PDA

View Full Version : Special Events during a vacation

RBrooksC
09-17-2007, 08:20 AM
My wife, son and I will be arriving in MCO in almost exactly three days. 8:50 AM on Thursday is the scheduled arrival time.

We had listed on our Disney Reservation it is our anniversary vacation along with our 19 month old son's first vacation and Disney trip.

For those who are wondering if Disney does anything special when that information is added to a reservation I will post what they did, if anything, when I get back next week.

faline
09-17-2007, 11:28 AM
This is one of those areas where one person's experience is not a general rule. Some folks have reported lots of nice little touches during celebrations. Others have reported that nothing was done.

SAHDad
09-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I have heard, and in my experience, that if you call their attention to it, repeatedly, you are more likely to get special treatment. If you mention it once when you make the reservations, it's a lot less likely to get special attention than if you mention it again as you are checking in.

Looking forward to hearing about it though.

RBrooksC
09-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Oh, I can assure you that I would going to be bold enough to mention it when I engage the person at the reception desk in conversation.

tinkergal
09-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes, speak up! You & your spouse should get Anniversary buttons & your child should get a
1st Visit button at check-in. If for some reason your resort doesn't have them, Guest Relations should at any of the Parks & also DtD, or ask a CM. When your buttons are spotted, who knows what kind of magic may come your way? ENJOY!
:tink:

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
1) You can get buttons, either at the resort or park Guest Services.
2) Anything else is strictly dependent upon the individual CM.
3) They have a lot of leeway, but it depends
. . . if they like you
. . . if they feel you aren't too pushy
. . . if they feel energetic
. . . if the moon is right
4) Count on nothing and be surprised by anything.