PDA

View Full Version : need help with my Aunt

pink967
09-17-2007, 12:14 AM
I am sorry if this is long. My Dad is from a family of 9. Growing up I had 3 aunts all within a few years of each other,one blonde, one brunette,one redhead. Watching them to me was like watching Charlies Angels.My Aunt Doris used to be afraid of everything,she would never even stay at home alone even though my dad lived next door. About 5 years ago she found out she had breast cancer,at that time she also caught her husband of 25 years cheating. She boted him out and went threw all of it with family. She went threw all the treatments and things seemed fine. You should have seen her smack her husband...my jaw dropped! A few years later, the breast cancer spread to her lungs and liver. Again she fought and did good. In April sadly we found out it had went to her brain. She went threw all the treatments again but no luck. Time now is slipping fast. She was 54 on Sept 2nd. This woman has everything planned out for her funeral, and is ready. She has taught me so much these past few years, faith, hope, courage and to live life to the fullest. My sons 5th grade class has made her cards, I would love for my Intercot family tp send cards from all over the us.If anyone would not mind,please contact me. She has 3 kids,18,20 and 26 and one grandson. Thank you all so very much. My heart is breaking.

mrsgaribaldi
09-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm so sorry. I sent you a PM

Dsnygirl
09-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt - she sounds like a great woman. Life can be so cruel... I am sorry things didn't work out better for her. Hold tight to all those wonderful things she taught you, and she will never truly be gone.... I, too, am sending you a PM. :hug:

pink967
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you all. I spoke to her today, and it is a good day. I have not only been blessed by her, but my kind friends here on the board.

offwego
09-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear of this. I hope your aunt continues to have more good days and your blessed to be able to spend them with her.

Marilyn Michetti
09-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm so sorry - from where I'm sitting - she's really young.

I hope we all go out fighting, but with our lives in order. It's a hard thing to think of, especially when you're young and healthy, but things should be easy for our loved ones when we pass, and we never know when that might be.

I have a journal, called Memories From A Mother's Heart. Each page ask's a question, like, What was your childhood home like, or Who was your best friend in High School. I've been writing a page, and scrounging pictures to go with each topic, and hope to get it bound for my children. Start now, while you're thinking about it, and just make up your own.

God bless your Aunt, and all of you. I pray that she will be kept comfortable and happy in her last days.