PDA

View Full Version : Going for our anniversary - any tips?

Dsnygirl
09-17-2007, 04:19 AM
:mickey: I really hadn't thought about asking about this until I read someone's trip report re: their anniversary, and realized that of course, Disney being Disney, it gets celebrated if they're aware of it!

So - my question to all of you is - how do you make places aware that you're celebrating your anniversary?? My DH and I aren't really the type to go around announcing it when we check-in or arrive at a restaurant... I saw mention of pins you can wear, which maybe we'd do - I'm not sure - where can you find them? And is there anyplace in particular we should go that is particularly good at helping to celebrate an anniversary?? (Like a restaurant, etc.... we're staying at AS Sports, as we're headed down for I'cots anniv. party, and will barely be in our hotel, from what we can see... :D So, not really the kind of resort that would do extra-special stuff, I'm thinking... )

Any tips and/or advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup:

faline
09-17-2007, 06:02 AM
I'd suggest having the occasion noted on your reservation as well as any dining reserations you've made.

See you at the meet!

RBrooksC
09-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, for our Honeymoon dinner the first night of our trip, we got ADR for The California Grill and timed it so dessert happened during Wishes. I would highly suggest that.

SBETigg
09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
You should tell your resort because while they may not do much, they could still have pins waiting for you there and congratulations. Plus, note it when you make ADRs. You never know when they'll do something extra nice.

We had a great time at the California Grill for our anniversary. Our table didn't have the best view of the fireworks, so we just went out to the observation deck- incredible view. When we came back in, our server had our desserts waiting at our table. Narcoossee's was also good. I like the Signature dining restaurants for special celebrations, but you could have a great meal anywhere.

Mickey'sGirl
09-17-2007, 08:51 AM
We went to WDW for our 10th anniversary and had reservations at 'Ohana. While the occasion was not recognized by the hotel or the restaurant, it was still magical to be at the World for it. :cloud9:

disneycouple2004
09-17-2007, 09:10 AM
We celebrate our annv every year at the World...i let them them know when i make my reservation, and when i make each ADR...especially the one that is the actual day of..They give you both buttons to wear, we wear them the entire stay, all the CM's will wish you a happy annv and you never know what Disney will do for you, we have had free special desserts, a card signed by Mickey & Minney...candy and balloons left in our room..fast passes for rides, special seating for shows and dinner..you just never know...tell everyone..wear you buttons..and smile all the time..you never know :thumbsup:

rnin02
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
This trip we just got home from was to celebrate our one year anniversary (yay!). We made sure to have it noted on the reservation...and upon check-in we got a little certificate wishing us a happy anniversary. We picked up "Happy Anniversary" pins at guest services (City Hall) at MK and wore them for the majority of the trip. We got quite a few "congratulations" said to us, we got a special dessert at Boma, and at Hoop Dee Do they made us stand up and dance around and had the whole place make a big deal about us (and the couple next to us, they were celebrating their 40th!). Besides the special dessert and the certificate, we didn't get anything else physical, but it was fun to wear the pins, get the congratulations from CMs and it was a nice reminder to each other about the specialness of our trip, if that makes sense. It was fun!