PDA

View Full Version : what qualifies as a carry on

septembergirl
09-17-2007, 12:56 AM
I have asked and been informed regarding what I can take in a carry on but now I need to know what classifies as a Carry On. I have a duffle bag type of thing and I want to know if I can carry this on or if it is too large. Does anyone know the weight or size limit of Carry Ons? Thanks so much, Intercotees for all your input.:mickey:

mttafire
09-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Call the Airline you're using. Easy as that.

BigRedDad
09-17-2007, 04:31 AM
The FAA is pretty clear on how they define a carry-on. Most airlines is 45" (L + W + D). It may vary slightly, but not by much. Basically, it has to go in the overhead without much effort of squeezing it in.

faline
09-17-2007, 06:03 AM
All the information you need as to size of carryons allowed by your airline should be on the web site of your carrier. There are some variations depending upon the size of the plane you will be flying.

kakn7294
09-17-2007, 08:52 AM
An average-sized duffel bag or backpack should be okay. If you are talking about a very large sports bag, you might have a problem. There are size restrictions for carry-ons varying from airline to airline. For example, Southwest limits carry-ons to 10" X 16" X 24" but there is no weight restriction. Just remember that whatever carry-on you take, you must be able to lift it to put it in the overhead compartments so I wouldn't overload it and make it too heavy!