PDA

View Full Version : Finally, My Quest

cheshirecollector
09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
First of all, thank you to everyone who traded with me a few months ago, to give me a good mix of prizes for this. Secondly, sorry to those who wanted to try the quest, for the long wait.

This week, I'll be attempting to empty my year's worth of inventory in the "Seek and You Shall Find" Quest. It's a short quest - only 7 tasks - but for those who did my last one a while back, you know I like to make the tasks at least a little difficult. The better you know VMK, the easier it will be.

I'll be running 3-hour quests every day, 50 prizes in each, until I run out of prizes. I'll post the times on this thread. For now, the first one will be on Monday, September 17th, starting at 4:00pm California time (trying to pick up the after school crowd, and not wanting to cut into too much of the dream event time).

The prizes are a mix of retired pins, in-park quest items, costumes, holiday decorations, etc.

Everyone is welcome to repeat the quest on different days, but the way it works, it might not be faster the second time around (unless you know more about the way VMK works than I do).

If you have time, please stop by. Thanks!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Woot! Can't wait to try out your quest! (Especially if it has a princess hat! Hehe!) :D

cheshirecollector
09-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Woot! Can't wait to try out your quest! (Especially if it has a princess hat! Hehe!)

Oops, sorry doll, I'm not ready to give that hat up yet. :blush: Hopefully you'll find something else you want to try for.

cEveArdenfan
09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Aww, phooey. :donald:I have an audition tomorrow. I'll have to catch the quest next time around.

chrisb26
09-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Sounds like fun can't wait to do it! :thumbsup:

cheshirecollector
09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Forgot to mention - a Space Magic Pin is needed to do the quest, but there are no games required.

chrisb26
09-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Fun quest venetia! It was a bit of a challenge but that is good cause who likes a super easy quest? You also had great prizes which is always a plus! :thumbsup:

Chescat
09-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Aww, I'm still at work. Bummer! :(

cheshirecollector
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Fun quest venetia! It was a bit of a challenge but that is good cause who likes a super easy quest? You also had great prizes which is always a plus!

Thanks. I think I'll change the wording of that second task, though, for the next time. Too many people are giving up right there - I thought more people knew about that one. :blush:

cheshirecollector
09-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, since many people tried the quest, but only four finished, I think I made it too difficult for all but the seasoned players. I changed one of the task descriptions; hopefully it will help.

I'll be running it again tomorrow, but this time I'll do it the last three hours of the day - starting at 7:00pm California time on Tuesday, September 18th.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Aww rats. I can't try it tonight because I have dance lessons. Maybe I can stop by to say hi though! :D

cheshirecollector
09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Wow, great crowd tonight. Thanks to everyone who visited.

Same time tomorrow, I think. 7:00pm California time on Wednesday, September 19th.

Chescat
09-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Yay, I made it. Great quest Venetia! :)

cEveArdenfan
09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Fun quest, Venetia! I ranked 20 and got a gingerbread bench. Yay!:whale:

cheshirecollector
09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks to everyone again. Despite the crash, I got a huge crowd in the first hour.

Because of Dino_Fan's quest today (September 20th), I'll probably be running mine early, around 2:00pm California time.

cheshirecollector
09-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Another great crowd - thanks to everyone who tried it. Thanks to Dino, OhGee, Pirate, Tea, Krystal_Rose, and everyone else who stayed in the room with me, too.

More thanks to cita and varcity for a thrilling last-minute finish! :D

Not sure when I'll start tomorrow; I'll try to post when I decide.

cheshirecollector
09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Today's quest (Friday, September 21st) will be during the last three hours of VMK (I'll start a little early so people can see their prizes before VMK closes).

For those who did the quest before, I've now added a few tasks, and the space magic pin is no longer required. The monorail one is still there, though. (Helpful hint for those who crash on the monorail - according to piratesrider, turning off the sound and music preferences help to keep him from crashing.)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Grrrr! Curse my time-limits. Wish I could come tonight but once again I have another event (a party, lol). Gl to everyone who tries the quest though! :D

cheshirecollector
09-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Best crowd ever - with no magic requirement, the quest had more than 50 finish for once (and the poor guy who got 51 was in the room waiting, too).

I think I have enough for one more quest this weekend. I'm saving some prizes for another quest next month. Thanks to all who helped, especially chescat when I accidentally goofed up the quest machine at one point.

I'll post the day and time when I have the final one - probably tomorrow.

Jeremy
09-22-2007, 01:37 AM
It was a fun quest.
Thank you for the work you but into it.:thumbsup:
ITs alot of fun:party:

cheshirecollector
09-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Okay, last time for a while is tonight. Last three hours VMK is open again (Saturday, September 22nd, 7:00pm California time).

I'm giving away most of my pin collection for this last one (no magic, sorry).

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh no rats. I wish Mouse finished her homework sooner so we could work on the room during the day when we were just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I was going to build a room but then I read this post and I don't want to miss yet another quest :blush:

cheshirecollector
09-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Well, my apologies to anyone who managed to do the quest today despite VMK crashing. It looks like the quest machine malfunctioned and didn't award any prizes. Please let me know tomorrow if anyone did win anything, but it looked like no one did as of tonight.

I'm not going to run that quest again, as I'm still suspicious about the possibility that it was contributing to the crash. Hopefully I will get a new, less problematic quest up soon.

chrisb26
09-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Well, my apologies to anyone who managed to do the quest today despite VMK crashing. It looks like the quest machine malfunctioned and didn't award any prizes. Please let me know tomorrow if anyone did win anything, but it looked like no one did as of tonight.

I'm not going to run that quest again, as I'm still suspicious about the possibility that it was contributing to the crash. Hopefully I will get a new, less problematic quest up soon.

I was so close to compeleting the quest was on the last question when I started to have problems.

I also don't think it was your quest that caused VMK to go Boom! Although I think being the one to single handedly crash vmk from their quest would be intresting :D

cheshirecollector
09-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Although I think being the one to single handedly crash vmk from their quest would be intresting

Lol! I'm not brave enough to try again and find out. :D

I think the problem was that my quest was more prone to being affected by the crash than others, because of the monorail task.

cheshirecollector
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I just checked - the quest machine finally did award prizes, but only six people finished the quest due to the lag and crash.