Cast:
Me (Chris) - 24 years old...Disney Fantic
Mom (Jane) - A bit older than me...Loves Tigger

Dates:
September 17th - 21st, 2007

Resort:
Disney's Pop Century Resort

Pre-Trip Report:

I absolutely LOVE clicking on the button that says 'new topic' under the Trip Report forum because it makes the reality hit that - we're really going again!

First off, this trip started out with a buddy of mine and me going, but (to make a complicated, frustrating and long story short), he didn't have the money in the end.

So for a while, it was going to be a solo trip...then my Mom surprised me and booked on the same flights as me and is staying in Disney World for the first time since 1999! Thats when it was a family trip including my sister and Dad as well.

This will be a good trip to bond together, and do all of our favorite rides. She basically says we can do whatever I want, when and how I want, and she'll just follow along - she is happy to be there. She is in her 50s but plans on being up for hours and having long days - she says after doing a few trips and late nights in Mexico - she can tackle a long Disney day no problem....we'll see!;)

Tomorrow wakeup call is 5am, cab at 530, and flight at 730 to Minneapolis from Winnipeg, then a 1 or 2 hour grueling layover:ack: then its off to WDW.

This is my Moms first time staying at Pop Century so I look forward to introducing her to that resort...first day it is off to MGM because of EMH, and of course my favorite show ever, Fantasmic! at 8pm.

Besides that..think it'll be a half day at Epcot on Tuesday, then the evening at MK...besides that we haven't really thought it out...just gunna take it day by day and see what we want to do.

Whatever it is we choose, I promise I'll have a full trip report right here when I get back! And unlike last time when I didn't finish writing the trip reports (due to the fact my GF and I broke up and she had the Passporter...we're still friends but its just tough:()...I promise I will write a complete report this time!

Take care everyone and hey - if you're down there at the same time...look for a tall thin guy in an INTERCOT T-shirt! Stop and say hi! :D

Until my return....have a Zip-Ah-Dee-Doo-Dah week!!!

Chris :hatter: and Mom :tigger:

mouseketeer mom
09-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Oooo! Have a terrific time! You are leaving on my BD morning, which we did last year and thought it was a wonderful time to go.

faline
09-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll bet you'll be surprised at how much energy your mom has! Have a wonderful trip!

ChipnDaleGal
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
That is so nice that your mom decided to join you. I hope you have a very special time together and lots of fun! :mickey:

5fromabove
09-19-2007, 08:59 AM
You're there right now, I hope you are having a great time with your Mom! :) Can't wait to read all about it! :) :mickey:

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Hope you're having a great trip ! I'm jealous !

mrsgaribaldi
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
How nice your mom is going too:thumbsup:
Have a great trip:mickey: