PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

sweetcandis
09-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Just thought I would write this down to vent my frustrations. I recently found out that I have to undergo a mandatory medical surgery on the day we were supposed to leave for our disney vacation. I was able to change the dates for my room reservation, and I even got better dinning reservations. However, when I called Cirque du Soleil La Nouba to tranfer my tickets to an earlier show (not cancel them... transfer them), I was told that there was nothing they could do. I am now out almost $300 and it makes me very upset. I know that when sales are final it means they cannot be changed, but I was just hoping they would make an exception. If it was my choice, I would not have changed my dates.

Unfortunatelly, I will never see La Nouba. I certainly cannot afford a second set of tickets. At least I have pictures that have been posted online.

Piglet822
09-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all the frustration you're experiencing right now.
I would call again and talk to someone else, get a supervisor on the phone if you need to.
I realize the tickets are non transferable but I have heard of show times being changed.

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh. I'm so sorry. Cirque is an experience not to be missed. I would pursue this actively. A supervisor, a certified medical letter. Anything. Please let us know what happens.

illini
09-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry. That's really aggravating. I agree with the earlier replies to pursue it further. Surely someone there has a heart. If not, can you sell them on eBay? Not sure if they mail you tix in advance or if they're transferable, but you could at least get part of the $$ back if they refuse to switch them.
I hope your surgery goes well and that you have a fast and smooth recovery.

sweetcandis
09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Yayyyyyyy! I called the people at Cirque du Soleil two more times and on the second time talked with a woman with a very big heart. She changed the dates on my tickets and even gave me better seats than the ones I had before. I quess there are nice people in this world. Thank you!!!

FriendsofMickey
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
:thumbsup: That is really great! I am happy you didn't take no for an answer! :)

comicguy
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
That is simply awesome. I hope you enjoy the show(it is great). Persistance can pay off:thumbsup:

Piglet822
09-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm so glad it worked out for you - the show is awesome! Have a great time.

If not, can you sell them on eBay? Not sure if they mail you tix in advance or if they're transferable,

They are not transferable so you wouldn't be able to sell them on ebay,

illini
09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh, that is WONDERFUL news! I was thinking about you this morning, hoping you'd gotten it worked out. YEA for the nice Cirque rep!

thrillme
09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Glad you're getting to see Cirque De Sol. I fully believe in Disney and everything around it to be "reasonable" to certian circumstances.

The show sells out so readily...I have a hard time believing they wouldn't be able to resell those tickets unless it was perhaps the "day" of..