm not a light beer fan at all, I'd really, truly rather drink seltzer, although Amstel isn't horrible.

ChipDale
09-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Wow, finally a topic that I can relate to! :D

1. Miller Lite :tasty:
2. Tecate
3. Kirin
4. Amstel Light
5. Harp

:cheers: :beer: :cheers:

I'll be in Ireland next week and can't wait to try some other brews! :gold: Slainte! :beer:

wdwfansince75
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Once upon a time, the best beer in my world, after days aboard an aircraft carrier, was that first cold painted label San Miguel!.....but in careful review, here they are...

Domestic....
1. Dock Street
2. Henry Weinhard's Premium (pre-Stroh's acquisition)
3. Sam Adams
4. Yuengling
5. Anchor Steam

Foreign:
1. Bintang (from Indonesia)
2. Becks
3. St. Pauli Girl
4. Orion (draft)
5. Carlsberg

wedway fan
09-18-2007, 12:45 PM
the best beer is, of course, free beer:beer:. but if i had to buy my own, i'd choose from this list, depending on my mood:

1) amstel light
2) yuengling lager
3) guinness
4) beck's
5) miller lite

Melanie
09-18-2007, 02:08 PM
4. Orion (draft)

You've had Orion????? :tasty: :beer:

snowflakegirl
09-18-2007, 03:03 PM
1. Magic Hat #9
2. Magic Hat Hocus Pocus
3. Yuengling (although you can't get it around here ... the only time I've gotten it is in DC, but I love it).
4. Sam's Summer Ale
5. Harp

(Though they don't make my top five, I also love pretty much every other variety of Magic Hat that is made, most Sam's, and Killian's Irish Red).

mouseaddict
09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
hmmmmm..let's see....

1) Alexander Keiths....love it! (I enjoy most IPA's..but this is the best!)
2) Rickard's Red...ooohhhh flashbacks to college!
3) Dolphin's Breath (local brew...Ragtime Tavern!)
4) Westbury Wheat (Ragtime brew again)
5) Michelobe Amber Bock

have to give honorable mentions to;
Smithwicks
Black and Tan
Stella....

TikiGoddess
09-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm not a big beer drinker, but the best I've had is Chimay, a Belgian brew. Used to drink it at my favorite bar in Barcelona when I was living there. Yum. :tasty:

TikiG

Speedy1998
09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
1. Saint Arnold's Elissa IPA
2. Saint Arnold's Winter Stout
3. Saint Arnold's Amber
4. Saint Arnold's Brown
5. Saint Arnold's Texas Wheat

If I am not in Texas I will **** it up and Drink Coors, Molsen or Corona.

For those of you from the Houston area who do not have a clue about Saint Arnold's I recomend you take the Saturday "tour" at the brewery it is $5 for tour and they give you 2 pints of beer for tasting at the end of the tour.

Speedy1998
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
What ever is cold. Beer drinker not a brand drinker.

So sad,, You only have one liver .... Use it wisely.... Life is too short to drink bad beer.

I recomend that you find your nearest Microbrew and find out what beer is supposed to taste like.

wdwfansince75
09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
You've had Orion????? :tasty: :beer:
Yes...had Orion in Naha and near Futema at Charlie's Steak House....
Also had Kirin, Sapporo, Asahi, Tiger, and the true devil's brew, Singha....Singha can remove paint from airplanes, and gum from the sidewalk! Bintang is the hidden treasure of the far east.

Forgot about our Aussie friends, and their contribution....Real men drink Fosters....Everything else is just beer.

tealady
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
In Alberta Canada we have a microbruary called "Big Rock". Any beer from there is the best but Traditional is best!

:cloud9:

wdwfansince75
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I was just discussing this with someone and figured it might be a fun convo for the I-Cot community.

I go with...

Michelob Ultra (Bottle)
Miller Chill (Bottle)
LaBatt Blue
How 'bout you? :beer:

Hey, Red Randal, where's your home town loyalty? My first beer was a Stegmaier. At the tender age of 14, I worked at an Inn in NE PA....was able to taste Stegs and Neuweilers.....also tried Knickerbockers (the only one served in 8 oz bottles..."a ladies' beer"...and Reingold. Thought Reingold was bad then....the only beer bad enough to be "The Official Beer" of the early Mets. As I recall, I got to see them lose their 100th and 101st games in a double header at Connie Mack stadium....while sipping a Schmidts. :thumbsup:
Know it's the other end of the state (practically West Virginia), but how about a kind word for Old Frothingshlosh...:beer:..OK, I agree....there is nothing kind to be said about OF, or it's parent, Iron City.
And now that Rolling Rock is a New Jersey beer, are Dock Street and Yuengling the only good beers left in PA?

Melanie
09-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Yes...had Orion in Naha and near Futema at Charlie's Steak House....

Mmmm. Cool! I wish we could get it in the States! :cheers:

Mufasa
09-19-2007, 05:50 AM
It's really not easy to narrow things down to 5 beers, but this reflects what I'd be drinking at the moment-

1.) Westvleteren 12 (an incredible Belgian Trappist beer that really packs a punch with its flavor and alcohol content)
2.) Stone IPA (although I also really like the various IPAs from Dogfish Head brewery- just had their 120 Minute IPA for the first time)
3.) Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (the bottles actually brewed at St. James Gate please)
4.) Saison Dupont (a Belgian farmhouse ale)
5.) Anchor Liberty Ale (prefer this over Anchor Steam- problem with both is unless you're near the west coast good luck finding it fresh)

As for the most interesting beer I've ever had- probably would be the Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus- a raspberry lambic but different from the usually overly sweet lambics that I'm not a fan of. I liked it but it's not replacing any of the beers above.

And the beer I really want to see served at WDW is Yeti Imperial Stout (they really should sell it right at a stand outside of Expedition: Everest)

Wayne
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
So sad,, You only have one liver .... Use it wisely.... Life is too short to drink bad beer.

I recomend that you find your nearest Microbrew and find out what beer is supposed to taste like.

Yeah...what Speedy said:thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
09-19-2007, 09:42 PM
i must seem so uncultured! nothing fancy here...my current fave brews are...

1. Budweiser
2. Miller Chill
3. Sapporo
4. Tecate
5. Natural Ice (when you're slumming it, or just need a strong buzz! :D)

pjbs35a
09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Root :beer: with vanilla ice cream

jennbunn
09-20-2007, 02:26 AM
blue moon
honey weiss
berry weiss
schell octoberfest
summer wheat
:cloud9: i love a good :beer:

Red Randal
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey, Red Randal, where's your home town loyalty? My first beer was a Stegmaier. At the tender age of 14, I worked at an Inn in NE PA....was able to taste Stegs and Neuweilers.....also tried Knickerbockers (the only one served in 8 oz bottles..."a ladies' beer"...and Reingold. Thought Reingold was bad then....the only beer bad enough to be "The Official Beer" of the early Mets. As I recall, I got to see them lose their 100th and 101st games in a double header at Connie Mack stadium....while sipping a Schmidts. :thumbsup:
Know it's the other end of the state (practically West Virginia), but how about a kind word for Old Frothingshlosh...:beer:..OK, I agree....there is nothing kind to be said about OF, or it's parent, Iron City.
And now that Rolling Rock is a New Jersey beer, are Dock Street and Yuengling the only good beers left in PA?

I've never had Dock Street but they still make Stegmeier. While we're on the topic of locals, did you ever have Lions Head? Not sure if there's any other good NEPA locals that I should scout out. There used to be a microbrewery in downtown Scranton but it closed down a few years ago before I got a chance to try it. That's all I can think of. :beer:

SteveL
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm not a big beer drinker, but the best I've had is Chimay, a Belgian brew. Used to drink it at my favorite bar in Barcelona when I was living there. Yum. :tasty:

TikiG

Now my curiosity tells me I have to try one of the Chimay brews.
My son sells it and though it is extremely expensive (one of the Chimays goes for $93/case) he tried it and really didn't like it.
I get to try all kinds of beers from him.
Free is always good too.

SteveL
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM

And here I thought that only my dad drank Neuweillers. I remember you could get 3 quarts for a dollar.

sillyolbear
09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Blue Moon
SA Summer
Yuengling
Bass
SA Light

Speedy1998
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
i must seem so uncultured! nothing fancy here...my current fave brews are...

1. Budweiser
2. Miller Chill
3. Sapporo
4. Tecate
5. Natural Ice (when you're slumming it, or just need a strong buzz! :D)

If you are just looking for a buzz, you need to stop slumming it. While the micobrews are usually a couple of dollars more expensive they usually have a higher alcohol content. The big three all are around 4% alcohol (light beers are even lower), while many micobrews are usually 6 - 10%.

wdwfansince75
09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I've never had Dock Street but they still make Stegmeier. While we're on the topic of locals, did you ever have Lions Head? Not sure if there's any other good NEPA locals that I should scout out. There used to be a microbrewery in downtown Scranton but it closed down a few years ago before I got a chance to try it. That's all I can think of. :beer:

As I recall, Lion's Brewery actually produced Stegmaiers....Originally, it was Gold Medal Beer (in the 30's...before my time...slightly), then became Stegmairer's Gold Medal Beer....sold in Steinies...short and stubby....Like me!

Horlacher's was another local....from Allentown, I believe....there was also a brewery from Tamaqua, or somewhere in that area (Carbon Cty)

Grew up near Saylorsburg in the 50's....spent a year at Villanova...then called "The Beer Cats"....Playboy ranked the top drinking schools in country, with caveat..."did not rank Villanova or Georgetown...only ranked the amatuers." Had to leave Villanova....couldn't stand Schmidts or Ortliebs...couldn't afford anything else.

Went on to Naval Academy...learned about National Bohemian :beer:....made crabs shed their shells....or at least we were told that's how you made softshells!

Graduated in 64...voted for Johnson, because they said we would be in Vietnam within the year if Goldwater won.....flew my first combat mission April 26, 1966....took Johnson 17 months to get me there!... sent in my absentee ballots from Vietnam in 68 and 72!....Spent 66-69 and most of 72 and 73 in Far East...learned to love San Miguel:beer:....Flew my last (400th) combat mission on April 26, 1973....got back to Hawaii about same time that POW's were released...toasted them with a Primo :beer: as they landed at Hickam.

Parents lived near Saylorsburg, and in-laws in Bangor....visited whenever possible....My dad had switched to Piels by then....loved my folks enough that I visited anyway.

DisneyTeen
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Now my curiosity tells me I have to try one of the Chimay brews.
My son sells it and though it is extremely expensive (one of the Chimays goes for $93/case) he tried it and really didn't like it.
I get to try all kinds of beers from him.
Free is always good too.

I have also tried this beer. Its on tap at a local bar. Your son is correct in saying that its expensive. I want to say something around 8.50 a glass, at this bar, thats alot of money for a tap beer. I also agree with him, I didn't really like it. And from the looks of it, other don't either as its been on tap for a long time and this bar as 14 taps and try to change the taps every other month.

SteveL
09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=wdwfansince75;1425445]
Grew up near Saylorsburg in the 50's....spent a year at Villanova...then called "The Beer Cats"....Playboy ranked the top drinking schools in country, with caveat..."did not rank Villanova or Georgetown...only ranked the amatuers." Had to leave Villanova....couldn't stand Schmidts or Ortliebs...couldn't afford anything else. QUOTE]

C'mon, you mean you couldn't afford Shaeffer or Ballantine (remember Baseball and Ballentine?) back then. I broke in on Ballantine as a kid and moved up to Shaeffer my freshman year of college.

wdwfansince75
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
C'mon, you mean you couldn't afford Shaeffer or Ballantine (remember Baseball and Ballentine?) back then. I broke in on Ballantine as a kid and moved up to Shaeffer my freshman year of college.

Guess you are slightly younger than me....Schaeffer was a Brooklyn beer until the Allentown (Macungie?) plant opened in the 70's....And Ballantine was the Yankee's beer....Remember seeing the three rings at Connie Mack, but always associated Ballantine with Mel Allen who was the Voice of the Yankees....hated the Yankees at the time....and Ballantine was a New Jersey beer.

pogo
09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Great thread ! :thumbsup:

But I'm torn about this..... :confused: ..... and I'm having a hard time deciding.

:beer:
...:beer:
......:beer:
..........:beer:
.............:beer:

The answer for me is either the last five..... or the next five beers I'll have....

all Bud Lites. :D

Scar
09-22-2007, 02:41 PM
...and Reingold. Thought Reingold was bad then....the only beer bad enough to be "The Official Beer" of the early Mets. As I recall, I got to see them lose their 100th and 101st games in a double header at Connie Mack stadium....while sipping a Schmidts. :thumbsup:
Know it's the other end of the state (practically West Virginia), but how about a kind word for Old Frothingshlosh...:beer:"My beer is Reingold the dry beer
Think of Reingold whenever you buy beer
It's refreshing not sweet
It's the extra dry treat
Won't you try extra dry Reingold Beer."

When I was a kid I thought "Schmidts of Philadelphia" was named after Mike Schmidt.

Old Frothingshlosh may not have tasted great, but they had the coolest cans. :thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
09-22-2007, 07:18 PM
"
When I was a kid I thought "Schmidts of Philadelphia" was named after Mike Schmidt.

Too bad it wasn't....Then the Philadelphia fans would never have booed him!

A memories! Recall sitting in Flytes School, a little one room school house above Saylorsburg, listening to the Whiz Kids lose the World Series....I was Mrs. Singers pet!...she let me listen to the games, then go up to the board to write the scores. They lost in four. First three games were afternoon games during the week. Last game was on Saturday. Yankees swept them...hated the Yanks! Still do!

momef3grls
09-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I am a wine drinker but DH is the beerman(sells it for a living) and his top 5 are:
1.Red Stripe (jamaica)
2. Labatt blue
3. Franziskaner draft (named our rottie the same)
4. Sam seasonal (especially octoberfest)
5. San Miguel (phillipines)

He loves the fact that food and wine fest is not just wine and he can get a good brew too :beer:.

momef3grls
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
for those who grew up in the "Valley" that brewery now brews Sam Adams and Smirnoff malternative. Kind of sacrilege on the smirnoff if you grew up here.